View RSS Feed

Straight-Edge

Wrestle Ramble1: WrestleMania Main Event

Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
First of all, this is my first blog. I’m planning on making this a series, with at least three entries planned so far (the content of which, surprisingly, came to my as I was lying in bed last night trying to sleep and failing miserably). The name Wrestle Ramble is basically a warning, because at times I may tend to ramble a little, or wander off on tangents (as my thoughts did last night) as I write down my thought processes. I shall try to limit this however and be as concise as I can be.

Now on with the content of this blog – how I would book this years WrestleMania main event. I realise there is always a deluge of these things, all year round, but especially leading towards WrestleMania, and that most of them tend to be ridiculous and not even remotely likely. I must admit mine will fall into the latter category, as not very likely, however, I hope you will all agree that it would be a great way book the main event for the WWE title in a way that would protect all three guys involved in the match (which would be Rock, Cena and Punk).

First I will briefly comment on how I would set up this match. We all know Rock will face Punk at the Rumble for the WWE title. In that match, I would have the Shield attack Rock and thus cost him the WWE title match, revealing their ultimate goal, as what can be more of an injustice than the Rock being granted a title match without having to work for it (FYI, I am a Rock fan, but even I have to admit it’s a little unfair). Punk therefore would retain, and keep the title through the Elimination Chamber (possibly have him face Ryback and several heels in the Chamber, and have the heels gang up on Ryback to take him out of the mach early – just an idea off the top of my head). Cena meanwhile would win the Rumble (I think I just threw up a little – joke!). Cena and Rock can then face the Shield in an elimination handicap match at Elimination Chamber (I would have Cena be eliminated before having Rock pick up the win – a choice which will enforce something I have planned further down the line – that being Cena feeling inferior to Rock).

This will set up the triple threat for Mania, with Cena earning his shot at Punk in the Rumble, and Rock being granted his rematch after being screwed by the Shield. The match would go on for 30 minutes, with each guy hitting their signature moves (standard triple threat match up) and maybe having a table spot (I would have Cena being Rock Bottomed through the announce table rather early on – maybe the 20 minute mark – taking him out of the match for the next 5-10 minutes). During this time, Rock and Punk would battle. Nearing the 30 minute mark, Punk would go for the GTS, Rock would slip out, go for the Rock Bottom, Punk would counter with elbows to the head, fighting out, then Punk would go for a big roundhouse kick, which Rock would duck and then finally hit the Rock Bottom as Punk spun back around to face him. Punk would be center of the ring, in perfect position for Rock to hit the People’s Elbow. Rock would smile, take up position, but then Cena would enter the ring, finally getting back into the match.

Cena would turn Rock around and go for a punch, which Rock would block, then start hitting his combo. As he pulls back his hand to spit on his palm, classic Rock style, Cena would regain his composure, and when Rock goes to punch him he would duck under the punch. Rock would turn to continue his attack, and this is when things get interesting. Cena kicks Rock below the belt, right between the legs. Rock goes down, stunned, as are the crowd, and interestingly, so is Cena. Cena would look shocked at his own actions, raising his hands to his head in disbelief. Finally, after a few moments, Cena would realise he has the advantage, grab Rock, and hit the AA out of the ring, dispatching Rock from the match. Then he would attempt to pin the still down Punk. 1,2, Punk kicks out. Cena would then hit the AA on Punk. 1,2, and just as the ref is about to count 3, Punk kicks outs again. Cena can’t believe it. He would sell his frustration, looking at the Rock, who is stirring slightly. Then Cena would grab Punk again, take him up on his shoulders, climb up to the second rope, and hit the biggest AA he can, right from the top. Pin. 1… 2… Rock tries to pull himself into the ring… 3. Cena wins the WWE title.

Now, I will explain why I think this is a brilliant way to book the WrestleMania main event and how it protects all three guys.

