View RSS Feed

Cross

WWE: Missed Opportunities Segement 4

Rating: 5 votes, 2.20 average.
Did you miss this blog series? Did you miss me? Not sure how many of you all look forward to my blogs, but I hope you did. I am bringing you another Missed Opportunities with who, in a lot of our opinions, should have won a Royal Rumble match. I meant to post this after this year's Royal Rumble, but I could not find the time. So here we go:

Christian
As bland on the microphone he is (as he really does not get free reign in this PG Era) I believe he should have won a Royal Rumble. Preferably, I would have had him win the 2011 Royal Rumble. Side note: Alerto Del Rios hould have NEVER won that Royal Rumble. He was not deserving of it, especially with it being the largest Royal Rumble in history. Anyways, a Christian vs. Edge for the WHC at WM27 would have sold a lot more tickets than Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge for the WHC. I mean, it was Edge's last match. I do realize WWE did not know that, but still. Even if Christian would have not won then, that match would be a lot more commemorated today with Christian in the mix.

Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho, a seasoned veteran in the WWE. I am disconcorted he never won one. As much as I enjoyed the shocker of Sheamus winning the 2012 Royal Rumble, it was not worth it. WWE should of just stuck to their predictable factor for once (I cannot believe I am saying this). Sheamus should have just got to WrestleMania another way instead of WWE giving him a Royal Rumble win that would lead to an 18 second match. Anyways, for Jericho to return and stating that, "It is the end of the world as we know it,"not to win a single pay per view in his heel run, really blemished his hype and credibility at the time. They could have even had him win it this year to go on face Dolph Ziggler for the WHC. That would have not been an erroneous idea. However, Jericho is highly unlikely to win a Royal Rumble match in his vocation.

CM Punk
I know this one may seem anomalous due to CM Punk just recently losing the WWE Championship and being that he is today, but I perceived some coming up with the concept of CM Punk losing the WWE Title to the Rock and then coming in at number 30 to win the Royal Rumble. I thought it was a plausible idea. It definitely would have had the essence of CM Punk vs. The Rock vs. John Cena seem more expedient. Otherwise, CM Punk is golden on the microphone, a sensational performer, and it is one of the few credentials Punk needs on his resume. Even if he did win it this year, he could still use his rematch clause at Elimination Chamber. You could even have him still have his cocky, arrogant self-state that he is going to beat the Rock at Elimination Chamber and then challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship to still create that ambiance CM Punk won the Royal Rumble for a purpose. Anyways, CM Punk winning it this year would have been better than John Cena. Not saying I hate John Cena, but knowing now that John Cena vs. The Rock II is set in stone, really irritates me.

Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler, another plausible choice. Sorry if this seems more of who should have won it this year instead of every other Royal Rumble matches, but anyways, Dolph Ziggler winning this year would have been huge for him. To have both the Royal Rumble win and the Moneyin the Bank briefcase would have been so legit. Just contemplate how much potency he would have. If he lost at WrestleMania, he could just beat down whoever he lost to whether Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio, etc. and then cash in his Money in the Bank right after the match, and win it. Think of how much more heel heat he would get, although I am firmly convicted more people would cheer him for such an action. You could of even have him do the whole unifying the World Championships deal by beating CM Punk at WrestleMania if WWE wanted to go that route which would have caused him to really cement himself as a memorable superstar, changing the landscape of the WWE.

Kane
Kane is the most meritorious person to win a Royal Rumble match.Time after time, Glen Jacobs works and works and works. He has shed more blood, sweat, and tears then anyone in the current WWE roster, due to him being on the WWE roster longer than anyone today, but still. He should be only quite less or at most equal to the Undertaker today. He is the Big Red Monster. The alliance with Daniel Bryan at first was interesting, but now it has just dragged on. I want to see the belligerent, pugnacious Kane that we all know and love. Kane can be such a more commodious and such a more preeminent superstar today if WWE knew how to treat their WWE stars that have been loyal to them in time. Anyways, WWE this year could have pulled a switcheroo by Kane winning the Royal Rumble, Daniel Bryan winning the World Heavweight Championship at Elimination Chamber, and then have them go one on one for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania. Not sure what you all contemplate about it, but to me, it would have been quite shocking in a way. Anyways, Kane, if I was numbering these in matter of preponderance, would be number one on the list.

Thank you for reading. And please, list who you think should have won a Royal Rumble in their career, whether it was this year or a former year. Have a good day. Remember the Cross, and Who died on it.

"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"
-Galatians 2:21

Submit "WWE: Missed Opportunities Segement 4" to Digg Submit "WWE: Missed Opportunities Segement 4" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE: Missed Opportunities Segement 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE: Missed Opportunities Segement 4" to Google

Updated 02-13-2013 at 06:46 PM by Cross

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

All the whining and complaining for young guys to get pushed.....what does this do for Jericho, Christian, or Kane's career other than saying I've done that on their resume? None of those guys need that to get on the WM card nor do they need another world title to even get to the HOF. They will be in at the end of the day. Dolph winning the Rumble makes 0 sense since he has the MITB contract. Let him unify them.....I suppose you would rather have young guys have a tougher road to the top than it already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    All the whining and complaining for young guys to get pushed.....what does this do for Jericho, Christian, or Kane's career other than saying I've done that on their resume? None of those guys need that to get on the WM card nor do they need another world title to even get to the HOF. They will be in at the end of the day. Dolph winning the Rumble makes 0 sense since he has the MITB contract. Let him unify them.....I suppose you would rather have young guys have a tougher road to the top than it already is.
    No offence TheGreatOne, but majority of the time when you have an open conjecture, all you do is castigate others. I have my presumptions, you have yours, and people have theirs. Sorry if my blog came with altercating motives, but most of these guys on the list have done a consequential amount for the WWE and I in my personal introspects would have delighted in seeing them pick up a Royal Rumble victory. You're welcome.
    Updated 02-14-2013 at 01:18 AM by Cross
    randy orton this year... i knw he has won in 2009 bt this yr he shuld have won.......
    Love the idea about Christian. Christian winning the rumble, turning heel and facing Edge for the belt in Edge's last match would have been epic. Edge would have put Christian over and then he could begin feuding with Randy Orton. The whole title vacated, Christian vs Del Rio, Christian lose the belt the next night to Orton, Christian turns heel angle was garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    No offence TheGreatOne, but majority of the time when you have an open conjecture, all you do is castigate others. I have my presumptions, you have yours, and people have theirs. Sorry if my blog came with altercating motives, but most of these guys on the list have done a consequential amount for the WWE and I in my personal introspects would have delighted in seeing them pick up a Royal Rumble victory. You're welcome.
    I'm giving my opinion. Everyone attacks WWE for this and that, but what they did in my eyes was beter thn what you presented.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I'm giving my opinion. Everyone attacks WWE for this and that, but what they did in my eyes was beter thn what you presented.
    Okay then. If you are convicted that having Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, and John Cena all win the past 3 Royal Rumbles rather then the ambiscious talent I have presented, then more potency to you in delighting in the WWE's concepts. Have a nice day.
    Updated 02-15-2013 at 12:31 AM by Cross
    In the debate of the great one vs the cross, im siding with cross. Id rather have his selections as opposed to what really happened. Plus his argument about cross only wantting young guys to win is redonk seeing as how ziggler is the newest guy on his list and even hes been around for a while. But personally ive been begging for kane to win a rumble for years now. God bless!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.