View RSS Feed

Callum

Who's going to win the Rumble? 2013 Edition

Rate this Entry
In this blog I'll be looking at the 2013 Royal rumble and more specifically I'll be looking at who's most likely to win it and a few possible scenarios that people have been discussing.

Firstly, I'll be looking at the top 5 contenders that I think have the most chance of winning the Rumble.

John Cena
John Cena, always a major talking point amongst the IWC and the recent winner of the superstar of the year award. In my opinion, that slammy tells us that Cena will be given a push in the new year. A Cena win could be used in two different ways. A) The Shield could attack The Rock allowing Cm Punk to retain, Cena could win the Rumble setting up a triple threat at Wrestlemania or B) Cena could go after the World Heavyweight championship and add more star power to Smackdown which would hopefully help to boost the ratings.

Will it happen?
Whilst there is a slight chance of it happening, I don't think the WWE would want to waste another rumble win on Cena when they could be building another star. The WWE are in a transitional phase at the moment and whilst I do think Cena will be back in the main event come Elimination Chamber, I don't think it'll be through a royal rumble victory.

Randy Orton

Orton has wanted to turn heel for a while now and as he's the biggest draw on Smackdown, WWE may as well utilise him. He could turn heel leading up to the Rumble and face Sheamus at Wrestlemania.

Will it happen?
Orton wants to turn heel and a heel turn might be more effective in the middle of the Rumble. IE- Kofi Kingston eliminates Orton, Orton would come back in to the ring attacking and eliminating Kingston. Also, like Cena, Orton has also recently won a royal rumble and it would lose a chance to build a new star.

Ryback

Ryback is WWE's latest star. WWE have been pushing him as of late and I expect that trend to continue through 2013. I don't think he's ready for the WWE title yet and I think Punk should continue his lengthy reign. Giving him the world heavyweight championship would be a good test to see if the crowd continue to stay behind him. Also' the Big Show is rumoured to be his Wrestlemania opponent and if that's the case then they may as well face for the title.

Will it happen?
I think there is a chance of it happening, however I think its more likely that Ryback will be involved with either Brock Lesnar (which would continue Rybacks feud with Paul Hey man. Ryback could defeat Cm Punk in a non title match and then say to Hey man, is that the best you got? Hey man would respond by bringing out Lesnar who would eventually put Ryback over) or he will continue his feud with the Shield.

The Shield
The Shield haven't really been a focal point of raw lately although I expect that to change soon bearing in mind the upcoming Cm Punk/Ryback TLC match. They need to decide on a leader and I'd go for Dean Ambrose seeing as he's the best talker. They could play mind games leading up to the royal rumble and ten 2 members of The Shield could be outside the ring aiding the the leader. They could even use it as an opportunity to let Brad Maddox join the group.

Will it happen?
I think there is a possibility but again, like Ryback I'd expect them to remain mostly on Raw and it could be seen as WWE rushing them into the title scene. They could use it to see if The Shield are going to be a success but I don't think it would work in the grand scheme of things.

The Miz

The Miz would be my choice to win the rumble. He's already a well known main eventer. He's just turned face and with Dolph Ziggler likely to be champion come Wrestlemania. A program between both of them would be great, they've already had a match recently and it was great. Even if Ziggler isn't champion, a program with The Big Show would also be great. Given their past history as a tag team, creative would be able to create a great story to go along with it.

Will it happen?
I think this one is very likely. The Miz has 2 movies coming out next year and there have been reports that the WWE want to give the Miz a push in 2013 in order to promote his movies. Its also the right time in my opinion because there are currently 2 heels in the World Heavyweight championship scene and either of them could go up against the Miz.

Now onto 4 possible scenarios: two I've heard people discussing and one I've come up with that I think could be interesting but will probably never happen and a dream one that will sadly never happen.

1. Cm Punk loses his Wwe title to The Rock but wins the rumble earning himself a rematch at Wrestlemania

Personally, I don't think this will happen, mostly because it accomplishes nothing. If The Shield interfered then The Rock would still get his rematch and exactly the same thing would be accomplished without the need to end Punks title reign.

If The Rock is to win the title then he needs to be committed to the Wwe for a period of 3 months minimum and I don't see that likely given his current schedule.

