View RSS Feed

brendymufc

Wrestlemania 29 - A List of Unlikely Possibilities

Rate this Entry
Hello all, after being a visitor to this site for a good while now, I thought it was about time I became a member and posted an article on here. Given that the Royal Rumble is only a few weeks away, and the Road to Wrestlemania quickly follows that, I thought I would write about some of the things that I would like to see happen at this year’s Wrestlemania. Now, before I start, let me warn you, these are merely just ideas, with no back ground info on how to properly build up to said matches. So, with that said…

I shall start with the most important match on the card, and the surrounds the WWE Title. I can’t see anyone other than CM Punk holding this come Wrestlemania as I don’t think the WWE will give it to The Rock given his part time schedule. To me there are only three possibilities as to who CM Punk will face by the time he reaches the MetLife Stadium on April 7th, he will either be squared off against John Cena; The Rock; or what is seeming most likely at this point, the both of them in a Triple threat. If I had the casting vote in deciding which of the 3 outcomes became reality I would go with CM Punk facing John Cena for the WWE Title. The reason I would go for this is because I think it’s the biggest rivalry within this era of WWE. It began with CM Punk delivering his most memorable pipebomb, which culminated to their match at the Money in the Bank pay per view. For me, this match needs to happen as it would vindicate the WWE; vindication with regards to showing that at the Grandest Stage of them all, they didn’t throw away one of their main attraction matches to that of a foregone conclusion, because every man and his dog knows The Rock won’t be round for more than 2 weeks after 7th April so it would be, in my opinion pretty dumb to have him fight for something we know he won't keep for too long.

Now, by reading the last line just above you could probably interpret that as if I have a problem with The Rock, which I don’t – not in the slightest. I think it’s great to see him come back again; he is without doubt the most the biggest star that the wwe has ever produced. With that said, I just don’t want to see him have a title match at Wrestlemania 29, but that’s not to say he still can’t have a marquee fight. I have thought about this one for a while, now while it would seem obvious that if The Rock wasn’t to be involved in a title match the next best thing to have him do is face Brock Lesnar, but given the way Brock has been booked on his return to the WWE I can’t see how that match could take place. So whilst Brock would be the perceived easier option, I thought I’d propose a slightly ambitious option of having The Rock go for something which many people would consider bigger that a title match… The Undertaker’s Undefeated Streak at Wrestlemania. Granted the chances of this happening are as big as Santino becoming WWE Champion, but in theory it could work very well, there is no need for a long drawn out build up; no need for either of them to be involved each week on Raw leading up to Wrestlemania 29; just have The Rock come out and say he wants to do two things he has never done before: face, and defeat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Obviously his promo would need to be beefed up a bit more than that, but I’ll leave that to the “professionals” within WWE’s Creative Department.

Now on to Brock and how I think he will be used at Wrestlemania 29, which should take all of about 1 further sentence to clear up; I can’t see any other possibility other than he and Triple H squaring off again, which is not bad thing in my books. So that would be three marquee main event matches, CM Punk – John Cena, The Rock – Undertaker and Brock – Hunter which on the face of it looks very appealing, if a tad unrealistic. So what comes before the main event I hear you say? Well let me focus on those who could, but more importantly should have a spot on the card. First and foremost, Daniel Bryan. Given that at his first Wrestlemania he was bumped down to the pre-show card, and after last year’s 18 second Title defense debacle, it is only fair that Daniel Bryan is at least given a meaningful spot on the card and I don’t mean have him and Kane defending the Tag Titles. I personally would like to see Bryan challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship, and if I had the choice of choosing his opponent for that match, it would be against The Show Off himself Dolph Ziggler. Again, this idea seems very farfetched, and there are a lot of things that need to happen for this to fall into place, but in simplistic terms: have Bryan win the Rumble; and let Dolph cash in either at the Rumble or EC. Dolph would be another person that deserves a chance to shine on the biggest stage, he has been far the most watchable person on Raw / Smackdown for a long time now (though the addition of AJ and Big E Langston seem to be detracting from him – maybe it’s just my dislike for AJ, but I’ll leave that subject for another day).

One of the main things I’d like to see happen, but in keeping with the rest of the articles, has very little chance of coming to fruition is the return of Money in the Bank. MITB has the ability to make new stars, whilst maintaining the spotlight on those who find themselves with very little to do leading up to XXIX: case in point Mike: and wwes pursuit of trying to turn him face. I have missed seeing the MITB match in previous Wrestlemania’s, and think it’s absence helped detract from those shows.

Possible entrants: (8 out of the following)
Kofi; Christian; Rey; Evan Bourne; Del Rio; The Miz; Damien Sandow; Cody Rhodes; Justin Gabriel; Randy Orton and possibly, but very, very unlikely, John Morrison

Well, those are just some of the things that I’d like to see at this year’s Wrestlemania and I’ll be very surprised if any of them actually occur, but in the land of the WWE you never actually know.

N.B. On an unrelated note, as a WWE fan based in the UK, the one wish that I do have, is the possibility of holding an annual pay per view on these shores. While I’m not asking for one of the Big 4 to be shipped across the Atlantic Ocean I think it would make good sense on the WWE’s part to bring at least on ppv over, considering that their bi-annual tours are always well received in these parts.

So, thanks for reading and feel free to leave any comments, good, bad or indifferent at the bottom. Cheerio!

Submit "Wrestlemania 29 - A List of Unlikely Possibilities" to Digg Submit "Wrestlemania 29 - A List of Unlikely Possibilities" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestlemania 29 - A List of Unlikely Possibilities" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestlemania 29 - A List of Unlikely Possibilities" to Google

Updated 01-07-2013 at 04:13 PM by brendymufc

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

WWE Title
    Punk vs Taker

Rock vs Cena II

HHH vs Lesnar

Would love MITB but doubt it. Im also from the UK and if think we should have a PPV. You always get a hot crowd here so it would be nice to get more than 2 Raw and 2 Smackdown TV tapings a year. It would be awesome to have Summerslam in Wembley stadium again but i would definitely settle for a PPV like Rebellion or Insurrection again.
    WWE Title
    Rock vs Cena II

Punk vs Taker

Triple H vs Lesnar

Big Show vs Ryback

Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger

WHC
    Sheamus vs Randy Orton
    I too miss MITB at Wrestlemania. It gave guys who get lost in the mix in the run to 'Mania something meaningful to do, with the qualification matches and eventual tag team matches between the entrants it made for some enjoyable TV (I fondly remember a MITB qualifier between RVD & Edge in 2007). Plus the matches were usually spectacular and were better than matches with Snooki and tag bouts for control of RAW/SD that replaced it
    Although I also miss Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania I have to say I'm on-board with the idea of it being it's own PPV, especially this year since it's in my backyard... As for Punk holding onto the title till Mania there isn't a chance in hell. Vince does like to mess with the IWC, and keep people on their toes but the bottom line is the bottom line, Rock as champ going into Mania against Cena is the $$$ so that's what will happen. Cena jobbed all of 2012 so starting off the year winning the rumble and then taking the title at Mania is the logical step for the face of the franchise. Let's just sit back and enjoy the most electrifying man in all of entertainment as long as we can shall we?
    it will be orton vs Ziggler fr WHC at WM......
    Rock vs Cena.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.