View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Coffee Talk: Let's Talk About This Royal Rumble, Shall We?

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Hey wrestling fans. Savior here bringing everyone another edition of Coffee Talk. As the title suggests, what I want to do tonight is talk about the Royal Rumble. I'll start by saying i patronized WWE today by renting the PPV. I usually only do Wrestlemania but The Rock back and getting a title shot, I just had to do it. So, grab a cup of joe, an espresso, a latte, whatever your poison is, and let's enjoy some Coffee Talk.

I don't know about everyone else but the World Title Last Man Standing match got ruined at the end. Those two put on a very good match, showing a lot of resiliency, and they end it with Ricardo duct taping Big Show's legs to the ropes? I thought that was weak and terrible and did a very good match a huge injustice. In my opinion, if they wanted to make Alberto Del Rio look weak as a champion, they succeeded tonight. I get that ultimately, it's not going to have too much of a negative effect on his current face turn and push, but as a viewer and a fan, I felt cheated on that one. Would it have killed them to have Del Rio win in a clean way like he did on Smackdown? I saw that as a weak attempt to go the Lie, Cheat, & Steal road that was paved by the late Eddie Guerrero. I, personally, wasn't too happy about that ending.

The Tag Title Match was decent. It pretty much went how I expected though. To me, it didn't seem too dramatic, but had decent action. Team Hell No will probably be tag champs for a while.

Basically, that's all we got...but despite the previous disappointments, the Rumble Match came. My jaw dropped when Jericho came out at number 2. But even more impressive than that, was the fact that he lasted like 47 or 48 minutes. (yes, I know Dolph lasted longer). I gotta give it to WWE. Jericho was obviously planned to be back for a while if he was going to last that long, and I didn't hear any rumblings about it leading up. I don't read the reports that might spoil surprises so I might not be as up to date on this as you guys, but I didn't expect it. Most of what I was hearing was Brock Lesnar, or Undertaker among a few others. But kudos to both Ziggler and Jericho for awesome showings in the rumble match.

I also thought it was cool to see Goldust. He got a nice pop and he and Cody went to war in that match. Cody drew a lot of heat for his elimination of Goldust. I wonder if this will go anywhere.

I was also impressed with Bo Dallas. He had a nice showing and I felt kinda bad for him that after eliminating Wade Barrett, Wade came back and pulled him out. But, that happens at least once a rumble so I shouldn't be too shocked.

How about that ending? I don't know about everyone else but I oddly found myself firmly behind both Orton and Sheamus. Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Ryback. I don't think he's really anything special. Just a powerhouse destroyer with no real diversity. So I was like, "Noooo" when Orton went for the RKO and ended up getting eliminated. And I really screamed "NOOOOO" when he blocked Sheamus' Brogue and tossed him over. But naturally, Super Cena prevailed, which basically predicted the result of our main event.

So what did you guys think of the main event? I would have preferred the actual Rumble be the main event myself but be that as it may. Rock and Punk did pretty good. It's a shame the table spot botched but it's okay. They did a hell of a lot better than Rock and Cena did at Wrestlemania. But then...they attacked. It was all dark, but McMahon didn't care. I'm happy there was no stripping of the title, as the Rock demanded the match be restarted.

Now I know everyone probably hates that Punk lost the title. But honestly, this was to be expected. Wrestlemania is going to be Rock vs Cena for the title. As much as we might not like it or agree with logic from a fan's perspective, WWE is ultimately a business and Cena vs Rock will draw the most. We're still going to watch Wrestlemania and enjoy the shows that they put on.

I'll close things out with this question. One of the biggest problems most people have is Rock is champ and won't be around. The question I have is, How do we really know he won't be around? The report a few weeks ago said that Rock was confirmed for most shows leading up to and including the night after Royal Rumble. But nothing was ever said about what would happen following that. I'm not sure if any of us have too much intimate knowledge as to what the Rock's schedule is supposed to be but logic would suggest, they wouldn't have put the title on him without a plan in place. I think we'll be seeing more of The Rock than we originally anticipated. Of course, they could always go the Paul Heyman pulling some legality route tomorrow night on Raw. We'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Well, that pretty much wraps up this week's edition of Coffee Talk. I liked the Royal Rumble for the most part. It was a bit predictable but still entertaining. Ziggler and Jericho were my standouts for obvious reasons. And for the record, yes, I still hate Ziggles. But credit must be given where it's due.

Thanks for reading everyone. I hope you enjoyed this edition. I hope you all enjoyed the Royal Rumble and are geared up for the Road To Wrestlemania. So, until next time.

Be Safe Everyone!

Submit "Coffee Talk: Let's Talk About This Royal Rumble, Shall We?" to Digg Submit "Coffee Talk: Let's Talk About This Royal Rumble, Shall We?" to del.icio.us Submit "Coffee Talk: Let's Talk About This Royal Rumble, Shall We?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Coffee Talk: Let's Talk About This Royal Rumble, Shall We?" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RR should of been the main event. Because when everyone saw Cena won, EVERYONE know Rock was going to win.
    What about the Rock promo? I noticed that Dusty Rhodes copied his promo last night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxC3oAD1iUg
    I was glad to see that the WWE did not throw in any irrelevant, unannounced matches last night. Instead, they stuck with their 4 match card. Each match told a story and I was happy to see lengthy matches opposed to the typical 3 to 7 minute match the WWE typically gives us.
    Exquisite blog. And I agree with alot of that information up there. After Dolph's promo, it seemed as if someone with a monster gimmick was going to come out like Mark Henry, but it was Jericho and I marked out. And I did nearly the exact same thing as you with Sheamus and Orton hoping WWE was going to stick with one of them winning. Strangely, I feel as if the WHC match was the best of the night. Good read.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.