View RSS Feed

Jaydash

Jason's Thoughts: Impact 1-3-12

Rate this Entry
Superstar of the year- This was a pretty decent segment, but it was so predictable and has used many times during award shows like saying its rigged, the heel thinking he would win the award only for somebody else to get it, etc. I also liked the annoucement of a triple threat.
Rating: 3/5

Storm vs Kaz/w Daniels- Good promo before the match and a very fast paced and exciting match itself, that really got me hyped. But im confused with Bad Influence and who they are feuding with. Are they feuding with AJ or James? Im sensing a tag match in the near future.
Rating: 3.5/5

Aces segment- This was a very cool segment i like the hostility, and Andersons calm, smooth and cautious attitude, these segments are really well put together, the hot woman help too hahaha.

Doc/Sting- This was very entertaining and suspensful, it made me wonder when Sting would come and Gallows--i mean Doc's acting is sure getting better. But i disliked the abrubt end as soon as they came back from commerical.
Rating: 4/5

Kid Kash vs Christian York- Amazing match, tons of high flying moves and I was really excited, it reminded me of a old x-divison mixed in with a little technical wrestling and brawling. These two veterans really did great together. But still it was a LITTLE on the short side.
Rating: 3/5 stars

Hernadez vs Matt Mor--er Joey Ryan- It had potential to be a pretty decent contest but was cut short by some brawling with Morgan literally doing EVERYTHING Joey Ryan looked insanely weak.
Rating: 2/5

Hulk/Bully/Brooke- I can describe this in one word: BOOOOORIIINNNG I really did not care for this segment at all and we all know this thing will probally lead to either Bully and Brooke showing that they can be trusted or Bully and Hogan wrestling. But still there were a few good lines and some of the drama was ok, maybe because I had such low expectations.
Rating: 2/5

OVW segment #3- It was decent but its really hard to believe wrestling school only takes like 3 weeks. But still it was good for what it was.

Kim/Tara vs Brooke Tessmacher and Mickie James- A fantastic match, tons of cool spots, it was given the proper time and had some good brawling and a few funny moments, it was a overall fun match.
Rating: 4/5

Samoa Joe/ Kurt Angle vs Devon & The Armbreaker- Great match, I loved the use of the cage, the storytelling and all of the epic moves they did. Plus we got a reveal and it was none other than..Mike Knox...Umm okay i think they can make this work. Funny thing is as soon as I saw his beard last week I instantly thought it was Mike Knox haha. This, Stings return (which wasnt as cool as I thought it would be) and Anderson just watching leaves many possibilities and things to think about.
Rating: 5/5

Overall: 8/10 this was a great way to kickoff a new year for TNA and X-Divison tourney match (York vs Kash) and the announcement of a huge world title match, aswell as some big reveals, shocking returns, awesome moments and great matches make this a overall amazing show and if your thinking of getting back into TNA or did not get to watch this episode I suggest you watch it. Happy belated new year everyone.

Submit "Jason's Thoughts: Impact 1-3-12" to Digg Submit "Jason's Thoughts: Impact 1-3-12" to del.icio.us Submit "Jason's Thoughts: Impact 1-3-12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jason's Thoughts: Impact 1-3-12" to Google

Tags: impact, tna
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good blog I just found stings return weak but everything else was good
    Too bad none of this happened, but it sounds alot like the impact of 1-3-13 though, you should check it out(; haha just messin with ya but yeah stings return didn't live up to what little hype it had
    I simply dont get TNA. I tried watching last night but the final match and the events after was down right pathetic. So a guy with a baseball bat can take out 8 men by himself? They didnt think to bum rush him? This show is officially worse than WCW Thunder.
    impact was pretty good last night. Sting return coulda been better done, but impact was a great way to start The year off nicely.
    im with 'toiletbowl' on this tna sucks like really? what gets on my nerves is that tna keeps flipping anderson heel to face, since he joined tna he has flipped from heel to face 7 times, in wwe he was heel then face zippo. tna is brutal to watch
    I thought the episode was good. But they botched the Sting return in a really bad way. If they get a decent rating this week, it won't last because that Sting return was so deflating.
    What bothered me, more than anything, was how Sting dismantled Aces & Eights on his own. If all it took was a baseball bat, then why has no one done it before? And Sting's about 54-years-old! Jesus, you try to put guys like Knox and DOC over and then have an ancient relic destroy them single-handedly.

For the record, I otherwise enjoyed the show very much.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.