View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

The Ultimate WrestleMania 29 Card

Rate this Entry
After Elimination Chamber on Sunday, February 17th, the WWE begins its seven-week buildup to the "Show of Shows," WrestleMania 29, which takes place on Sunday, April 7th at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

WrestleManiaXXIXlogo.jpg

And so without further delay, here is my projected WrestleMania 29 card:

BATTLE ROYAL (PRE-SHOW MATCH)
PARTICIPANTS: ALEX RILEY, BRODUS CLAY, CODY RHODES, CURT HAWKINS, DARREN YOUNG, DAVID OTUNGA, DERRICK BATEMAN, DREW McINTYRE, EPICO, FANDANGO, HEATH SLATER, JEY USO, JIMMY USO, JINDER MAHAL, JTG, JUSTIN GABRIEL, MASON RYAN, MICHAEL MCGILLICUTTY, PERCY WATSON, PRIMO, SANTINO MARELLA, TED DiBIASE, TENSAI, TITUS O'NEIL, WILLIAM REGAL, YOSHI TATSU, & ZACK RYDER
This is the match where the WWE Superstars who have failed to make the WrestleMania 29 card something to do. The reason that I included Cody Rhodes in this match is because I expect the rumored Cody Rhodes versus Goldust match to hit a snag. The other possibility was the 10-man tag team match (more on that later), but with too many great heels, Rhodes will likely be the odd man out.

KANE VS. DANIEL BRYAN
I expect the partnership of Kane and Daniel Bryan to end when they lose the WWE Tag Team belts (probably to Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara), resulting in this match.

TEAM VICKIE VS. TEAM BOOKER T (WINNING TEAM'S CAPTAIN GETS CONTROL OF BOTH RAW AND SMACKDOWN​)
PARTICIPANTS: BIG SHOW, MARK HENRY, JACK SWAGGER, DAMIEN SANDOW, & ANTONIO CESARO (TEAM VICKIE); THE GREAT KHALI, KOFI KINGSTON, REY MYSTERIO, SIN CARA, & THE MIZ (TEAM BOOKER T)
The seeds for this match begins with Vickie Guerrero wanting to run both Monday Night RAW and Friday Night SmackDown. Only one problem? Booker T also wants to run both shows. Thus, it creates the rivalry between good and evil GMs.

CHRIS JERICHO & TRISH STRATUS VS. DOLPH ZIGGLER & A.J. LEE
The never-ending rivalry between Y2J and the Show-Off continues when Jericho costs Ziggler the chance to be the new World Heavyweight Championship at the Elimination Chamber PPV. The rivalry picks it up when Stratus makes a guest appearance while A.J. accuses the newest member of the WWE Hall of Fame of taking the spotlight. This will be the lone WrestleMania 29 match to feature the Divas since most of the Divas get no reaction from the WWE Universe.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
ALBERTO DEL RIO VS. RANDY ORTON
I expect Orton to win the Elimination Chamber match this Sunday (he turns heel when he attacks Del Rio after Del Rio defeats Big Show to retain the World Heavyweight Championship).

RYBACK & SHEAMUS VS. DEAN AMBROSE & SETH ROLLINS
The Shield continue their assault on the WWE thanks to an interference from Brad Maddox, defeat John Cena, Ryback, & Sheamus at the Elimination Chamber PPV. With Cena competing in the WWE Championship (more on that later), expect this battle to be two on two with Roman Reigns to likely be the odd man out.

TRIPLE H VS. BROCK LESNAR (HELL IN A CELL MATCH)
Lesnar's return to the WWE to save Paul Heyman from being "fired" by Vince McMahon will no doubt set up this match featuring Heyman's charge taking on a returning Game.

UNDERTAKER VS. CM PUNK
The Phenom finally makes his long-awaited return to WWE TV when he makes an appearance following the Rock vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Will the Deadman's 20-match WrestleMania winning streak continue?

JOHN CENA VS. THE ROCK (WWE CHAMPIONSHIP)
The People's Champion will no doubt retain the WWE Championship against CM Punk at the Elimination Chamber PPV, thus setting up Rock-Cena II at WrestleMania 29​. Who will emerge victorious?

Submit "The Ultimate WrestleMania 29 Card" to Digg Submit "The Ultimate WrestleMania 29 Card" to del.icio.us Submit "The Ultimate WrestleMania 29 Card" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Ultimate WrestleMania 29 Card" to Google

Updated 02-13-2013 at 02:00 AM by Dashing Rachel

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't agree with all of these matches but this is very well thought out so I give you props. I think the only thing missing is the typical female celebrity that acts as a valet for one of the matches.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.