Road to Wrestlemania 29: The Rock, Brock, and The Shock - Part 1
by, 02-13-2013 at 07:53 PM (4113 Views)
Hello Boys & Girls,
So the Elimination Chamber is this Sunday, and I see a lot of opportunity for the WWE to have a great month and a half leading to a well thought out, and fun Wrestlemania 29 PPV.
Do I think what I propose in this blog post will happen??? Well No….maybe some of it....maybe none of it....but nonetheless I think it would make for compelling T.V. for the next few months, and beyond.
I’m going to break it down into 3 Sections: Elimination Chamber PPV, Storylines Leading Up to Wrestlemania, and Wrestlemania 29 PPV.
I will be posting 3 separate blogs so look out for Parts 2, & 3 in the future.
So let’s get it started with Part 1: The Elimination Chamber PPV Section:
· YouTube Exclusive Pre-Show: Brodus Clay and Tensai vs. Team Rhodes Scholars
- Solid tag match, that goes back, and forth. With Sandow, and Clay battling on the floor Rhodes sets Tensai up for the Crossroads. Suddenly, Shattered Dreams Productions plays on the JumboTron. Cody loses focus an turns around into an old fashion Albert - Baldo Bomb for the 1-2-3.
· WWE Diva's Championship: Kaitlyn (c) vs. Tamina Snuka
- Kaitlyn spears Tamina after a short but fun 5 minute battle, making her look like a stronger champ going into Wrestlemania.
· United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. The Miz
- The Miz as a face just doesn’t work, and I feel that a heel turn back again will happen sooner than later. Actually I think it should happen tonight at the PPV. The Miz fights hard but Cesaro is just too tough champion, and he pulls out the victory with the Neutralizer.
- Later on in the backstage area Kofi Kingston finds the Miz looking like his cat just died. Kofi asks the Miz “Are you gonna sit around all night, and mope because you lost to Cesaro. We all lose sometimes Miz, but remember that you had thousands of fans rooting you on tonight, and they are counting on you to pick your head up, and keep competing now matter what.” Miz laughs, and asks Kofi “When is the last you actually won a match Kofi? When is the last time these fans did anything good for either one of us? You, and I Kofi are losers, and it’s because of these so called fans that we will continue to be losers. We don’t need their approval to be stars Kofi. I used to be a star when they hated my guts, and now look at me. Kofi if you stopped caring so much about what they think of you, maybe you will finally be that Main Event guy we all thought you were gonna be 3 years ago, and not some jumping bean g-rated loser you are today. Miz then walks away leaving Kofi to think over what he just said.
· World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. The Big Show
- Backstage, before WHC match The Big Show, and Mark Henry “accidentally” run into each other. Big Show tells Henry “I heard you were back Mr. Henry, but I am not really sure why. I figured you decided it would be better to stay home, and lick your wounds then come back here, and face me again. Why don’t you go back home and let the true monster, the true giant of the WWE continue to take over Smackdown, Mark smirks, and asks Show “You think you’re the big dog around here don’t you show? Let me remind you that I will always have a special place in my Hall of Pain.” Then Henry flashes that old fashion Mark Henry smile, and pushes show out of the way as he walks past. Show turns and WMD’s Henry in the back of the head, smiles, and walks to the ring.
- Del Rio holds his own for most of the match, but makes a big mistake off the top rope, and gets caught with a Choke Slam. Del Rio is down in the corner, and suddenly here comes Mark Henry. The Big Show sees him, and meets him on the outside. They go strike for strike, until it looks like Show has the upper hand. As he is climbing into the ring Henry grabs his legs so he can’t stand up fully. Del Rio with one of his Hard Ass Straight Side Kicks to Big Show’s head. Mark throws him into the ring, and Del Rio covers for the 1,2,3.
· 3 on 3 Grudge Match: The Shield vs. John Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus
- Throughout the match we see all 6 superstars shine for a brief period of time. The idea is to make it seem like we have 6 legitimate stars competing here, not just 3 main eventer’s, vs. a group of rookies that they are going to squash. The key sequence comes at the end of the match when Reigns goes for a massive clothesline on Cena, misses Cena, and knocks the Referee out cold to the outside. Ryback, Sheamus, Ambrose, and Rollins are all battling with each other on the outside of the rings, when Reigns turns around right into a huge Attitude Adjustment. Cena plays to the crowd, and goes to set up the 5-Knuckle Shuffle when suddenly “HERE COMES THE PAIN” Brock Lesnar bolts down towards the ring. Cena seems in total disbelief. Lesnar jumps into the ring, and gets face to face with Cena. They go punch for punch, back, and forth. Cena gets the upper hand, and goes for the AA, to have it only reversed into the F5. Lesnar spits on Cena’s lifeless body, and Reigns crawls for the cover, as his teammates hold down Sheamus, and Ryback on the outside. The Ref comes to, and slowly counts, 1, 2, 3. The Shield then bolt out through the crowd like they just stole something. Cena comes to, and the three losing superstars stand in the middle of the ring feeling like they just got screwed.
