View RSS Feed

Callum

WM 29: An Attempt At A Realistic Booking.

Rating: 4 votes, 2.25 average.
Hi, this blog will be my booking of Wrestlemania 29; I have tried to make it as realistic as possible whilst still having good matches, hope you'll enjoy!

Pre Show - 20 Man Battle Royal for future shot at IC title.

Standard pre show match here, final 4 are The Big Show, Fandango, Titus O'Neil and a returning (face) Jack Swagger. Winner: The Big Show via WMD.

Us Championship - Damien Sandow (c) vs Cody Rhodes (Now Face) w/Dusty Rhodes

Booking: Sandow is still on the search for his apprentice and decides to see if a celebrity has what it takes. He calls Dusty Rhodes out and asks him 3 questions as per usual.

For example:
1) 3 + 4 = 7
2) Which day of the week does Smackdown air? Friday
3) What is the risk of having too much cholesterol in the blood? Cardiovascular Disease

He then starts ridiculing Dusty Rhodes for his weight and calls him an example of how not too live your life. At this point Cody Rhodes makes a surprise return and defends his dad, he says as the rhodes scholars their goal was to help everyone not make fun of them. He says he's had a lot of time to think since his injury and he's realised he's lost sight and would like to apologise. Sandow interrupts telling him to shut up and save the sob stories for X-factor. He hits Dusty with the mic and rolls out the ring leaving Cody to tend to his injured Dad.

At Elimination Chamber, He defeats Justin Gabriel to win the title. Cody attacks him the following Smackdown and challenges him to a match at Wrestlemania for the belt. Sandow refuses saying injuring Cody would be a bad example for the WWE universe. Cody would continue tormenting Sandow and costing him matches until Sandow accepts saying he cannot let Cody halt his progress any longer.

Result: Sandow wins by using a lead pipe whilst the referee is distracted.

Tag Team Championship - Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara (c) vs Christian and Antonio Cesaro

Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara are going to win the titles eventually and they should win it at he Rumble to allow Team Hell No to focus on other things (as part of the Elimination Chamber and continuing their feud against The Shield). When Christian returns, I think he should be partnered with Christian to expand his character and they could do another Un-American like tag team. These two teams could begin feuding before Elimination Chamber and slowly build up to Wrestlemania.

Result: Rey/Cara win after a 619/Moonsault Combination on Cesaro.

The feud would continue and Cesaro/Christian would win in the rematch at Extreme Rules (a Ladder Match).

IC Championship - Wade Barrett (c) vs Alberto Del Rio

Alberto Del Rio's been in the WWE for a while now and he's gone as far as he can go as a heel in my opinion. Del Rio would still be a heel going into this match but he'd be using tweener tactics in the build up and eventually he could return to using the mask. Wade Barrett is being built up at the moment and I think he'll win the overall feud vs Kofi.

Result: Barrett wins via The Souvenir (or whatever the new name is).

World Heavyweight Championship - Dolph Ziggler (c) vs The Miz

Dolph cashes in between the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber. The Big Show gets his rematch at Elimination Chamber and is eliminated by Sheamus, Ziggler wins last eliminating The Miz. On Smackdown, Ziggler makes fun of The Miz only to be interrupted by the man himself. The Miz makes a few jokes about his relationship with Vickie and challenges him to a match. Ziggler says it's ironic how a reality star isn't living in reality because there's no way The Miz would win. The Miz tells him to prove it, but Ziggler hits him with the belt and bails. The Miz defeats Sheamus and The Big Show to become No.1 contender.

Feud continues with the focus being Dolph saying he had to work for everything whereas The Miz had everything handed to him.

Result: Ziggler wins via Diving Zig Zag

Divas Championship - Kaitlyn (c) vs AJ

Kaitlyn has been on the title hunt for a while now and eventually she has to win it. It's rumoured that Eve will be taking time off shortly leaving a new diva to come into the title scene. Given AJ's recent popularity they may as well put these two in a feud and play up their previous friendship.

Result: AJ wins via Enziguri (New Champion).

Sheamus vs Brock Lesnar

Their trying to build Sheamus to be a top face still and to me this match makes perfect sense. They both have similar characters and Sheamus can carry a good match. It could start with Heyman bringing Lesnar back to protect Punk. Sheamus could get involved by assisting the other faces but then the Sheamus/Lesnar rivalry could develop to be more intense/personal.

Result: Sheamus wins via Brogue Kick

The Shield vs Kane, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston and Randy Orton

The Shield help Brad Maddox to get a contract and he is revealed as the 4th member. They'd continue their rivalry with Team Hell No and Orton and Kingston would be added into the mix after both being attacked by the shield on several occasions.

Winners: The Shield

Wwe Championship - Cm Punk (c) vs The Rock vs Ryback

At the Royal Rumble, The shield interfere allowing Punk to retain his title. At Elimination Chamber, The Shield once again interfere handing Punk a weapon which he uses to retain his title. The 3 would have the final show off at Mania in a falls count anywhere match where Cm Punk would be stripped off the title if The Shield interfered.

Result: The Rock wins. Ryback hits a shell shock on Punk but turns into a Rock bottom; he kicks out at two. Rock hits a people's elbow on Punk but he also kicks out at two. The Rock is hit with with a clothesline by Ryback who then eyes Punk; he picks him up but Punk hits a low blow. Cm Punk sets up The Rock for G.T.S but The Rock counters and Rock Bottoms him onto Ryback, he then pins Ryback for the 3 count.

