View RSS Feed

luduca444

Luduca's Playground: The next face of the WWE.

Rate this Entry
January 23rd, 1984: Hulk Hogan beat The Iron Sheik to win the WWF championship, and Hulkamania was created.

June 23rd, 1996: Stone Cold Steve Austin beat Jake "the Snake" Roberts to win the 1996 King of the Ring, and Austin 3:16 was born.

April 3rd, 2005: John Cena beat John Bradshaw Layfield to win the WWE championship, and the Cenation was started.

These three superstars were/are considered the face of the WWF/E during their respective eras. Their charisma and ability to get a reaction from the crowd made them a success in this industry known as sports entertainment. People argue that their wrestling skills are around the average level, maybe a lil above. But you can't argue that these three are the most popular superstars to grace a wrestling ring.

So what are you trying to say Luduca? How 'bout you get to the point Luduca?

Well alrighty then. The next face of the WWE won't be known until around at least 2014. Sure, you can make a case for a number of current superstars to be the next face, or maybe you can praise a superstar in the developmental system. But judging from the current and past faces of the WWE, the middle of the decade is when the new face will starts his rise.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe 2013 will be the year. Or God forbid we wait until 2017. And there surely isn't any rule or statute that states that the next face has to arrive in the middle of the decade.

But I have a feeling that the next face of the company won't appear until at least 2014. However, here's the million-dollar question: Who is going to be the next face of the WWE?

Dolph Ziggler: Any list concerning this topic has to include The Showoff. Many feel like he's the perfect guy to become the next face of the WWE. The only problem i have is his name. Dolph Ziggler? I would change it to his real name Nic Nemeth. Other than that, he's a good candidate.

Cody Rhodes: I'm meh on this guy. He can wrestle, but i just don't see him being the face of the WWE. Upper card, yeah, main event, mhmm, but face? Nope

Antonio Cesaro: The dude's been on a roll lately, and I can see doing even bigger things. Face of the WWE? I'm not sold on that yet; I don't see the WWE having a non-American as the face.

Wade Barrett: The Barrett Barrage. Can it take him all the way to leading the company? See Antonio Cesaro on that one. They'll both do great things, but I can't see either one of them as the face of the WWE.

Dean Ambrose: An IWC favorite. Anyone who doesn;t think Ambrose isn;t good on the mic hasn't heard him talk. The total package, and personally I can see him being the face. However, he play's a crazy person best, and I can't see the WWE having a wacko as their face.

So what do you guys think? Am I an idiot? Bat shit crazy? Leave your comments below, and remember, this is my first blog.

Submit "Luduca's Playground: The next face of the WWE." to Digg Submit "Luduca's Playground: The next face of the WWE." to del.icio.us Submit "Luduca's Playground: The next face of the WWE." to StumbleUpon Submit "Luduca's Playground: The next face of the WWE." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Ryback is the obvious choice for me, but nobody else seems to get it
    Whoever it is, he will be physically larger than Ziggler or Punk or Daniel Bryan. Vince has always favored the bigger guys. There have been exceptions (HBK, Bret Hart). Also, mic skills definitely count more than in-ring skills. McMahan has always said he can put anyone over, so the technical skills are secondary to him. He has always liked big strong musclemen, like the Warrior and Triple H. Of the names you mentioned, Ambrose might be the one. But we really haven't seen his in ring skills yet, at least not in WWE. But maybe...
    I think, like Punk, and the SES, im better than you persona. I think think someone will make the call and let Ambrose be that crazy man character eventually, so out of this grouping hes my pick. I mean, Ziggler, IMO, is good, but without a voice doing his talking, he wont be the one. I dont think they have buried Barrett enough to put him to Swagger status yet, but hes teetering. I truly do think he has tons of talent and works hard, if they tried, Barrett could be a huge deal moving forward. Cesaro is a tough call, the guy will always kill it in the ring but it takes more than that to get to face of the company status. Seth Rollins is also very possible, he got very over in ROH for a guy that just couldnt talk, but he can do a Bret Hart type promo that could be enough to get him to an important spot. Nice blog!
    I just thought of something. Hulk hogan beat Shiek in 1984. Stone Cold won the king of the ring tournament in 1996, 12 years later. Minus three from that and you get 9. 9 years later, cena beat JBL. Minus 3 again and we get to 2011. What was the biggest match? CM Punk beating Cena.....and there is your answer. We had hulk and cena who were like each other. Now we will have stone cold and punk who are like each other.....I read into things too much

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.