View RSS Feed

Jaydash

Jason's Thougts: Impact Wrestling 1-31-12

Rate this Entry
Bad Influence/Magnus/Aces- This was pretty underwhelming and left much to be desired, it felt random. Magnus just walks into the ring out of nowhere and suddenly Magnus becomes like super man and is taking out guys left and right.But still Bad Influences mic work was spot on as usual and Magnus was ok as a face, its still something to work on though.
Rating: 5/10

Robbie E vs Joseph Park- This was a really fun match. When you have Joseph Parks in a ring, the skills and the action do not as matter as much as the entertainment and enjoyment. I also liked the tension building between Robbie E and Rob Terry.
Rating: 4.5/10

Chavo Guerrero vs Austin Arries- What a dream match, two of the best high flyers in the world going at it, tons of spots, lots of story progression and a sick brain buster to close a very exciting matchup, I really reccomend to watch this match, for anybody who missed impact.
Rating: 6.5/10

Bully & Brooke/ Sting/ Hogan- This was pretty strange, out of nowhere Hulk is getting all of this development and becoming so trustworthy of Bully after disliking him like a week or two ago was pretty much out of the blue. For what it was it was a nice feel good moment and set up a pretty cool match for next week.
Rating: 4/10

Velvet Sky/James Storm vs Tara and Jesse- This match was a hell of a lot better than I thought it was gonna be, I thought Jesse was gonna be sub par in the ring but he held his own James Storm (sorta) and showed some nice in ring ability, the knockouts were also good as usual. It was energetic, it was entertaining and it was short and sweet.
Rating: 5/10

Mr Anderson vs Kurt Angle- Definately could have been better, I was expecting this one to be up there with some of their great encounters like at Lockdown. For what it was it gave us a pretty cool match and some cool "suprises" with Garrett and Wes Brisco joining Aces. Even though alot of saw this coming, the whole moment just felt a little intense, the crowd and Kurt's reaction, the beatdown after Kurt was such a good mentor was just fantastic to watch and im a little more interested in Aces and Eight again
Rating: 6.9/10, thought it was inbetween 6 and 7 but higher than a 6.5

Overall: 6/10, this was a very stacked show but it was more about moments, entertainment and all of this fun stuff and a little less serious wrestling. The crowd did help the feel, it just felt so alive.

Extra Comments: Thank you for reading this blog, I hope you really enjoyed it, the next big blog im planning is to talk about TNA's positions, the TNA One Night Only's, the on the road Impacts and all of that good stuff.

Submit "Jason's Thougts: Impact Wrestling 1-31-12" to Digg Submit "Jason's Thougts: Impact Wrestling 1-31-12" to del.icio.us Submit "Jason's Thougts: Impact Wrestling 1-31-12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jason's Thougts: Impact Wrestling 1-31-12" to Google

Updated 02-01-2013 at 12:33 AM by Jaydash

Tags: impact, tna
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Over all good show. Over there Magnus is superman. Hope he becomes a key player against A&8.
    its ok to me but I just wish it would be more of a serious Impact. I love some of the Wrestling. All in all TNA will get there, but I must say The KnockOUT girls have a very edgy and sex appeal. But for the men it seems they wanna push the younger guys and do need the vets as well.
    Chavo vs AA was a greatmatch..it is one of my many dream matches..n they lived upto my expectations considering it as a TV match...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.