View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Booking the "best" possible card for Wrestlemania 29

Rating: 4 votes, 3.50 average.
I know what many may be thinking.....another blog booking WM29. We know some of the rumored matches that are expected to happen, but what about the undercard? Which is the point to book the best possible card aka best US, tag, Divas, IC and world title matches. I will give reasons behind it along with results. I'd also like to hear your thoughts on this card along with what you would do with the undercard. So here we go, the best possible card for WM 29 with expected rumored matches aka HHH vs Lesnar, Cena/Rock 2, among others.

US title 6 Pack Challenge: Cesaro(C) vs Jack Swagger vs Christian vs Miz vs Cody Rhodes vs Damien Sandow-Cesaro has had a long reign with the US title. Best time to have him to lose the belt to an American is at Mania. Also gives a Mania moment to a returning Jack Swagger who is dubbed the All-American American. Coming off a return and winning the US title on the big stage would provide a boost to him along with beating a guy who fans don't like will get the crowd behind him. Rest of the guys in the match deserve to be on the card. 6 Pack challenge is better than a stupid tag match.
Tag titles: Team Hell No!(C) vs Mysterio/Cara-If tag titles will be defended on the big stage of WM, who do you think should defend or challenge for the belts. In my eyes it is Team Hell No! Certainly arn't gonna have Usos vs PTP make it on WM. People say them 1 on 1. Are we really going to have guys who can barely get booked on Raw or SD make the show? Can't have that Mysterio/Cara match after both missing time due to injuries and personal issues. Not enough of a story to hype up a match. Should have them win tag titles possibly face at Summerslam or something.
Divas title:Kaitlyn(C) vs Layla-I was thinking AJ here, but Kaitlyn should hold on to the belt for a while. If AJ gets a shot, she should win. Layla staring at the Divas title after her big win vs Eve tells me this should happen. Best possible Divas match for Mania.
IC title: Wade Barrett (C) vs Big Show-Not a big fan of Big Show's at all. I really would rather see Big Show vs Ryback, but since it is likely that Jericho faces Ryback. I think this should be the match to help put Barrett over. I was debating over Cesaro or Barrett, but I feel Barrett needs that rub more. The only 2 guys he has defeated was Kofi and Bo Dallas. Him knocking out the Big Show on the biggest stage of them all would be a Mania moment for him. Hell, Cesaro doing to Big Show his finisher would be awesome too. I would be cool with either choice. However, Barrett needs the rub more. Big Show knockout punch vs that deadly elbow.
Ryback vs Jericho-The situation here is that, Jericho is more of a face right now than a heel. Will this backfire with fans rooting for Jericho at Mania? The kind of storyline I'd do is Jericho attacks Ryback for being pushed to the top so quickly while he had to work his butt off to get to the top. Ryback obviously wins here.
Fatal 4 Way World title: Dolph Ziggler(C) vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton vs Del Rio-Many expect either Del Rio vs Dolph or Sheamus vs Orton for the world title. Just how many matches can we have at Mania. Than people think or want Orton or Sheamus to win the belt only to lose it to Dolph Ziggler in a short time period? Do you want Orton to be a 16x world champion? You want Sheamus to be step closer to having another 10x world champion? I don't!! Here is how I see it going down even though I'd rather see him cash it in at Mania. I think Dolph cashes it in at EC after Del Rio is victorious. He runs out after Mark Henry attacks Del Rio to say to Booker T, I want a world title shot. Dolph cashes in and wins world title. Del Rio has a rematch clause and we have a new #1 contender for a world title which makes it a triple threat match. Sheamus beats Orton on SD to get a spot in the world title match. Obviously Ziggler wins after another Mark Henry beatdown on Del Rio while Sheamus and Orton are battling outside distracting the ref.
Grudge match:HHH vs Brock Lesnar-Even though I don't want to see this match....it is more likely than not will happen specifically after Lesnar beat up his dad on Raw. HHH wins more likely than not. I'm still rooting for Lesnar though......LOL!
Respect: CM Punk vs Taker-I was thinking Shield challenging for the tag titles, but which 2. Plus, it would take them out of the Main event type of picture for a while. I fully expect Shield to get involved when the ref gets knocked down. Be cool to see Taker getting ready to hit a signature move and lights go out and it is the Shield. Pyro hits and Kane comes out to help his brother. Attacks them and double choke slam to two of them. Taker wins too obviously here.
WWE title: The Rock(c)vs John Cena-I'm the minority here who wants to have Cena/Rock 2. I believe Cena should have won last year which is why I want him to get a rematch. Everyone acts like it is the end of the world that Punk lost to him, but acted as if it was ok that Cena lost to him at Mania. We knew this months going into it that Rock would likely beat CM Punk for the belt. Than we see all these blogs talking about him not being there which is why he shouldn't have beat him. Who should have beat him? What young guy in WWE who works a full-time schedule should have beat him for the belt? Rock has worked more shows than Undertaker in yet a lot of people have blogs up booking Mania having Taker beat him for the belt at Mania. The same guy who works about a handful of shows a year, but attack the Rock for the same thing. Another Cena reign whine, but whoever would beat him for the belt would be over. Anyone who beats Cena will be over with the crowd whether positive or negative chants. Just imagine Barrett beating Cena at Summerslam this year for the WWE title. Would you be upset than? Instead of looking at the negatives....look at the positives. For goodness sake, Punk can't hold on to the belt forever. I saw someone say he should have held the belt for another year. Are you nuts?

