View RSS Feed

Jack Newport

Raw 1000 - the night AJ Lee jumped the shark

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
I'm going to say this right off the bat - I've never, and I mean NEVER, been a fan of AJ Lee. I've never understood her appear. Her wrestling skills are overrated, her mic skills are terrible, her character (even before she turned into a "crazy chick") is annoying, and in terms of beauty, I find her to be one of the least attactive Divas to ever grace the WWE roster.

But oh well, apparently I'm in the minority. Fact is, alot of WWE fans do like AJ...or at least they did.

In terms of Divas, 2012 definately was the year of AJ, and she rightfully deserved to win the Slammy for Diva of the Year. But how people viewed AJ at the beginning of the 2012 is not how people are viewing her as we head into 2013. When she was paired with Daniel Bryan, people viewed her as a breakout star that may be the next face of the Divas division. She appealed to young fans, especially girls, and had the popularity been put into competition with Eve or Beth Phoenix, she could've revived the Divas division to pre-2008 standards. Literally, she could've been this generation's Trish Stratus or Lita.

The entire storyline with Daniel Bryan was like an unintentional GOLDMINE. The fans were eating it up, and when CM Punk and Kane got involved in it, AJ's popularity hit it's peak. People bought into the whole "emotionally abused" schtick that left a timid and innocent Diva now mentally unstable. I think in the eyes of many, it was only a matter of time before she got stopped playing mind-games with the men and became a competitor. Momentum was at an all time high, and the cheers and chants were never louder...

And then Raw 1000 happened.

The moment Vince made AJ the General Manager of Raw is the moment the hype started to die down and the momentum began to fade. AJ's reason for being crazy no longer had a point to it. Now she was just crazy for the sake of being crazy. She no longer had a reason to hate Bryan, Punk, or Kane, but decided to make their lives hell anyways. The fans started to scratch their heads, and week by week, the cheers got a softer and softer, until it became apparent AJ as GM wasn't working out.

So then creative introduced the storyline that killed AJ's momentum completely - Vickie Guerrero and "The AJ Scandal". Apparently, AJ had the hots for Cena, and they may or may not have been sleeping together. Did we ever find out? No. But that didn't stop WWE from dragging it out week after week, repeat after repeat, Raw and SmackDown, for months on end. By being associated with John Cena, AJ became the female equivalent. Her positive reactions from the crowd, which had decreased when she was GM, were now mixed reactions. The young fans still cheered her because she was a "good guy", but the older fans turned on her.

And now we've reached the final nail in the coffin - AJ's heel turn. As we learned on Miz TV last night, AJ never deserved our sympathy in the first place, and she isn't crazy. Ziggler says she's passionate, but to translate Miz's PG jokes - she's just an attention seeking slut who will try to sleep with any guy that gives her the time of day. A hoeski who gets nothing but heat.

In the span of a year, WWE destroyed the most popular Diva they've had since the Ruthless Aggression Era. It took six months to build her up, and six months to bring her down. Well done, creative. Pat yourselves on the back. I guess we'd better start looking to Paige or a SDR-trained Diva to revive the Divas division, because it certainly isn't going to be AJ that will do it. The woman has been typecast for the rest of her career as a slutty lunatic, and if she does win the Divas title, it won't be as it's top star.

Submit "Raw 1000 - the night AJ Lee jumped the shark" to Digg Submit "Raw 1000 - the night AJ Lee jumped the shark" to del.icio.us Submit "Raw 1000 - the night AJ Lee jumped the shark" to StumbleUpon Submit "Raw 1000 - the night AJ Lee jumped the shark" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guys, it's about money. Pimp out the next guy/gal for a few months, maximize the earning potential off of them while you can, move on to the next one. Ryback will be no different. In today's wrestling world, and in today's world in general where folks want instant gratification, and the next new shiney toy, the sad fact is that you are going to have guys that get pushed and fade quickly. WWE operate under the thought that there's no longer the ability to allow a wrestler to develope his charachter over the course of a year or two. They have an opportunity to do something special with Ziggler now that they were un able to do during Linda's public office bid. He's been the same guy the last few years and now they have an opportunity to see what he can do in one of the top spots. Just need to get him away from Cena and get him a few clean wins over guys Punk, Seamus, Orton and Big Show.

I like AJ, think the psycho stalker type role for her is good. But she's not an in-rin performer. Mixed tag matches here and there? yeah, but she's got a smokin body so her primary role in the WWE is eye-candy.
    like Bradley implied I am impressed that a stay at home mom can get paid $6083 in a few weeks on the computer. did you look at this web site www.ask22.com
    WHEN YOU ARE WORKING WITH DANIEL BRYAN THATS YOUR RISE WHEN YOU ARE NOT THATS YOUR FALL. It does not need any explanation
    Meeehhhh, I agree with you on some points and others not so much. Firstly, i think she is the hottest diva out there. I spose thats just taste though. Secondly, I like the pair of her and Ziggler and along with Langston, they have a neat little thing going. I think her and Dolph both accent eachother really well. It should keep things for Dolph interesting despite what i feel will be a few more months of straight jobbing, as i doubt hell be cashing in until after mania, or hell even at mania. And what also keeps me interested in her specifically is what they can do semi-long term, i try to not fantasy book as we all know what that can do, but just think of it, say, say they keep Team Hell no together till post mania, spring time. Then have Kane turn on Bryan, and who runs out to make a save? AJ. It would be Randy Savage-Elizabeth-esque and would be sick. I just think there are still options for her at this point.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.