View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

WWE, TNA, and ROH Slammy awards!!

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
I decided before WWE even announced the return of the Slammy's that I would be giving away my slammy's this year. I'm not going to give you some of the garbage categories such as #, LOL, among others. Just to the point of giving praise where it is due. This isn't just for WWE. This Slammy awards blog is giving out awards to all 3 companies: ROH, TNA, and WWE. Note: The one named 1st got the award overall. Example: Gail Kim is listed first in women's wrestler of the year. Eve is listed 2nd which means she was 2nd place along with being the best in her respective company. This is my awards and my opinion. If you'd like, you can leave your opinion/awards in the comment section below. Here is all 3 companies best....it is the Slammy awards!!

Wrestler of the year:(ROH)Kevin Steen; (WWE)CM Punk; (TNA)Bobby Roode
-All 3 held the world title the longest in their respective companies. How can I not have Punk as wrestler of the year when he never lost his belt? Punk didn't main event a lot of the ppvs while other world champions did. To add on to that, I would like to have someone different to be named wrestler of the year. Steen had that buzz Punk had after his promo this year. That is another reason I picked Steen.
Tag team of the year:(ROH)Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team(WWE)Team Hell No!; (TNA)Magnus/Joe-WGTT had the best feuds with teams this year which is why I chose them for the award over others. SCUM hasn't had the belts that long as well. Team Hell No was a close 2nd. Same reason SCUM didn't get chosen by me. I gave the award to Magnus/Joe for TNA because they actually defended the gold. Daniels/Kaz had them forever without defending the belts. Magnus/Joe were an awesome team. I hope to see big things in the future for those 2.
Women wrestler of the year:(TNA)Gail Kim; (WWE)Eve; (ROH)Maria-Does it really come as a surprise to anyone? Gail Kim obviously the best here. Held it the longest. ROH doesn't have a women's title, but they do have Maria which is why she got the award. Eve hasn't had the belt that long, but how thin the Divas division is currently....don't believe she would have had a better reign as Gail Kim anyway.
Match of the year:(WWE)Over the Limit: CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan; (TNA)Lockdown: Bobby Roode vs James Storm; (ROH)Border Wars: Kevin Steen vs Davey Richards-Undertaker WM match every year? Nah....Punk vs Bryan was the best in my eyes. Roode vs Storm at Lockdown was great also when everyone expected Storm to win. Lost the way he did made that rivalry the best in TNA this year. Most thought we would see Steen vs Davey at this years Final Battle, but they did it at Border Wars. He won the world title and drove Cornette nuts for months.
Feud of the year:(ROH)S.C.U.M. vs ROH; (TNA)Bobby Roode vs James Storm;(WWE)Rock vs Cena-I enjoyed watching the most this year S.C.U.M. vs ROH. Steen winning the world title from Davey. Cornette having to find an opponent to defeat him. Corino and the Zombie Princess win the tag titles to win the vacant tag titles was icing on the cake. Can't wait for Final Battle!! I know some will be upset over Roode vs Storm not being my pick, but it began to start becoming BS/garbage with Roode always screwing or winning the match. Use that beer bottle just about every time. Just did it again, after Storm winning the match at the ppv. Why bother having him win the match at the previous ppv if you are going to have him lose it to Roode? I think Roode would have got more heat for pinning Stylez than doing that again to Storm. WWE really didn't have a feud that stood out to me to say that was the best without question. I just went with Rock/Cena even though it lost a bit of steam after Rock not showing up on Raw for so long. Certainly couldn't pick Cena/Punk because Punk never beat him in a singles ppv match. Couldn't pick Sheamus vs Del Rio. However, I have enjoyed the feud between Big Show and Sheamus.
Most improved wrestler of the year:(WWE)Daniel Bryan; (TNA)Bully Ray;(ROH)Jay Lethal-I know most won't read this, but I'm going to type this anyway. The reason why I have Daniel Bryan here is because he broke out of that shell. That shell where he had no personality or communication with the fans. He was just there to wrestle and leave. This year, YES! and NO! chants heard around the world. Daniel Bryan is currently my favorite wrestler now. He is the guy I want to see. My bias for being my fav wrestler is the reason I gave him the award over Bully Ray. Bully Ray was the top heel in the biz most of the year of 2012. I believe he should be a world champion. I hope somehow he is in Aces and 8s winning the world title soon. Overdue most would say. I could have said Elgin or Steen, but I chose Jay Lethal. I've watched him from his early year in TNA to become a contender for a world title in ROH. I like the way he is being used right now. He is more enjoyable to watch.
Comeback of the year:(WWE)Brock Lesnar; (TNA)Samoa Joe; (ROH)Lance Storm-I gave Brock the award because it was awesome seeing him finally return after all these years. Rumors have been swirling for a Lesnar return since the Summer of 2005. Finally see him come out the night after WM and F-5 John Cena was great. Crowd was more electric for that moment than any other in years. I gave the award to Joe because he has come from the bottom to back on TV as the champion. Joe is back which is a good thing. To the tag titles w/Magnus to TV champion at TNA's ppv. No longer getting held back thank goodness. I chose Lance Storm for the award because I enjoyed his feud with the Prodigy.