In any case, that is my best possible WM29 card. Do you have one? Include rumored matches along with that and impress me!! How'd I do? Leave that in the comment section below. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed!!

Blogs coming up(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Trish Stratus top 10 moments
Trish Stratus top 10 matches
Why isn't Taker Mr.Wrestlemania
What bothers me about WM 17
Top 5 best and worst WM matches all-time(requested)

Submit "Booking the "best" possible card for Wrestlemania 29" to Digg Submit "Booking the "best" possible card for Wrestlemania 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking the "best" possible card for Wrestlemania 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking the "best" possible card for Wrestlemania 29" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. JohnnyV123's Avatar
    The reason Cena shouldn't win the title is because Wrestlemania in my eyes is both the culmination and beginning to the new wrestling year. Some feuds end but the end of the show is like a message of hey this is what we are focusing on for the next year come watch.

    Having the last moment that takes you into the new wrestling year be John Cena winning the championship AGAIN would tell me that the new wrestling year will not have me watching WWE television. I have seen it enough and I don't need to see it anymore. He does nothing new, he has no new gimmick, his promos have been boring and stale. Why should that be the focus of the new year?? The ONLY thing that would make me be okay with it is if they turn Cena heel, but since that won't be happening I am completely against it.
  2. TheGreatOne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    The reason Cena shouldn't win the title is because Wrestlemania in my eyes is both the culmination and beginning to the new wrestling year. Some feuds end but the end of the show is like a message of hey this is what we are focusing on for the next year come watch.