The Streak - The Undertaker vs John Cena

Before The Rumble, Vickie announces that the winner of the Rumble will no longer be restricted by having to chose to have a title match.

Undertaker makes a surprise appearance at the rumble entering at no.26 and going on to win it. He announces he would like to face John Cena as he has never had the chance to face him at Wrestlemania and would like to let him rest in peace.

John Cena accepts the challenge, he says it will be the biggest challenge of his career...

Build up is around whether the Deadman has got what it takes to beat Cena and don't think any fans would be able to predict the outcome either. It could even be the right time to introduce the next Deadman-like character.

Result: Undertaker wins. John Cena has The Undertaker up on the turnbuckle ready to hit the AA but Undertaker counters and choke slams him from the top rope but only gets to two and a half. Undertaker gets up and goes for another choke slam only for Cena to counter into an AA. Another two and a half count. The Deadman sits up but John Cena immediately hits a front drop kick. Cena locks in the STF but Undertaker crawls to the rope. Cena goes for 5 knuckle shuffle but when he bends down to do the 'you can't see me taunt', Undertaker grabs him by the throat, stands up and hits another chokeslam. Cena kicks out at two. Undertaker hits a tombstone pile driver but Cena still kicks out at two and a half. Undertaker picks Cena up for the Last Ride but Cena counters and hits another AA. Undertaker has a foot on the rope and so the match resumes. Undertaker is put up on the turnbuckle ready for a suplex but punches and kicks Cena down, he gets Cena's arm and manages to hit old school which sends Cena against the ropes. Cena comes back and The Undertaker lifts him up for a final Tombstone which gets the three count.

Thanks for reading, would love to hear some feedback on whether you thought it was realistic and what not. I thought it was fairly realistic for the most part.

Thanks for reading and be sure to leave a comment below.

Submit "WM 29: An Attempt At A Realistic Booking." to Digg Submit "WM 29: An Attempt At A Realistic Booking." to del.icio.us Submit "WM 29: An Attempt At A Realistic Booking." to StumbleUpon Submit "WM 29: An Attempt At A Realistic Booking." to Google

Updated 12-10-2012 at 04:22 PM by Callum

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the booker is ok but i just dont see the rumble not being for a title shot the whole point people watch the rumble to see who will be number 1 contender and u think brock will take the L to sheamus idk think so and wwe is not going to put ryback in the ring with rock at wm wwe will put punk or cena to face the rock
    I am sorry....realistic!? Are you f-ing kidding me? How did you move Big Show from the championship to the pre show? Cody face? Lesnar vs Sheamus? Christian and Cesaro teaming up? Ryback vs Punk vs The Rock? Dude do you know what realistic means? This is the worst realistic WM card I have ever seen, and to be honest even as a dream card...sucks....these are the blogs that should not be created...do us all a favor and stick to reading and not blogging...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wwetilltheend
    I am sorry....realistic!? Are you f-ing kidding me? How did you move Big Show from the championship to the pre show? Cody face? Lesnar vs Sheamus? Christian and Cesaro teaming up? Ryback vs Punk vs The Rock? Dude do you know what realistic means? This is the worst realistic WM card I have ever seen, and to be honest even as a dream card...sucks....these are the blogs that should not be created...do us all a favor and stick to reading and not blogging...thanks.
    lol that it od mean but u r right
    That was pretty horrible, lol.
    And if you're including The Undertaker, The Rock & Brock Lesnar on the card.. Where is Triple H?
    Can't have Wrestlemania without Triple H, when you're low on stars.
    This is by far one of the worst blogs I've ever read... Realistic you say? Did you forget big show is the WHC, how does he go from high caliber match , to preshow in a span of 3 weeks ?
    Christian and cesaro for the tag team championships... I can tell u haven't been watching lately... Dude, the only beef I have with your blog is the fact that you would even joke by saying this is realistic. I got real excited because I love reading blogs specially with opinions that could turn out to be true, but as I read your matches I thought to myself "if this is how wwe is thinkin of starting 2013, I might as well stop watching now".... Sorry but wow this was so wack, I wasted a lot of time ...
    This is not realistic.How is Sandow(heel) gona get the us title off Cesaro(heel). Christian isnt going from face to heel to face to heel in less than 2 years.Mysterio and Sin Cara are probs gona face each other at mania.I agree with Del Rio turning face, i think that would be cool. But I cant find a place for him and Barrett on the card which will already be quite stacked unless they are in a multi man match.Kofi isnt going to lose the IC title to Barrett.Ziggler vs Miz isnt too bad but not sure it would draw too much, i would add Orton to make a triple threat. I like the sound of Kaitlyn vs AJ thoe would be a good story for the divas for once. Id like to see Kaitlyn turn heel and side with Vickie and AJ wins the title in her hometown against the odds.Crowd would go wild!I do like the idea of Sheamus vs Lesnar, that would be a great way to put Sheamus over.Probably a No Holds Barred or something.Prefer that to a HHH vs Lesnar rematch. I do not think HHH needs to be on this years card as we have Rock,Brock & Taker who are not full time on their.I dont think having HHH there will boost buy rates much.That 8 man tag match is horrible.Rock vs Punk vs Ryback is the most stupid idea on there.Ryback is probs gona face Big Show. Save Cena vs Taker for Takers last match at WM30
    Quote Originally Posted by Wwetilltheend

^^^^^^^^Quoted for truth. This blog, at it's very best, is moronic.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.