I hope you enjoyed this blog. If you want as I said at the top, leave yours in the comment section. Thanks for reading!!

Submit "WWE, TNA, and ROH Slammy awards!!" to Digg Submit "WWE, TNA, and ROH Slammy awards!!" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE, TNA, and ROH Slammy awards!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE, TNA, and ROH Slammy awards!!" to Google

Comments

Sorry man, but I disagree with virtually everything on your list minus Gail Kim and MAYBE the match (only because you picked the wrong match to represent TNA, and the fact that Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus : Extreme Rules and Jericho vs. Punk : Either PPV were better examples of what each athlete could do. Bryan vs. Punk was great, but they held back a lot.)

Everything else on the list was pretty much you giving more credit to things you like than things that actually deserve a Slammy (think more of the Impact they had rather than just what you were a fan of)

Wrestler of the year - CM Punk (WWE); over Austin Aries (TNA) and Kevin Steen (ROH) <-- Punk is the longest reigning champion in the last 25 years. Aries was a better wrestler and promo guy than Roode for all of 2012. Steen had 1 solid battle with Richards and won the gold... Since then, there has been nothing because there was no credible threat to Steens belt.

Tag team of the year: Team Hell No! (WWE); over Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (ROH) and WTTCOTW (TNA) <-- Team Hell No! made tag team wrestling relevant to the youth of the wrestling world again... What impact did WGTT have on the division?

Women wrestler of the year: Gail Kim (TNA); AJ (WWE) and Tara (TNA) <--
    Pertaining to Maria, when did a manager/valet become a wrestler?

Match of the year: Wrestlemania: UT vs. HHH (WWE); (TNA)Destination X: Bobby Roode vs Austin Aries; (ROH)Border Wars: Kevin Steen vs Davey Richards <--
    Don't care what anyone says, UT/HHH was the best match we've seen all year. Don’t believe me? Go back and re-watch it.

Feud of the year: Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk (WWE); over James Storm vs. Bobby Roode (TNA) and ROH vs. S.C.U.M. (ROH) <--
    Jericho vs. Punk was a breath of fresh air in an over saturated world of pure PG

Most improved wrestler of the year: Dolph Ziggler (WWE); over Bully Ray(TNA) and Jay Lethal (ROH) <--
    D-Bry began the year as champ and has moved down the ladder, implying a regression; not improvement

