View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk, What's left for him?

Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Hey everyone. WWE.com has been running a story on what CM Punk could accomplish next. I am here to support this by giving my opinion(s on what he could really do. I hope you enjoy...

First off, Punk has a long way to go in WWE. He's in great shape and healthy, so he will be in WWE for a long time. Punk has a long way to go and WWE shouldn't bunch all of his accomplishments up at once. They should spread them out. Punk became a Triple Crown winner in a matter of 6 months in 2008 by winning the World Heavyweight, World Tag Team and Intercontinental Championships. When he lost the World Title due to forfeit, he won the tag titles with Kofi Kingston one month later and not even a month after losing the tag titles, he won the Intercontinental Championship from William Regal. Because of this, I don't think they should have had Punk as World Champion before winning the other two titles. I think they should have had someone else win the 2008 Money in the Bank match, i.e. Mr Kennedy to make up for 2007 and have Punk win the Intercontinental Championship from Santino Marella instead of Regal, so that way Punk would have been a Double Champion for also winning the tag team titles with Kofi Kingston and could have had a longer Intercontinental Championship reign before losing the title to JBL.

[B]Career Highlights[/B]
- WWE Champion
- World Heavyweight Champion
- Intercontinental Champion
- World Tag Team Champion
- ECW World Champion
- 2008 and 2009 Money in the Bank Ladder match winner
- 2011 Superstar of the Year

I think Punk should be one of the next superstars to win a Royal Rumble match. There are others too such as Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler and probably more but I think Punk should be one of the NEXT. I think if not 2014, then DEFINATELY in 2015 he should win the Royal Rumble match.

[B]King of the Ring?[/B]
If there is a King of the Ring tournament, even though Punk probably would NOT be included in it, I think that he would be a perfect one. Punk made it into the finals in 2008 before losing via Submission to William Regal but The Straight Edge King has somewhat of a nice ring to it in my opinion. He might even spark a short feud with Jerry The King Lawler and maybe even lead to a match between the two "Kings" of WWE.

[B]Attempt to end The Streak[/B]
CM Punk is one of the major guys in WWE to have NEVER competed against Undertaker at WrestleMania. Others include John Cena, Sheamus and Wade Barrett. I think if they don't have Punk challenge him this year, then they should have him challenge Undertaker at WrestleMania 30.

[B]General Manager[/B]
He's a Professional Wrestler, he has been a Commentator while working an injury but when Punk decides to take a break from wrestling which won't be for a while, he should become the General Manager. I think he would be a good GM.

[B]United States Champion[/B]
Could it happen? Could CM Punk go down in the rankings back to mid-card status? A status that he was not competing in for very long before moving up to Main Event Status? If so, then no doubt, he might have a shot at the United States Championship. Miz was champion for 5-6 months before losing it and then going back to competing for the U.S. Title. So why not Punk? Batista is also another example. He was a former three time World Heavyweight Champion and then sparked a feud with U.S. Champion, M.V.P. Batista challenged him twice and lost twice, due to interference from Umaga. It would be good to see CM Punk as U.S. Champion at least once but I cannot see it happening. I think he is too far up in the rankings to just suddenly drop down.

[B]WWE Tag Team Champion[/B]
He has won the World Tag Team Championship...but Punk and Kofi Kingston were not really a tag team. They were more like a short lived alliance, similar to John Cena and Shawn Michaels in 2007 or Rikishi and Rico Constantino in 2002. I think it would be good if Punk formed a tag team with someone. If he did, my pick for a tag partner for Punk would be either The Miz or Antonio Cesaro. I think it would be good for Punk to compete in the tag team division longer than two months this time.

And finally...

[B]REGAIN THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP[/B]

No doubt, sometime after WrestleMania 29, Punk will be in the WWE Championship picture again. My money is for either him to win the WWE Championship. If Cena beats Rock for the title, my money is on Punk to be the guy to defeat Cena for the strap but if Rock retains, most likely he will vacate the title and a tournament will be set up which my money is on Punk for that as well. It would be good to see Punk with the gold again but not so soon after losing it. Maybe sometime around July or August until another reign. But this time, I don't think WWE should have him hold it for another year. Maybe two to four months.

[B]THATS IT FOR NOW. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND ALSO LEAVE ANY IDEAS OF YOUR OWN THAT YOU FEEL THAT I MISSED ON WHAT THERE IS LEFT FOR PUNK TO ACHIEVE. PLEASE....[U]NO[/U] HATE![/B]

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk, What's left for him?" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk, What's left for him?" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk, What's left for him?" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - CM Punk, What's left for him?" to Google

Updated 01-30-2013 at 11:47 AM by Frank

Tags: cm punk
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i do have one question, how can cm punk claim to be a straight edge? He does know caffiene and sugar are both classified as drugs, "john, my diet coke". you can not pick and chose what drugs are ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by silos521
    i do have one question, how can cm punk claim to be a straight edge? He does know caffiene and sugar are both classified as drugs, "john, my diet coke". you can not pick and chose what drugs are ok.
    Caffeine and sugar are drugs but Straight Edge means he does not DO drugs such as Marijuana, Cocaine and does not smoke or drink alcohol.
    I like your thoughts here. As unhappy as I am to see Punk's title reign end, I would love to see him add to his legacy - and I agree that the U.S. Championship would be a nice feather in his cap. I'd also like to see more of him in a heel role as leader of another group - I've always enjoyed seeing him in that role, even in the SES.
    You forgot one of the most important things goals any wrestler should have: MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    You forgot one of the most important things goals any wrestler should have: MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA!!
    You obviously did not watch WrestleMania 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfan
    You obviously did not watch WrestleMania 28.
    Err... I think he did watch it, yes Punk was in one of the top tier matches at Mania but he wasn't THE main event, that was Rock/Cena.
    I think a better subject if you're asking what someone has left to accomplish in WWE is John Cena, multiple WWE champ, former US and tag champ, 2 time rumble winner, what else has he got to do which he WOULD do well, not much I think.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.