The Splash: A Different Road to WrestleMania -The Rumble
by, 01-24-2013 at 05:47 PM (2171 Views)
Welcome back Splashers! Sorry I have been away with busy things, but I couldn’t miss the Road to WrestleMania. I’ve been reading a lot of blogs regarding The Rumble, Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania, and how it’s all going to play out. Needless to say I have to put in my 2 & ½ cents, so without any further a due let’s get to it.
In this blog my only 2 main concerns is the Rock/Punk match, and The Rumble itself, as they are the two top stories in the “Road to WrestleMania” and it is also significant for my follow-up blog “A Different Road to WrestleMania -The Chamber”.
Punk vs Rock for the WWE Title
I Think Paul Heyman said it best last week on RAW. Everybody seems to think it’s a “forgone conclusion” That The Rock will win this Sunday. If you listened closely to Vince McMahon’s botched lines on RAW he said if the Shield interferes he will Strip CM Punk of his title…well that’s what he meant to say anyway. This still left a lot of other things open for Sunday. He can get counted out, he can DQ himself…and let’s not forget Brad Maddox, who is not officially apart of The Shield. And this isn’t Paul Heyman’s first square dance either.
If you ask me I think The Rock is going to lose one way or another at the Rumble. This will lock him inside one of the chambers for the WWE Title. Whether he wins the Title there, well we will just have to wait and see.
The Royal Rumble: Top 5 picks to win
Like everybody I have my top choice guys who I think will win the Rumble, and then I have a couple of odd-ball choices who I think the WWE just might pick to win with Rumble. Why? Because I think the WWE is giving these guys a chance to reach for that “brass ring” that they are always talking about. And what better way to do that, than to win one of the biggest PPV’s of the year.
5. Wade Barrett: Barrett has been on a tear as of late. If there is one person I would like to see win the Rumble it is Barrett, however with The Rock factor looming over head, I’m not sure how well that would play out.
4. Dolph Ziggler: I know another unlikely possibility, because Dolph is MitB holder, but that really doesn’t mean anything. What if Dolph, won the Rumble, went to WrestleMania to win the WWE Title, and cashed in to win the World Title the same night? It has been awhile since we have seen one person hold both titles. It’s not likely, but it’s just a thought.
3. Sheamus: Yes I know Sheamus won Royal Rumble last year, which means the chances of him winning this year are pretty slim at best. But I’m an optimistic, the Rumble always promotes numbers. Well here is another interesting number: 3 that’s the number of times a WWE Superstar has won a Royal Rumble Back to Back. Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin all won the Royal Rumble in 2 consecutive years. Maybe Sheamus can be number 4?
2. Ryback: I don’t really know where to begin with this guy. There are so many guys in the business who bend over backwards to try to get where Ryback is, and He has gotten to main-event status in less than 6 month, with “FEED ME MORE” and a handful of 3 minute squash matches. Honestly I don’t know what I like less about the guy, His wrestling skills or his mic skills. However, it’s not my call for Ryback to be one of the top guys in the WWE.
Ryback has gotten several WWE Title shots in 2012. If the WWE wants to give him another opportunity (Instead of Elimination Chamber) then winning the Royal Rumble would be that perfect opportunity.
1. John Cena: This has been one of the lead rumors in the IWC. That Cena is going to win RR, and go on to Face The Rock at Wrestle Mania for the WWE Champion. To be honest, I’m almost sold on the idea. WrestleMania is all about these types of storylines, and if there is one thing that the WWE has been as of late, is been predictable!
Well that’s for this one Splashers! Our next stop on will be next month right before the Elimination Chamber Hope to see you all there! See you when I See You! -Rick Starr