· #1 Contender's Elimination Chamber Match: Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane vs. Chris Jericho vs. Jack Swagger vs. Mark Henry
- Daniel Bryan, and Jack Swagger start the match out. Next to come out is Kane then Randy Orton. DB, and Kane continue to work as a team throughout the first part of the match until DB accidentally hits Kane with a Drop Kick meant for Swagger sending him into the cage. Kane and DB get into each other’s faces. Orton and Swagger both charge Kane while he’s yelling at DB but he catches them in a double Choke Slam! DB quickly grabs Kane, and rolls him up into a school boy, pinning him, and eliminating him from the chamber. Kane loses it, and starts killing DB, eventually throwing him through a pod leaving him in a mess. Mark Henry comes out next, picks up DB’s lifeless body, hits him with the WSS, and Daniel Bryan is out of the chamber. Out last is Chris Jericho, and we have our Final Four set. After a few minutes, Mark Henry starts to dominate everyone in the chamber. He WSS Orton, then Swagger, then catches Jericho off the top into a 3rd WSS. The Big Show’s music hits, and he here he comes. Show, and Henry are just staring at each other through the holes in the chamber’s seemingly unbreakable cage. Suddenly The Big Show goes crazy, and rips the door right off the cage!! Henry yells for him to come and join the hall of pain, but all Show does it point behind Henry. Henry turns around into an RKO! 1,2,3 and Henry is gone. The door of the chamber is now wide open. The 3 remaining battle back and forth until out of nowhere Jericho hits the Codebreaker on Orton. Swagger charges Jericho, but Jericho is too quick, and locks on the Walls of Jericho! Out from the back here comes Dolph Ziggler holding his MITB Briefcase. The door of the chamber is still wide open so “The Showoff” with a big smile on his face darts straight in, and nails Jericho with the case. Ziggler slinks out of the ring, and back to the locker-room like the snake he is. Swagger rolls on top for the 1,2,3, and we are down to two superstars. Swagger and Orton battle for another 6+ minutes. In the end Swagger has the Ankle Lock on while Uncle Zeb is yelling like a crazy man from the outside. Orton grabs the ropes, stands up and turns around to face Swagger. Orton goes for an Enziguri kick, but swagger ducks it, which gives Orton the split second he needs to nail the RKO! 1,2,3, and Orton is going to Wrestlemania.
· WWE Championship: The Rock (c) vs. CM Punk - If The Rock is counted out or disqualified, he will lose the title.
- This hopefully will improve upon the Royal Rumble match, with CM Punk looking a little stronger then he has before. Good solid 20 minute plus match, the quality these two are capable of putting on. The Rock gets the upper hand, and throws punk into the corner stunning the former champ. The Rock is stalking Punk, waiting for him to turn around so he can hit the Rock Bottom when Paul Heyman gets into the ring. Paul jumps in front of Punk, and drops to his knees begging The Rock not to beat his client. He looks pathetic and worthless so The Rock offers a hand to pick him up. Paul smiles and gets lifted up by The Rock. The Rock dusts Heyman off, and then…Rock Bottom. Punk is back up, and infuriated by what The Rock has done to his good friend. They battle back and forth, until they hit one of the most famous moves in wrestling history: The Double Clothesline!! They clothesline each other knocking them both down to the mat. The Ref goes to count 1, 2, 3…Then “HERE COMES THE PAIN!!!” Brock Lesnar stalks down to ringside with chair in his hands. The Ref Counts 4, 5, 6…Brock gets into the ring as the two superstars are starting to get up….7, 8, 9….Both superstars get to their feet as Brock stares straight at The Rock….BOOM CHAIR SHOT!!!....Lesnar hits PUNK with the Chair!! The Rock is shocked…Heyman is Shocked….Punk is almost dead….and Brock Lesnar just smiles, and hands The Rock the Chair, and leaves. The Ref confusingly calls for the bell. After conferring with the Ref, the ring announcer tells the crowd that due to Brock Lesnar interfering on the behalf of The Rock, that the Rock has been Disqualified, So that means the winner of this match by DQ, and NEW WWE Champion is CM Punk. Punk is still down in the corner, and Heyman is jumping for joy on the outside like a lunatic. He grabs the WWE title, and rolls CM Punk out of the ring. Heyman helps Punk down the ramp up onto the stage. The Rock is still standing in the ring in shock of what just happened. Punk still woozy from the chair shot gets a Microphone, and tells The Rock “I told you I was the best in the world” Punk then Maniacally smiles as the PPV goes off the air.
So there you have it folks, Part 1 of my three part journey towards Wrestlemania 29
I hope you enjoyed reading the blog, as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Please feel free to comment on what you think so far.
Until Part 2…I’m Zach Roth, and You’re Not.