View RSS Feed

The Enlightened One

Rumble...What should happen but won't

Rate this Entry
I have been reading about this Rumble and many predictions and so forth and I like this site as they are pretty reliable for their news and for the most part, the blogs are decent, remember for the most part. I am not here for everyone to agree with what I say as in today's world, everyone blogs and comments whether they should or not is a different issue.

First off, let me reveal that I am going to be partial to certain wrestlers and also to what makes common sense in wrestling, even though we all know outcomes are pre-determined and politics determine stars.

Rock-Punk, I have read so much about this match and some of it is ridiculous. Rock should not win the title, period! This is not about part timer although if that is the reason then you should have sided with Cena last year, his comments on the Rock being a part timer. I know the Rock is good for business but his promos are now stale, it is the same thing over and over and gets boring, sure he still entertains most people but those are the ones who love the Rock and will never accept that his gimmic is old. He can do his schtick but it does not change the fact that you heard it last year vs Cena, 5 yrs ago, 10 yrs ago. The fact that Punk is the best on the mic right now and shows his versatility by getting over or drawing heat while not saying the same thing besides his catch phrase which everyone needs. I have heard that Rock winning makes it more legit because Punk drops the title to a legend and not someone currently on the roster. I think that is preposterous! Punk should hold on to the title and continue to be the face of the company as he has done what no one has in a long time, make the WWE title relevant and not become completely stale. Punk should hold onto the title until WM. Punk should win clean tonight, nobody would see that coming to further legitmize the title and his reign while Rock doing what he should putting over the guy who has been the man for over a year. Rock does not need the title, he is bigger than the title now and for his Cena Rock II rematch, it is WM, every match will draw. Money will be made and Vince is all about money which makes sense as he has revolutionized this company but becomes preoccupied with former stars than new ones. They don't need the title. Plus, if Cena Rock II is the main event for WM, then WWE has totally done a 180 on making the title prestigous again. Cena winning makes no sense as the torch was passed long ago to him, he became the face when Rock, Stone Cold left and while I hate his gimmic I do respect what he has done with his work outside of the ring.

A reaslistic booking for Punk and Rock is Punk wins tonight setting up the Elimination chamber with the Shield, Ryback, Punk, Cena, Rock for the title. It comes down to Cena, Rock and Punk, where either Rock costs Cena or vice versa. That sets up your grudge match for WM, no title needed.

Punk goes onto to WM and face the Undertaker where it is streak versus streak, cause this the only time you would ever be able to have that type of match where there is real interest in which streak is going to end. Is Punk going over or does Undertaker rule. If Taker wins, which makes the title reign even better because a) Punk loses to the only guy who for whatever reason at WM finds a way to win and WWE can also give this as a sendoff to Taker who will not be having too many more WM matches and b) Taker can relinquish the title as he won't be able to compete a regular schedule tournament whereby the WWE can now make some new stars which it has trouble doing. Plus, they can get rid of that stupid title and create a better title. I would like to see either Bryan or Ziggler win as both are under appreciated and would make entertaining matches.

Now for the Rumble- odds on favourite the man whose promo on Raw was pathetic and rubbish, John Cena. His 2012 year was brutal in terms of him winning and yet gets Superstar of the Year, bleeping joke. He wins the Rumble to set up Rock Cena II, you have my take up above. Not only should not win, but also makes no sense in the fact that you are having the other true top star (Punk the other) win when he does not need to in order to set up his rematch. I know he is the face of the company but his years are winding down and everyone hates how Cena always wins which is why 2012 people enjoyed his slump. He will win again, just not the Rumble.

Ziggler, the guy being compared to HBK, and for good reason. Granted his mic work is a work in progress, no pun intended, but he does steal the show and puts his opponent over. He does not need anyone so good bye AJ and Big E, Ziggler can shine on his own. He should have been champ awhile ago and he should go on and cash in his MITB and win the WH title. He should be one of the remaining guys left for the final.

Ryback, don't get me started on this guy, he is a combo of Stone Cold and Goldberg but not even in the same league as Stone Cold. He gets over by beating jobbers and mid talent guys who for whatever weren't getting pushed aka Miz, Rhodes, Sandow. His mic work is brutal and sure he has a catch phrase but so does Zac Ryder. His gimmic will get stale as he won't be unstoppable versus established stars like Orton, Cena, and case in point Punk. His matches are predictable and boring too. Sure he win championships but his career will be similar to Goldberg. He will have his WM moment with the Big Show and granted impressive to lift the Show still not going to be the new face of the company.

