View RSS Feed

Sizzilla

Sizzilla's Royal Rumble Expectations/Predictions

Rate this Entry
First blog here guys, finally stopped being a lurker and decided to join and make a blog!
Long time wrestling fan, grew up going to ECW shows, been a fan since.

I'd like to talk about the upcoming Royal Rumble PPV and give my predictions on the card
Pre-show: Triple Threat for the Diva's Championship
- Eve v Kaitlyn v Layla
I think Eve picks up the win here, the Woman's title needs to be legitimized like it was back in the day. When Trish and Lita had better matches than most of the male Superstars. Eve retains, and starts another feud going into Mania.
Match 1: WWE Tag Team Title Match
- Team Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars
I think its a no brainer that Kane/Bryan are going to split and will square off at mania. I think this is the perfect match to start that feud. Have them drop the belts, put the titles on two guys who deserve it and can carry them for awhile.

Match 2: IC Title
-Kofi Kingston vs Wade Barrett
I'm not sure what they are wanting to do with Barrett, I think he could contend for the WHC, but they have him in the feud with Kofi, and he keeps losing matches. I'm afraid they'll drop the ball on him, I personally think he could be a huge star.

Match 3: Big E Langston vs John Cena
- I think they'll have a decent 10 minute match, much like Cena had with Kane last year. It's more of a filler match, have Cena pick up the win after being beat down every week leading up to the RR.

Match 4: WHC Championship
- Big Show vs Sheamus OR Mark Henry
They need to put another guy in the title picture, they have to. It's getting stale, but with no signs of anything changing UNLESS Ziggler cashes in. It could be boring for a long time. However I think Ziggler cashes in, and wins the belt. It's overdue and they need something fresh.

Match 5: WWE Championship
- CM Punk vs The Rock
I know there's a lot of debate on which match will go last. This or the Royal Rumble. You have to go with the Rumble match as the main event. It's the second most popular event behind Wrestlemania. It always does good PPV numbers.
Now does the 'E end Punk's title reign, or do they have The Rock lose? The Rock does a low amount of events a year, I honestly don't think they put him in a title match and have him lose straight up to Punk. I think we see a Shield interference here having Punk retain the belt taking it into Mania.

Royal Rumble:
I'm not going to list off all 30 competitors, We're gonna see surprises like we always do. Expect to see Christian to return, Orton, possibly a Booker T entrance, Billy Gunn/Road Dogg.
Now, we look at the 4 potential winners.

Randy Orton - If Ziggler wins by cashing in, hands down Orton wins. They need something fresh, and this would be great. Big Show/Sheamus is getting old. Orton/Ziggs could be a breath of fresh air for the WHC.

Ziggler - Why would Ziggler win the Rumble if he has the MITB case? Simple, maybe he fails on cashing it in. Ziggler is reaching that point where hes going to break out, and he's going to capture either the WWE/WHC belt. And its going to happen in 2013

The Undertaker - Triple H said he'll be back, but when? The Rumble would be the perfect place, have him enter late (25-30). It's not a crazy idea, Streak vs Streak match with Punk is intriguing. I think they could pull it off if they do it right. I know most argue "Well he wrestles once a year, why put the belt on him?" I think he could hold it for a little while, not long term but definitely into the Summer.

Miz - He's hot right now. Got a movie coming out close to Mania, got the face turn going on. He's got a lot going for him right now, this is the wildcard pick imo.

Overall, I think Orton wins it. Setting up him and Ziggler for Mania.

Couple other things:

If they want to go with Taker/Punk without Taker winning the Rumble, simply have some sign of Taker during Punks match with Rock. The fans would go insane.

I'm sure The Shield will control a majority of the Rumble match, eliminating 8-10 overall. However Ryback/Cena will wipe them out eventually.

Thanks for reading.
First blog so go easy on me :P
Glad to finally be a member.

See ya guys!

Submit "Sizzilla's Royal Rumble Expectations/Predictions" to Digg Submit "Sizzilla's Royal Rumble Expectations/Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "Sizzilla's Royal Rumble Expectations/Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sizzilla's Royal Rumble Expectations/Predictions" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good blog. I'm hoping for an Undertaker win at the Rumble to set up a Streak vs Streak match at Wrestlemania against CM Punk. Punk retains over the Rock, but definitely not clean. Likely due to interferance by either Cena (setting up Rock vs Cena II at Wrestlemania) or the Shield, setting up a Rock-Cena-Ryback vs Shield match at Wrestlemania, the Shield's first loss. The second option here would be much better than Rock-Cena II, but you never know what bonehead moves creative will come up with. Hopefully Ziggler cashes in Money in the Bank and becomes the new WHC; it's been a long time coming, and would set up a series of matches against Orton (hopeful Ziggler opponent at Wrestlmania), Shamus, Christian, others.

I like PPV predictions like yours that are fairly realistic in nature, not what the IWC can come up with in their wildest dreams. Nice job.
    This was a great blog. Its a breath of fresh air to see a prediction that isnt some crazy,impossible card. I really hope the rumble ends the show instead of rock vs punk. The chances of Taker returning seem very likely so it definately should be ending it.
    Thanks guys. I'm going to try to be making realistic blogs every time. I know as a fan its mindblowing to see people actually think Goldberg or Stonecold, or hell even Sting would find a way into an event.

Any feedback is welcome though!
    Good read just thinking a few things i think the tag team could be team hell no vs sin cara and mysterio. Sin Cara turns on Mysterio which sets up their Wrestlemania match.
    I think the pre-show should be like a over the top battle royal or some kind of gimmick match for the last spot in the RR, with people like 3MB, JTG and other people like that try to put someone up to the next level.
    Really god blog man would have wrote my own but running out of time
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedR
    Good read just thinking a few things i think the tag team could be team hell no vs sin cara and mysterio. Sin Cara turns on Mysterio which sets up their Wrestlemania match.
    I think the pre-show should be like a over the top battle royal or some kind of gimmick match for the last spot in the RR, with people like 3MB, JTG and other people like that try to put someone up to the next level.
    Really god blog man would have wrote my own but running out of time
    I completely forgot about Cara and Rey. I think them and Rhodes Scholars would be a great feud.
    I just think the WWE may be a little bit reluctant to throw a belt on them because Rey's injuries and how Sin Cara really hasn't lived up to the hype.

Also, the pre show battle royal would be great. Forgot about that as well.
    Yeah cara is a question mark and you are right about rey but that match imo can steal the show at wrestlemania if done right, and a perfect set up at the RR for cara to turn.
    I was just thinking actually if the pre-show instead of my first idea beacuse for the RR i think the divas will get some time, have a pre-show with some top stars winner gets number 30 or and the first one tossed out is number one any opinions
    A good and pretty realistic prediction. Great first blog mate!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.