    Having the last moment that takes you into the new wrestling year be John Cena winning the championship AGAIN would tell me that the new wrestling year will not have me watching WWE television. I have seen it enough and I don't need to see it anymore. He does nothing new, he has no new gimmick, his promos have been boring and stale. Why should that be the focus of the new year?? The ONLY thing that would make me be okay with it is if they turn Cena heel, but since that won't be happening I am completely against it.
    I don't believe that Cena will hold the belt all that long. I expect someone cashes in MITB on him to put over a new star at some point which is intriguing. A guy like Cesaro or Barrett beating him for the belt would put them over. That is the positive. Whoever defeats him will be over big time. I don't believ the theory you have either where this is what the new year is going to see. Over the years, champions have lost the belts quickly after their title win. Cena lost it shortly after defeating Batista at Mania. He also lost it just a month later to Edge after WM25. Miz beating Cena at Mania didn't say that was the way 2011 year is to come because he still lost it afterwards. Jericho lost world title after beating Edge to Swagger.
  3. Hurlyfortnight's Avatar
    I'll tell you why they shouldn't do Cena vs. Rock II. Already did it. How much different do you think the match will be? The finish will be different but what else will change? It was evident from the Rock's last two matches, he has some ring rust. He looked slow against Punk at the Rumble, I know Cena isn't Punk, but Cena and Rock are at points in their careers where they need someone to make them look good in the ring. (Well just Rocky is, Cena has been stuck there since day 1.) And why do I want to watch two faces face each other again? Unless Rock goes back to sold out, Hollywood Rock, I don't want to see Fruity Pebbles bashing stupid rhetoric vs. And where is the Rock now? Have Punk squirm his way into the main event. (I would rather see a triple threat match instead Taker going to 21-0, what the point to go past 20?) But the most important reason why WWE should really reconsider repeating the same main event: Do you think the New York Crowd will cheer Cena when he wins? I don't think it will go over as they plan. Rest of the card looks right.
  4. Mark Hague's Avatar
    How can someone get a blog posted this far after Royal Rumble and still not grasp people's problem with Rock winning the belt? The manner in which he won it was only the creamy topping on that shit pie. Punk had a historic reign and if it was going to end it should've been on a bigger stage than at that pretty lame Royal Rumble in his first match to a man who hasn't been a wrestler for a decade. You say that Taker winning is bad because he is part time too? Well there is a difference, because Taker has a streak ya see, and Punk HAD a streak, and you could make a must watch match out of which streak is going to end there because one HAS too. Then Taker who is reportedly in fairly crap health can potentially retire as champion, vacating the belt. Simple.

    The complete lifelessness that has followed Rock ending Punk's reign shows how weak the whole angle is, and his virtual absentia except for coming out to throw a few corny People speeches around often leaves me at least unaware he is the WWE champion. They seem to avoid mentioning the belt almost entirely and now the WHC comes across as the most desired title.
  5. Dr. Death's Avatar
    Mark just hit the nail on the head with his post. Leave it to WWE to mess up everything they did have going, now it's back to the drawing board with little interest in their supposedly top belt. Del Rio and the WHC at this point in time is a better watch than Wocky and the now worthless WWE belt.
  6. TheGreatOne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurlyfortnight
    I'll tell you why they shouldn't do Cena vs. Rock II. Already did it. How much different do you think the match will be? The finish will be different but what else will change? It was evident from the Rock's last two matches, he has some ring rust. He looked slow against Punk at the Rumble, I know Cena isn't Punk, but Cena and Rock are at points in their careers where they need someone to make them look good in the ring. (Well just Rocky is, Cena has been stuck there since day 1.) And why do I want to watch two faces face each other again? Unless Rock goes back to sold out, Hollywood Rock, I don't want to see Fruity Pebbles bashing stupid rhetoric vs. And where is the Rock now? Have Punk squirm his way into the main event. (I would rather see a triple threat match instead Taker going to 21-0, what the point to go past 20?) But the most important reason why WWE should really reconsider repeating the same main event: Do you think the New York Crowd will cheer Cena when he wins? I don't think it will go over as they plan. Rest of the card looks right.
    I suspect you believe you would call yourself a smart wrestling fan right? Well, what do we have rematches? You think 2 guys who have 10+ years of experience each doesn't know that the match will be different. Do you really expect Cena to carry the Rock again? I think it will be the other way around. I hope we don't go through those same promos again. I figure we won't though because this isnt about those 2 this time. It will be about being the WWE champion which means you are the best in this business today. Does WWE really give a crap how the crowd responds to John Cena? Look how the crowd responded in Chicago at WM22 when he faced HHH or how about the following year in Detroit vs HBK?
  7. TheGreatOne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death
    Mark just hit the nail on the head with his post. Leave it to WWE to mess up everything they did have going, now it's back to the drawing board with little interest in their supposedly top belt. Del Rio and the WHC at this point in time is a better watch than Wocky and the now worthless WWE belt.
    Whining about seeing Rock/Cena 2....how is Del Rio vs Big Show 3 better?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.