View RSS Feed

Sizzilla

Sizzilla's 5 Breakout WWE Stars in 2013

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Whats going on guys? 2nd blog incoming.
In this I'll be discussing who I think will breakout this year in the WWE, not just who will capture a major title, but break away from the rest of the mid-card guys.

I'll start with..!

5. Wade Barrett
Current IC champion. This guy is a stud, he has a very impressive look (everyone knows the WWE loves that) he's got the great brawler type style that most wrestlers from England have. I think the IC title is good on him for the time being, but come around summer time I fully expect him to have a main event push for the WHC. He was set up for a push before he got injured, so I expect he gets that push again.
I'm high on Wade, he's improved in the ring and on the mic. He's quickly turning into one of my favorites.

4. Cody Rhodes
Cody, Cody, Cody. Current #1 contender for the tag titles along with Mr. Sandow. I expect them to win this Sunday. As for his singles push, Cody has all the tools to be a big time player. He's good in ring, his mic work needs some improvement, and he has the family history. He had a good run as IC champ, and I believe he brought some prestige back to the belt. I'm sure him and Sandow will have a good run as the tag champs, but come fall I hope they split and pursue singles accomplishments.
I'm torn on Cody, one week I like him, the next week not so much. I do think he is a future world champ. I wanna see improvement on the mic, and a potential face turn. (No his mustache doesn't count as a face turn)

3. Dolph Ziggler
OMG ZIGGS IS #3?!?!?!?
Yes, he's not really a 'breakout' star anymore. The guy is a future champ. It's a given. His in ring work, outstanding. The way he sells, perfect. Mic work, improving. He's drawn the comparisons of Shawn Michaels, which is one of the biggest compliments you could get in wrestling. As for his character, he's currently a heel that is slowly starting to get over. Hes getting less and less heat every week. Much like many of you, I expect him to have a belt around his waist before Wrestlemania or perhaps at WM. The guy is ready for the WHC. Orton is turning heel supposedly soon, thats an excellent feud. There's a lot of options for him, he's a flexible performer. This will be a huge year for him, but the blog was about breaking out in general not just into the main event scene.

2. Antonio Cesaro
The US champ currently. This guy is a monster. He is freakishly strong, P4P strongest guy in the WWE. His gimmick is stale imo, but he has the tools there to be huge in 2013. He's had a nice run as the US champ, and I believe he will drop the belt this Sunday. (They didn't turn Miz face for nothing). Expect him to have a monster showing in the Royal Rumble. I don't think he will win a World Title this year, but will be very close to one by the years end. I believe he's a shoe-in for Smackdown's elimination chamber in February. If they take the US title off of him, they need to put him into an interesting feud, or put the MITB on him to keep him relevant. Too many guys have fallen off after losing either the IC/US title because there just isn't anything to keep them in the spotlight anymore.

And number one is...........

Dean Ambrose.
The standout member of the shield, he finally made his way to the big show in 2012 and with a huge impact. This guy has superstar written all over him. He looks pissed off all the time, he looks like a legitimate bad guy. He reminds me of Piper, except Dean will have plenty of World Titles before he calls it quits I'm sure. He should be the first one to break away from The Shield, he's gonna be a big player, real quick when given the chance. He is on par with Punk in terms of mic work, and in ring work. Ambrose/Punk is a wrestling fans wet dream. But what do you do with him? Potentially put the IC title on him, have him win MITB, this guy is going to be a huge star. He will be the biggest heel in the company when given the chance. Superstars like him don't come around often. I'm sure he has a world title come this time next year.

Notables;
Tyson Kidd (if it wasn't for the injury he would be on this list) Kofi Kingston, Seth Rollins, Damien Sandow.

Thanks for reading!

Submit "Sizzilla's 5 Breakout WWE Stars in 2013" to Digg Submit "Sizzilla's 5 Breakout WWE Stars in 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Sizzilla's 5 Breakout WWE Stars in 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sizzilla's 5 Breakout WWE Stars in 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I believe Wade Barrett should be above Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose. Wade should be the #1. Who can forget about the nexus deal where Wade must win the title or Cena gets fired. Yeah the aftermath was crappy as hell but I loved the story up to that match. Cody should be #2 because yeah he needs a little mic work, get rid of the 'stache, and he will be a 3-time World champ. not WWE champ, World champ. And Antonio should be #3. Dolph should not be on this list as he has an icepick and is about to take it to this earth to make an earthshattering Champion's debut. Unless his Title reign will last only ten minutes. I do know this is in your opinion, i see your reasons, and I hope you are right, not me.
    Ziggler is on the breakout stars list every year......you'd think it would stop especially since he has his MITB main evented ppvs among other things. He isn't a midcard talent. He isn't trying to breakout from the rest of midcard guys.

I think Barrett is next in line behind Ziggler and Ryback to win his first world or WWE title.

Tyson Kidd would have made the list if not for injury? I'm thinking this is just your favs in the midcard.

How Cody is above Sandow is beyond me. If it wasn't for Sandow, he would be doing nothing right now.

I like Cesaro too!

I believe Shield will last a while which is why any member being the top breakout star of 2013 is homeristic. Probably end at Summerslam possibly....
    Oh and by the way, I would stick Dean Ambrose to the Intercontinental title to not only boost the prestige of the damn thing, but to develop a great talent like in the old days. What they did to The Rock, Triple H, Shawn Michaels. Seth should stick to US Title. Roman Reigns should find a partner and capture the tag titles and one day, bring back The Shield as a dominant force in which all members hold a title. Kofi Kingston needs a World Title run. How dare the WWE taunt us with a fake push to Kofi when he feuded with Randy. And Damien Sandow should do the same thing as Cody Rhodes (Tag Titles to Intercontinental) before being a main eventer.
    The farthest I would push Tyson Kidd is a modern day Chris Jericho who never made it out of the midcards ( Tyson should be a 9x IC Champ by the end of his career)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Ziggler is on the breakout stars list every year......you'd think it would stop especially since he has his MITB main evented ppvs among other things. He isn't a midcard talent. He isn't trying to breakout from the rest of midcard guys.

I think Barrett is next in line behind Ziggler and Ryback to win his first world or WWE title.

Tyson Kidd would have made the list if not for injury? I'm thinking this is just your favs in the midcard.

How Cody is above Sandow is beyond me. If it wasn't for Sandow, he would be doing nothing right now.

I like Cesaro too!

I believe Shield will last a while which is why any member being the top breakout star of 2013 is homeristic. Probably end at Summerslam possibly....
    I personally can't stand 3/5 of this list. So I def wasn't picking favorites. But thanks!
    Kind of hardto think of Barrett as a breakout star when his first wwe fued was with Cena, but I guess he has been lost in the shuffel.

Ziggs has already broken out.

Rhodes has peeked in my opinion.

Ambrose I can see taking the next step to US/IC champion.

Antonio Cesaro by far one of the most impressive wrestlers I've seen in along time.
    When I found out Ambrose was in developmental, I said to watch out for him. They let him go all out Moxley in his character? Then we're in for one hell of a ride. The man plays crazy/angry and calculating well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.