View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 5 best and worst Elimination Chamber matches all-time

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Decided instead of doing 2 of the Trish Stratus blog since she is now getting inducted in the HOF this year. Instead, go ahead and get this Top 5 best and worst Elimination Chamber matches of all-time. I must stress this is my opinion. So here we go, Top 5 best and worst Elimination Chamber matches of all-time!! Let us start off with the worst saving the best for last:

Worst:
5.Smackdown 2012-A lot of folks I know may not agree with me, but I'm not a big fan of Santino at all. Don't believe he has the potential to be a main event talent. Made this particular Chamber as he did the Rumble make it a joke. That is the main reason the match made my worst list.
4.Raw 2010-John Cena wins the WWE title only to lose it to Batista? Than he turns around and wins the championship back at Mania? There is a reason why Cena is a 10x world champion. Stupid garbage like that. 2009 Chamber was considered as well.
3.Summerslam 03-The moment us fans were all waiting for, Goldberg to win the world title in the WWE. WWE does this a lot where instead of having them win the title on a big stage, save it for the next months ppv which is quite ridiculous. Everyone including myself were angry because Goldberg didn't leave with the title.
2.Smackdown/ECW 2008-Downright horrible besides the amazing finish to the match. Have these big guys like Big Daddy V and Khali get out early. Felt like most knew it would come down to the men who started the match which was Batista and Undertaker. Taker's chokeslam to MVP off the pod was great. Batista aiming Taker's head at the chamber to reverse it into a Tombstone in the middle of the ring was great. However, rest of the match stunk big time. Felt slow with quick finishes.
1.Extreme Chamber 06-ECW held a ppv December to Dismember, featured Sabu until he got hurt in the back. Replaced by Hardcore Holly. Match wasn't that good at all. Except for the use of the chair no one really used weapons. Lashley used a table to get out of the chamber which was locked after he was scheduled to come out. He beat Test in less than 4 minutes. Felt it took a while for Show's pod to open after that which had Lashley throwing all the weapons at the pod during the time period. It did make Lashley, but Chamber match stunk. One of the worst ppvs ever produced by WWE without question. Which is why it is #1!

Best:
5.Elimination Chamber 2010 Smackdown-HBK getting involved and Jericho winning was pretty awesome to set up his final match with the Undertaker at WM 26.
4.No Way Out 2008 Raw-Even though HHH won, it was a great chamber match the crowd really got behind Jeff Hardy. I had no idea who would win this match because everyone pretty much faced Orton at the time who was a face. HBK at Cyber Sunday and Survivor Series, Y2J at Armaggeddon, Jeff Hardy at the Royal Rumble, and HHH faced Orton more times than I want him to including 2x at No Mercy. That set up Hardy to win the MITB, but he got suspended. It took far too long for Hardy to win after that, but it was still sweet until they only had him hold the belt for a month. I thought he should have won it at No Mercy that year.
3.New Years Revolution 2006-Unlike Santino stupid surprise this past year in the Chamber. I liked the surprise of Carlito and Chris Masters lasting til the end. Both to me at the time, had potential of being main event talents one day. Especially Masters, couldn't believe the way he was used in his 2nd run in WWE. No one saw this coming. I couldn't believe Kurt Angle was the first to be eliminated in the Chamber match. Other than John Cena, I'd say he was my fav to win the match. Masters and Carlito both on top of each other pinning Kane. Double cross at the end by Carlito was funny and I was surprised out of the 2 he would be the last eliminated superstar.
2.New Years Revolution 2005-Another notch under HHH's belt to say I won the world title this many times. I enjoyed the hype leading up to the match including HBK being the ref. Throughout the night Edge wanted out of the match because he speared HBK at Taboo Tuesday. HBK superkick to Edge had the crowd go crazy. Story telling of the match was amazing. HHH being in both the crossface and walls of Jericho right before Batista's chamber was set to open. Took a few seconds to get the pod open to make it even better. Batista dominating both Jericho and Benoit helped make him into a star. Orton RKO on Batista while HHH could have got up to help him. Led to a great WM main event match between the two.
1.Survivor Series 02-Can anyone really argue with this pick as the top 1? RVD did things in that chamber that made you go, "Wow"! Still a story talked about during that match was him botching the 5 star frog splash onto HHH. HBK winning was something special after all those years to come back and win the world title. HHH/HBK had a 2 out of 3 falls match on the next ppv a lot of folks still talk about til this day. Didn't understand the short title reign. Maybe it was because HBK didn't think he would compete at Mania.

In any case, there you have it. The top 5 best and worst Elimination Chamber matches of all-time. Did I get it right? Did I miss any? What is your top 5 best and worst? Leave that in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!

Submit "Top 5 best and worst Elimination Chamber matches all-time" to Digg Submit "Top 5 best and worst Elimination Chamber matches all-time" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 best and worst Elimination Chamber matches all-time" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 best and worst Elimination Chamber matches all-time" to Google

Comments

So Why are you judging a match on who wins? *says it's a 5 star match* *Someone they hate wins = That match was shit.*
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2
    So Why are you judging a match on who wins? *says it's a 5 star match* *Someone they hate wins = That match was shit.*
    Not really, I had HHH winning 2 chamber matches didnt want him to win on the best side. I wanted Taker to win that Smackdown/ECW match, but it made the worst list.
    Good blog mate! I completely agree with the Extreme Chamber match. Probably the worst main event of all time.
    Damn, the EC has been around for over 10 years now? Where did the time go?
    Plausible blog. I must agree with your #1 on the best list. The way that match played out was brilliant. However, in my opinion, I believe the 2009 Smackdown EC was extrordinary and should be in the Top 5. Hope to see more blogs like these. I would like for you to do one on the Top 5 Worst and Best Wrestlemania Matches. Good read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    Plausible blog. I must agree with your #1 on the best list. The way that match played out was brilliant. However, in my opinion, I believe the 2009 Smackdown EC was extrordinary and should be in the Top 5. Hope to see more blogs like these. I would like for you to do one on the Top 5 Worst and Best Wrestlemania Matches. Good read.
    Never really thought about doing one for Mania, but since it was proposed....I'll do it closer towards Mania. I usually do these types of blogs dedicated to the ppv that happens that month.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.