View RSS Feed

K2Jelly

I Hate What I Know. **CONTAINS SS SPOILERS**

Rate this Entry
You know, after what happened at Summerslam 2013, I didn't expect for the wrestling world to be silent at all. After all, it's safe to say that this PPV ending has probably evoked the biggest reaction from both the IWC and casuals alike this year since the ending of Wrestlemania 29. But unlike the finish for WM 29, I think it's safe to say the anger, bitterness, and ire shown from the wrestling community this time around had less to do with the long term and more to do with the short term. In other words, the angry wrestling fans aren't angry with the fact that Bryan isn't the WWE Champion anymore as much as they're angry at his moment being ruined by Triple H and Randy Orton.

Now at first glance, these conclusion appear one in the same but they're actually very different. The former(Daniel Bryan not being WWE Champion anymore) has more to do with a smark reaction; being upset that Daniel Bryan didn't get a chance to "run with the ball" with his first WWE Championship title reign and hold onto the strap for four or more months. The latter(Randy Orton & Triple H raining on Bryan's parade) has more to do with being sucked into the spectacle of what transpired aka. a casual fan's reaction. This is the first time in a while where I feel that no matter what side of the spectrum you're on in the mark-o-meter scale, if you were angry with what happened at Summerslam, it was because you thought less about the long term and more about what was going on right now. You were sucked into the present instead of worrying about the future, instead of speculating when Daniel Bryan gets his chance at revenge because you thought that there was nothing else left for Bryan.

Now, for those of us who know better, it's obvious that Bryan's getting his chance at revenge but for us to have that foresight, we have to have been taken out of the moment that was the Summerslam screwjob and reassuring ourselves that everything's going to be okay. At the cost of keeping our wits about us, we've essentially deprived ourselves of feeling the full brunt of one of the most shocking moments of the year. This makes me somewhat depressed. I'll probably never get to experience something like this ever again because I'm always knowing. I'm always trying to stay one step ahead of the game. Sure, I was angry for three minutes but then....I got over it! Just like that, it meant nothing and this was after I had tried to restrain myself from not looking at any SS rumors about this match so that I could be as surprised as possible. But even at this hour, there are still fans grumpy, stomping their feet and throwing a fit. I envy those lot; the fans that can suspend disbelief enough to enjoy the coaster ride all the way through. That's why I haven't lectured them to suppress those feelings; because they're living in the moment and are anticipated about what's to come in the distant, cloudy future. Nothing's crystal clear, nothing's expected. No matter how immature they're supposedly acting for not knowing, I'd feel even worse for telling them to grow up and stop being selfish and short-sighted.

So for those of us who know better, I implore you to please keep your foresight to yourself. This is not a demand but rather a suggestion. I know that for some, the impulse to lecture the fans who're upset is strong but I believe that you're only depriving them. Of course, that's only my opinion. I want to hear where some of you stand on this issue. Are you upset that you're "in the know"? Are you okay with realizing the possible consequences of what is to come with your decisions? Do you feel guilty about ruining the thrill ride for the upset fans that don't know any better and let their emotions get the best of them?

Submit "I Hate What I Know. **CONTAINS SS SPOILERS**" to Digg Submit "I Hate What I Know. **CONTAINS SS SPOILERS**" to del.icio.us Submit "I Hate What I Know. **CONTAINS SS SPOILERS**" to StumbleUpon Submit "I Hate What I Know. **CONTAINS SS SPOILERS**" to Google

Updated 08-19-2013 at 07:34 PM by K2Jelly

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What the hell are you talking about!?

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.