Comeback of the year: Brock Lesnar (WWE); over Lance Storm (ROH) and Jesse Sorensen (TNA) <--
    Honestly, Sorensen would be higher up on the list if he had competed since the incident, but he hasn't. Joe was never injured, nor was he written off so how could he have made a comeback? You would have done better to suggest Abyss/Joseph Park than to suggest Joe.
    Updated 12-12-2012 at 05:09 PM by Darkside Ron Garvin
    Yeah, Aries and Bad Influence are a pretty big deal, but I did enjoy your point of view, ever consider writing a weekly RoH blog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin

Sorry man, but I disagree with virtually everything on your list minus Gail Kim and MAYBE the match (only because you picked the wrong match to represent TNA, and the fact that Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus : Extreme Rules and Jericho vs. Punk : Either PPV were better examples of what each athlete could do. Bryan vs. Punk was great, but they held back a lot.)

Everything else on the list was pretty much you giving more credit to things you like than things that actually deserve a Slammy (think more of the Impact they had rather than just what you were a fan of)

Wrestler of the year - CM Punk (WWE); over Austin Aries (TNA) and Kevin Steen (ROH) <-- Punk is the longest reigning champion in the last 25 years. Aries was a better wrestler and promo guy than Roode for all of 2012. Steen had 1 solid battle with Richards and won the gold... Since then, there has been nothing because there was no credible threat to Steens belt.

Tag team of the year: Team Hell No! (WWE); over Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (ROH) and WTTCOTW (TNA) <-- Team Hell No! made tag team wrestling relevant to the youth of the wrestling world again... What impact did WGTT have on the division?

Match of the year: Wrestlemania: UT vs. HHH (WWE); (TNA)Destination X: Bobby Roode vs Austin Aries; (ROH)Border Wars: Kevin Steen vs Davey Richards <--
    Don't care what anyone says, UT/HHH was the best match we've seen all year. Don’t believe me? Go back and re-watch it.

Feud of the year: Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk (WWE); over James Storm vs. Bobby Roode (TNA) and ROH vs. S.C.U.M. (ROH) <--
    Jericho vs. Punk was a breath of fresh air in an over saturated world of pure PG

Most improved wrestler of the year: Dolph Ziggler (WWE); over Bully Ray(TNA) and Jay Lethal (ROH) <--
    D-Bry began the year as champ and has moved down the ladder, implying a regression; not improvement

Comeback of the year: Brock Lesnar (WWE); over Lance Storm (ROH) and Jesse Sorensen (TNA) <--
    Honestly, Sorensen would be higher up on the list if he had competed since the incident, but he hasn't. Joe was never injured, nor was he written off so how could he have made a comeback? You would have done better to suggest Abyss/Joseph Park than to suggest Joe.
    I would have chosen Jesse had he competed in a match.
    Everyone was saying he was the best in the biz in 2011 which is why I didn't choose him.
    How many matches has AJ competed in? Did she win the Divas title? That was my basis on the deal. That is why AJ was not chosen.
    WGTT had some good feuds that is all. Team Hell No really hasn't had a good feud with another team nor did they hold the belts that long which is why I chose WGTT.
    As for Maria which I missed. I had to pick someone for each company. I wasn't doing top 3. I was doing the best of each company ranking them as so. I've honestly saw just 1 or 2 ladies wrestling matches in ROH. Maria did compete a couple times. Competed just as much as AJ.
    Updated 12-12-2012 at 10:03 PM by TheGreatOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin

yep, your list i can live with. the OP one...not so much. especially the match of the year. it puzzles me how anyone can NOT pick HHH vs UT
    I don't see ROH, so i will leave them out...but I agree with most everything the Darkside listed.

Noted differences are:
    Wrestler of the Year - Punk & Roode
    Tag Team -Rhodes Scholar & Daniels and Kaz
    Women - AJ & Tara
    Match - HHH vs Taker & Sting/Bully vs A&E (Devon revealed)
    Feud - Jericho vs Punk & Roode vs Storm (getting old though)
    Improved - Ziggler & Austin Aries
    Comeback - Wade Barrett & Jeff Hardy

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.