View RSS Feed

Smark Calaway II

Smark Calaway's Shoot o' Three #2 - Best entrance themes in WWE History

Rate this Entry
Good day kids and kats (on the subject of which). Welcome to the second Shoot o' Three from yours truly Smark Calaway II. Today I thought it would be a nice idea to look at the best entrance themes in WWE history.

I think the one that has to start this ball rolling belongs to that god-damn S.O.B, Stone Cold Steve Austin. Anyone who watched 'rasslin in 90's will testify that every time that glass broke there was no chance (in hell) that the next minutes of action would be a disappointment This sound created arguably the biggest pop in pro wrestling history on 4th January 1999 when Austin did his run-in on the famous Rock/Mankind title match.

The next theme, in my opinion was about 100 times better than the wrestler himself, the theme of the Ultimate Warrior. Jim Johnston is a brilliant composer. He can take the essence of a wrestler's act and translate it brilliantly into their theme. Warrior was no exception In reality his entrance was far better than his wrestling or his promos. I would recommend watching Warrior's DVD (The Self Destruction of...) as it is not only a classic example of how the WWE can fuck you over if you go against them but there is a great segment with Jim Johnston talking how he made this theme and his thoughts about it. Jolly good, now let's move on.

This one is going to be a tough one but I think the winner of this spot has got to be DX. I know, I know, what about Hogan, Rocky, Bret Hart but the thing that makes this one special in my opinion is the great way they edited the entrances for TV, cutting in quick shots of the group in action creating a jarring effect that made you sit up and take notice. Musically the song is Ok but in terms of the vibe it created (see the two top entries) it has to rank with the best of them.

Honorable mention here to Mankind of course, I fucking love that tune. Anyroad that's about it for this Shoot o' Three. Stay tuned for more jibber jabber from this mother, now fuck off!

Your Friend
Smark Calaway II

Submit "Smark Calaway's Shoot o' Three #2 - Best entrance themes in WWE History" to Digg Submit "Smark Calaway's Shoot o' Three #2 - Best entrance themes in WWE History" to del.icio.us Submit "Smark Calaway's Shoot o' Three #2 - Best entrance themes in WWE History" to StumbleUpon Submit "Smark Calaway's Shoot o' Three #2 - Best entrance themes in WWE History" to Google

Comments

Warrior and DX themes are good, but wouldn't make my top 10.
    Fair enuff Grate One. Fair enuff. Oh and of course Great Kahli signing Sexy Boy waa better than all of this but hey, aniother time motherfuckers
    I personally think that stone colds theme was the greatest dx would be in my top 10 i always loved the hardy boys entrance the most epic is deff the undertaker .... the other most mentionable is HBK coming into his iron man match with bret hart down from the raffters on a zip line it was a big thing back then at the in your houses he always did something crazy
    agree with pretty much everything you said man. Was thinking of Shawn's iron man entrance whilst writing this. Undertaker I didn't really think about but I will save that rant for another day
    Quote Originally Posted by Smark Calaway II
    Fair enuff Grate One. Fair enuff. Oh and of course Great Kahli signing Sexy Boy waa better than all of this but hey, aniother time motherfuckers
    not saying the songs are bad because Warriors is one of the best ever. Just not a personal fav.
    i know, i know. it's all cool man.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.