View RSS Feed

Poot-Hair

Was That A Poot 10; Grabbin' 'em By The Booboos

Rate this Entry
Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to another sphincter tightening adventure on your computer from me the breezey butting, Ric Flair strutting (sagging tits and old goat balls included), child scaring, mullet wearing Poot-Hair. Yessss that's right, my blogs are more entertaining than a whore in church; errr no that's how sweaty I am. My blogs are more entertaining than seeing Mae Young naked; errr no that's how scarey I am. My blogs are more entertaining than a pedophile watching kiddies play in a Mcdonald's playpen; err no wait that's how creepy they are. Damnit, my blogs are more entertaining than watching Eugene whack off in Daniel Bryan's wrestling trunks before he puts them on. Why do you think he screams YESSS!! YESSS!! YESSSS!!!?

Okay now that the grand introductions are out of the way, it's time for the golden doodoo nugget of goodness that is this blog's subject matter is to get under way; which is grabbin' 'em by the booboos. What is grabbin' 'em by the booboo's you ask? It's a redneckanese way of saying "making wrestling entertaining again". Let me preach on it.

We here in the IWC have been witnessing something we hoped we would never see. No no I'm not talking about another Katie Vick or Pujabi Prison Match, I'm talking about the slow decline of professional wrestling. Wrestling in general is seemingly becoming less "cool" to watch or less popular, and people have been abandoning the product in droves. We've saw wrestling programs that used to get 5's and 6's in ratings (back in the day) now barely get a 3 if they're lucky. We've saw people who used to be open and admitting wrestling fans dwindle to a select few "closet" fans who watch the show, but refuse to talk to anyone about it unless it's from the safety of their computers.

So the questions are, how do wrestling companies make people want to watch again? How do they make the product more mainstream? How do they make wrestling "cool" again? Maybe I can shine a light on this a little, and start a friendly debate and banter amongst all of you.

How do wrestling companies make people want to watch again? This question is a tough one but for starters, have a little DIVERSITY in storylines! For too long, we've saw rehash after rehash of the same old storylines and it's really starting to show with the mass "tune out" of people recently. Take for example The Shield; When they first debuted I was happy because the WWE finally did something right by having three of the best new guys debut that I've seen. I held out hope that something different was about to happen, but what have we really seen? A rehash of the NWO, Nexus, Corre, BWO, LWO, Evolution, or any other group you want to throw in there. It's all been done too many times before.

Now before you get your panties knotted up let me explain something here. I am a fan of this storyline, but not in it's current form. It's too generic; Heel group comes in, attacks faces, spews whatever b.s. they spew to get heel heat, have a match against faces and lose. CHANGE IT UP! Have The Shield start attacking heels to really prove their point that they are unbiased unit of men who are here to cleanse injustices. It could be any heel, Ziggler, Antonio Cesaro, hell even CM Punk to prove a point but it would definitely change it up things. The Shield wouldn't give up anything in terms of their standing; they could still be an all heel group and still garner heel heat but what I'm saying is just this little change in storylines could lead to an entire freshening of the current product.

How do they make the product more Mainstream? This is something that the WWE is starting to do as of late with the over-whoring of Twitter but it should be more than that. You NEED that sort of celebrity appeal that will bring back old fans as well as bring in new. How else will a company expand? No I'm not talking about a "Celebrity Guest Host" every week but how about this? How about a working partnership with the UFC? How about a working partnership with AAA, CMLL, Lucha Libre USA, RoH? This is for TNA or WWE, the more fans you have watching the better it is for everyone.

Now I understand Dana White isn't much up for working with WWE but what if he was? What if you saw Junior Dos Santos on WWE or TNA television? How many more fans would tune in just to see what happens? What if El Generico appeared for a match on TNA? How many people would tune in? What if, I don't know, Gerard Butler challenge Daniel Bryan and face him and look convincing? As I said it's something that the WWE has started to do lately but could drastically improve on. Dana White, like Vince McMahon, is all about the dollar and I'm sure that if the money was right he'd jump right in.

How can they make wrestling "cool" again? This is the hardest out of all the questions I've asked so far. The answer may be a little depressing because I honestly feel that wrestling's heyday on top is over. However, if either of the "Big Two" wrestling companies were to incorporate either of the things that I have suggested it may extend the livelihood of the business, bring in new viewers, and may prolong what may be the inevitable; which is they dying off of the product.

Am I right? Wrong? Full of PooPoo? Delicious melt in your mouth fudge brownie recipes? Pictures of you pulling a Eugene and whacking off in Daniel Bryan's wrestling gear? All comments are welcome below! Take care guys and until next time, peace!

Submit "Was That A Poot 10; Grabbin' 'em By The Booboos" to Digg Submit "Was That A Poot 10; Grabbin' 'em By The Booboos" to del.icio.us Submit "Was That A Poot 10; Grabbin' 'em By The Booboos" to StumbleUpon Submit "Was That A Poot 10; Grabbin' 'em By The Booboos" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good blog.

TNA is doing that some with King Mo attracting MMA fans, Jesse from Big Brother and Jeff Hardy appearing on Spike's Ink Master. None of these are a real big boom, but it's a start and it's up to their budget.

WWE has a few superstars who would do extremely well in outside markets. The Miz for example is one of their best tools right now because he does so well in PR events or TV guest appearances.
    A couple good ideas, but if you are going to tear down the Shield for what they are, do some research. You said they were a rehash of nWo, Nexus, etc...and that the storyline was too generic.

It's too generic; Heel group comes in, attacks faces, spews whatever b.s. they spew to get heel heat, have a match against faces and lose.

Now, maybe you saw a TLC I didn't see...but, as I recall, the Shield ran roughshod over Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Ryback. THAT'S not generic.

The nWo didn't lose too many matches against faces. Just as a referral point.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIan
    A couple good ideas, but if you are going to tear down the Shield for what they are, do some research. You said they were a rehash of nWo, Nexus, etc...and that the storyline was too generic.

It's too generic; Heel group comes in, attacks faces, spews whatever b.s. they spew to get heel heat, have a match against faces and lose.

Now, maybe you saw a TLC I didn't see...but, as I recall, the Shield ran roughshod over Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Ryback. THAT'S not generic.

The nWo didn't lose too many matches against faces. Just as a referral point.
    I understand your points and thanks for reading!!

With that said, how do you expect the Shield storyline to end? Of course they got put over in their first match for the simple fact it would have been stupid to have them get run over and would have killed any momentum they have built. The thing about wrestling is faces always prevail in the end because they're the good guys.

What is generic about the Shield is the fact they are the typical heel group, wouldn't you agree that a change up in who they attack and showing the true unbiased group they could be would be better?

The comparison to the nWo was based around the fact that they were an all heel group. The same for Nexus, Corre, Evolution, etc etc etc because it's all been done too many times before. It's time to change it up!
    "Now I understand Dana White isn't much up for working with WWE but what if he was?" "What if" is irrelevant since he's clearly not. Besides, while you may have a few UFC fans switch over, you will have more people turn away because the association with WWE would be suicide for them. I'm friends with many UFC fans who think wrestling is a complete joke and would be turned off if any of these guys wrestled a match in WWE. It's just a horrible idea. Dana White is too smart a business man to work with WWE. King Mo, who I've admittedly never seen fight, will lose credibility in MMA when he starts wrestling.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.