2. The Undertaker wins the rumble, challenges Cm Punk in a Streak vs Streak match.

I really can't see this happening because for starters, if the undertaker were to win he'd have to be active on Raw for a few months. Cm punk doesn't need the streak because he's already an accomplished star and if they're going to have Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania, then it needs to be an upcoming star. Neither outcome accomplishes anything and I think they'll continue down the current path off Punk feuding with Ryback, Cena and The Rock.

3. Undertaker wins the rumble, decides to not use it for a title shot but for a match of his choice. He chooses a match against John Cena. a man he has never defeated at Wrestlemania

Whilst I'd love for this scenario to happen, I know it won't. However I may as well explain why I'd like it too happen. Firstly, it would be something different and exciting. It would be unpredictable which is exactly what the Wwe need to do with the rumble because for the last 2 or 3 years at least, the winner has gone after the World heavyweight championship and I expect this year to be no different. Secondly, Cena vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania is one of the few dream matches that I can actually see happening. Given Cena's superhero status within the Wwe, the match would be unpredictable because Cena always seems to find a way to win despite the odds - take his match against Brock Lesnar for example. Take the slammy awards for example, despite Cena having an awful year generally (He was beaten up by a monster, lost his best friend, Was beaten up by Brock Lesnar, Had problems with Mr Lauranaitis, lost to Cm Punk, became the first person to fail a cash in, list to Cm Punk, lost to Dolph Ziggler) he still managed to win the slammy, according to Wwe at least.

Lastly, I'll leave you with my dream scenario. It won't happen this year but I still have hope that somehow it will happen in the future.

4. Kane wins the rumble

Have Kane enter at number #19 and break his record for the most eliminations by eliminating 13 people. Then the next raw, have Kane cut a promo saying that he doesn't want a championship match for his royal rumble win. He wants to face undertaker. He says last time they faced Undertaker was buried alive and that this time he'll be dragged down into the depths of hell. Undertaker responds by saying he's beaten Kane at Wrestlemania before and that this time Kane will truly rest in peace.

Wrestlemania 28
Undertaker vs Kane
Streak Match - 3 stages of hell

Thanks for reading and be sure to leave a comment below.

Submit "Who's going to win the Rumble? 2013 Edition" to Digg Submit "Who's going to win the Rumble? 2013 Edition" to del.icio.us Submit "Who's going to win the Rumble? 2013 Edition" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who's going to win the Rumble? 2013 Edition" to Google

Updated 12-29-2012 at 09:58 AM by Callum

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Kane winning the rumble and not wanting a tittle match , not likely.. if he was gonna call out taker he would just do it
    Sooooo many people want to see the Undertaker winning the rumble but as I have said a loooot of times....IT WON'T HAPPEN....TRY TO GET IT...Cena winning the rumble or Miz are actually good choices. Cena would work for a Cena-Rock title match and Miz -Ziggler at WM is something I would like to see to be honest. These 2 are the future of the WWE. Other scenarios like Kane's, Punk's or Ryback's just doesn't seem realistic for me.
    My pick? Dolph Ziggler! He's got so much momentum now, he needs a Rumble win more than anyone else. It can help boost his status.

- At Mania, he beats CM Punk and becomes the new WWE Champion!
    - Later that same night, he cashes in his MITB briefcase and becomes the new WHC!

The same guy winning both titles is only worthy of a WrestleMania.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloMan
    My pick? Dolph Ziggler! He's got so much momentum now, he needs a Rumble win more than anyone else. It can help boost his status.

- At Mania, he beats CM Punk and becomes the new WWE Champion!
    - Later that same night, he cashes in his MITB briefcase and becomes the new WHC!

The same guy winning both titles is only worthy of a WrestleMania.
    Since he is the MITB winner he won't be a part of the Royal Rumble, that makes no sense at all, it would be a good and unexpected move, but the WWE doesn't have the imagination to do it. Having some1 winning both titles is not impossible if they decide to do the undisputed champion thing again, it would be great to do it at WM HOWEVER, I don't think they would do it like this. You have a good idea but it doesn't make sense the way you said will happen.
    This is a pretty fantastic blog. Thank you for having Kane win the Rumble. I think he totally deserves it after everything he has done for the WWE
    Daniel Bryan should win the rumble. Cena better not win.
    Ryback is my pick.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.