View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Royal Rumble Thoughts and Quick Results

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.
Hey guys. I am here to share with you my thoughts on what transpired at Royal Rumble and part of its aftermath. I hope you all enjoy.

[B]QUICK RESULTS[/B]
- The Rock def. CM Punk to become the NEW WWE Champion
- John Cena won the 30 Man Royal Rumble match
- Alberto Del Rio def. Big Show in a Last Man Standing match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship
- Team Hell NO def. Team Rhodes Scholars to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship
- Antonio Cesaro def. The Miz to retain the United States Championship

[B]THOUGHTS

[/B]I thought the World Heavyweight Title match could have gone for a bit longer with Del Rio doing a little more damage to Big Show. That Choke Toss off the beam through the table was great. I actually thought Big Show was gonna win it there and then. For Del Rio to get up then, I thought the rest of the match was going to be great...but for the finish where Ricardo Rodriguez duct taped Big Show's ankles around the bottom rope is just stupid. Its been and done after John Cena did that to Batista. As Batista said, that's something everyone would expect Hornswoggle to do. It ruined the match in my opinion.
RATING: 2.5/5 stars

As for Rock vs. Punk, I thought there could have been some improvements. I thought Punk could have hit the GTS at least once with Rock kicking out. The announcer table botch actually improved the match in a way. Both superstars went through and then Rock hit the Rock Bottom on the outside. That was good. The finish itself though was excellent. We all knew The Shield would play a role in the match some way. When the lights went out and then came back on and Rock was laying motionless on the remains of the announcer table, I didn't know what to think. As Punk threw him back in the ring and covered him, I thought Rock would kick out but when the referee made the three count, I was in shock. I didn't expect Punk to retain the title...at least not that way. When Mr. McMahon came out to strip the title off Punk, I knew that the match was going to restart. When it did, I knew Rock had it won. I am glad he did because I was getting tired of seeing Punk as champion.
RATING: 4/5 stars

I thought the Royal Rumble match was the better than the Main Event for the WWE Title. It really was unpredictable especially with Chris Jericho's return. I was not expecting it one bit. The Godfather, however, was a waste of an entry spot in my opinion. I thought it could have gone to a much more deserving talent, who would have lasted longer. The fact that it was confirmed Shelton Benjamin and Carlito were going to be competing in that match got me excited. The fact that it didn't happen really pissed me off. I loved the finish between Cena, Ryback, Sheamus, Orton, Jericho and Ziggler. I loved the bit where Ryback countered the Brogue Kick and tossed Sheamus over the top rope. At first, I thought Ryback was going to win the match. I thought Cena was going to make a mistake and get eliminated, although that was not the case. When Cena countered the Powerslam and shoved Ryback over the top, I thought Ryback was going to hold on. I was a little surprised when Ryback fell to the floor. I am somewhat glad that Cena won because it might build up to Rock vs. Cena II which I would love to see but I can't help but wonder what would have happened if WWE had decided to have Ryback win.
RATING: 5/5 stars

[B]I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THAT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR OWN THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS BUT PLEASE, [B][U]NO[/U] HATE[/B]![/B]

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Royal Rumble Thoughts and Quick Results" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Royal Rumble Thoughts and Quick Results" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Royal Rumble Thoughts and Quick Results" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Royal Rumble Thoughts and Quick Results" to Google

Comments

I pretty much agree with your point. The ending of the Last Man Standing Match sucked. The Rumble was very good. I actually felt bad for Sheamus and was rooting for him to win. Not that i'm the biggest Sheamus fan, but I really don't like Ryback and was hoping for something other than a Cena win. And the WWE Title match went as I pretty much thought it would. I don't know why everyone is crying over Rock's win. I thought that was pretty much the expectation. I never, for a second, thought Punk would win.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.