Daniel Bryan, this guy should win the title. If anyone needs a WM moment, it is him after having to drop the title in 18 seconds, what a joke that was. He got himself over and then had to change as everyone was doing YES YES YES! and he is still over now. Plus, him winning the title would set up a match with Ziggler, that would be a WM moment. The crowd would be on fire for this match as they would be on the edge of their seats. These two guys would tear the house down and pull off a match of year or the potential for greatest match of all time. Plus, he gets his WM moment by winning the title from Ziggler and they can go feuding for awhile further cementing themselves as established stars.

The rest of the card is what it is, hopefully Rhoode Scholars wins as they are legit tag team and can carry what Kane and Bryan have done for that Tag division before setting off on solid single careers. WH title could be both of theirs later this year.

Again, I know none of this will happen but it should, it just makes sense. You may not agree, which is fine, but I am just trying to enlighten. You're Welcome!

Submit "Rumble...What should happen but won't" to Digg Submit "Rumble...What should happen but won't" to del.icio.us Submit "Rumble...What should happen but won't" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rumble...What should happen but won't" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Please erase this duplicate
    Updated 01-27-2013 at 08:50 PM by Holographic_Universe
    You sound like me in terms of prose.... I am unsure if that is intentional or not considering you refuted points I have made in my blog (thats even you even read it)

It's like this

Rock doesn't NEED the title but it is an incentive for his return and match at mania, he puts cena over (I know) and CM punk loses to someone worthy. Cm punk held the title this long to drop it to rock, he is one of the lowest drawing champions in history. In addition he is not the best on the mic (Damien sandow is the best mic worker currently)
    Rock doesn't work shoot whereas cm punk does... Just as easily anyone can break kayfabe (cena did it last year and was revered)

I didnt read the rest, your opinion seems too naive and biased to acknowledge. I can't take a man seriously who only displays intelligence.because he is impersonating a wrestler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holographic_Universe
    You sound like me in terms of prose.... I am unsure if that is intentional or not considering you refuted points I have made in my blog (thats even you even read it)

It's like this

Rock doesn't NEED the title but it is an incentive for his return and match at mania, he puts cena over (I know) and CM punk loses to someone worthy. Cm punk held the title this long to drop it to rock, he is one of the lowest drawing champions in history. In addition he is not the best on the mic (Damien sandow is the best mic worker currently)
    Rock doesn't work shoot whereas cm punk does... Just as easily anyone can break kayfabe (cena did it last year and was revered)

I didnt read the rest, your opinion seems too naive and biased to acknowledge. I can't take a man seriously who only displays intelligence.because he is impersonating a wrestler.
    That is called irony for one about the intelligence comment. Second, lowest drawing, tough to draw when you get Cena every other month, easier to draw when you have HHH, SM, SC, Taker, Kurt Angle, CB, EG, Mic Foley nuff said.

Why give title to someone who does not need it, like giving a kid a shower after he/she had a bath.

But go on with your perceived astute wrestling knowledge.
    Harder to draw with cena every month

What youve done in that comment was indicate the lack of talen on the roster (which I agree with) when you have only 2 or 3 draws compared to virtually every worker being a star, it's harder to draw as champion

That being said who did you expect to end his title and when would that have been? Would you have his reign end to one of these low drawing workers or a top draw? Who is the top draw? Cena . Either he would have lost it to cena or lost it to someone far more prestigious (the rock) The rock is dropping it to cena
    Sure they could have had him drop it to someone else but noone is a proven draw (except ryback who gaining traction despite being generic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holographic_Universe
    Harder to draw with cena every month

What youve done in that comment was indicate the lack of talen on the roster (which I agree with) when you have only 2 or 3 draws compared to virtually every worker being a star, it's harder to draw as champion

That being said who did you expect to end his title and when would that have been? Would you have his reign end to one of these low drawing workers or a top draw? Who is the top draw? Cena . Either he would have lost it to cena or lost it to someone far more prestigious (the rock) The rock is dropping it to cena
    Sure they could have had him drop it to someone else but noone is a proven draw (except ryback who gaining traction despite being generic)
    I think that Punk is now the top draw as he has been carrying the WWE for over a year now and really run with the ball about being the top guy. Cena, to me, is their number 2 now. He time has come to move over. To answer your question who Punk should have dropped the strap too is a good one. Right now, I would have had Punk hold the title until someone is able to run with it. I would have built up Ziggler or Bryan or Rhoodes as I believe that they can carry on with what Punk had started. Once one of these stars were ready, Punk puts over them. I mean Bryan and Punk had some unreal matches early 2012 and I know Punk Ziggler would be awesome too. Ryback is too one dimensional and should not be champ for awhile as his run will be lame. Rock dropping to Cena is boring and trivial. Feel free to tell me who you would have Punk drop the title too.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.