1. It keeps the Rock/Cena feud going. We all know they’re going to have another match. They have to have at least one. Doing it this way also adds a new dynamic, that I think already exists, it just has yet to be expanded on, which is that Cena can’t pin the Rock. More specifically, that Cena thinks he can’t beat Rock.
  2. It makes Punk look strong, in that it took at least a Rock Bottom and 2 AA’s to beat him, one of them off the top rope. This is something I think Punk needs after how he has been booked these last few months, since his heel turn, and gives him back some of the credibility he had built up during his babyface run.
  3. It gives Cena some much needed depth and character development. I’m not saying this is a heel turn, at least not in the strictest sense. I would have Cena come out in the next night on RAW and apologise for his low blow. He would explain that it was purely an accident, and that he meant to hit Rock in the stomach or something along those lines. Doing it this way, the kids will most likely believe Cena, as he they will believe anything he says at this point. But hopefully, if done correctly, it will make the adults in the audience doubt him a little, especially if over the next few months/year Cena has more “accidents”. It would be a nice subtle way to give Cena something a little different to his usual shtick. Let’s face it - most fans feel this way about Cena already. Most kids love him. Most adults don’t. Cena has a strange dichotomy of being both a heel and a face. Doing this would just make it more concrete. I think it would be a good way to take advantage of his unusual situation. It would also give him a more human edge, which is what he needs most in my opinion. Cena as a character is stuck in a rut, limited by his nature as a goody two shoes Super face, but I’m going off on a tangent now. I will save my thoughts on how faces and heels are booked in the WWE for a later blog.

I’ll leave it at that this time, but I hope you all enjoyed my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought, if you agree, disagree, and why. Thanks for reading.

Submit "Wrestle Ramble1: WrestleMania Main Event" to Digg Submit "Wrestle Ramble1: WrestleMania Main Event" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestle Ramble1: WrestleMania Main Event" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestle Ramble1: WrestleMania Main Event" to Google

Updated 12-13-2012 at 09:45 AM by Straight-Edge

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    that how u build a real main event that make sense
    Why does everyone think this 3 way will happen just because a dirt sheet said it might?
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2
    Why does everyone think this 3 way will happen just because a dirt sheet said it might?
    I never said it would happen. In fact, if you go back and read carefully (one letter at a time might do it mate), I said I doubt it will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky7pointman
    that how u build a real main event that make sense
    Thanks. Glad you agree.
    I do like the ideas leading up to WrestleMania, but I would have CM Punk pin the Rock, even if it was a heelish fashion. The Shield vs Cena and the Rock is innovative I must say.

Now for the Triple Threat Match, I believe CM Punk should win it. Why? I dislike the thought process of him losing it due to him adding more prestige to the title after all this time. Although you do make him look strong, him winning can give him even more heat as a heel, especially if someone like John Cena won the Royal Rumble and would go on to Wrestlemania just to lose again. If anything, CM Punk should lose the title to someone who would benefit from it more down the road.

Not bad. And welcome to the ewrestlingnews community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    I do like the ideas leading up to WrestleMania, but I would have CM Punk pin the Rock, even if it was a heelish fashion. The Shield vs Cena and the Rock is innovative I must say.

Now for the Triple Threat Match, I believe CM Punk should win it. Why? I dislike the thought process of him losing it due to him adding more prestige to the title after all this time. Although you do make him look strong, him winning can give him even more heat as a heel, especially if someone like John Cena won the Royal Rumble and would go on to Wrestlemania just to lose again. If anything, CM Punk should lose the title to someone who would benefit from it more down the road.

Not bad. And welcome to the ewrestlingnews community.
    Glad you like the Mania build and the Shield vs Rock and Cena match.

Honestly, I can't say I hate your idea of Punk retaining, as I'm a huge CM Punk fan. He introduced me to the concept of being Straight Edge, something I have been all my life without even knowing about it - I guess you could say he allowed me to come to terms with myself in some way. Until then I just thought I was the weirdo who didn't see the appeal of alcohol, etc. I didn't know I wasn't the only one until I found out about CM Punk.

Anyway, you don't care about that, lol. Tagents - see, I did warn you.

The reason I had Punk lose is because it furthers the Cena "heel" turn, which I'm calling that purely for lack of a better term. Plus, Punk has had a fantastic run as champion and has more than proven himself, especially in this day and age. He will have to drop the title eventually, and I think my idea is a pretty good way for it to go down.

That being said, I do see your point. Cena doesn't really need the title, and letting an up and comer take the title from Punk would be a huge boost for them (whoever that may be).

Thanks for the comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight-Edge
    Thanks. Glad you agree.
    it make sense u put 3 big name in one match and it will draw
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.