View RSS Feed

Sahu

It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!

Rate this Entry
Hey folks, I'm Sahu _ The Dream Merchant..I've been around for a while...this is my first blog!!! I don't know how ppl will react to it..But...,

What is this blog all about??

This blog is all about my love towards professional wrestling (WWF/WWE in particular) with The Rock as the center piece. I know it’s late n The Rocky's season is over n the current flavour is Brock. But...,

What motivated me to write this blog??

I got the idea of this blog when my boss asked me a unique question for which I had no answer except a shy smile....He asked me "Why are you using the phrase 'It doesn't matter' too much these days?" Yes!! I'm using the phrase quite often these days :d....so I want to write a blog here how and why that simple phrase and THE MOST ELECTRIFYING man who used it has influenced my entire teenage....

How my love towards WWF started??

Back in those days pro-wrestling was a taboo in India...n very few people used to watch it..and I was one among them...When I started watching WWF, people who caught my attention were Harts (owen n Bret), Mr.Perfect, British Bulldogs, etc....I loved them and esp Bret 'The Hitman" Hart...when he said he was/is/ever will be the Best, I believed in it... okay, let’s save Bret for a different day now...so, my love towards WWF started with Bret...n I became a huge fan of pro-wrestling n also started watching WCW (which used to be telecasted in late nights in India..).

The Rock

That was the time When Rocky Maivia came and initially I was not at all interested in him...but, the moment he joined NoD and started giving speeches in third person I loved it...In India the royal families used to speak in Third Person back in 60s-70s...probably that is the reason why he became more popular than any other pro-wrestler in India back then...pro-wrestling fans throughout the nation were singing tunes along with The jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising Superstar..
Whenever we cousins or friends come together, we used to write our own scripts cut our own promos imitating the pro-wrestlers and used to play WWF :d I was always The Rock!!

People’s Champion and the Ultimatum of my Madness

When he started calling himself the People’s champion, my liking towards him has increased…here I want to tell one story of my madness...one day, we all school boys gathered at my residence and started playing WWF on on our terrace...I as usual played The Rock and after a story / promos and other things...The Rock has won the match...n I imitating The Rock has climbed the terrace wall which is on the third floor (G+3) and started smelling like The Rock..

My neighbor has noticed it and he complained to my parents..My parents then gave me a beating..:d n complained about me n my gang in my school..My school principal also prevented US (The WWF boys) meeting each other even in the intervals n lunch breaks..for months I was not allowed to see WWF...:d

Losing interest in WWE and pro-wrestling

I lost interest in WWE when ppl like The Rock n SCSA left and with the deaths of Eddie and Benoit (esp Benoit) my interest has got reduced by a large amount…though I still follow wrestling, I do not have that eagerness I used to have earlier.

The Great One’s Return and the Nostalgia:

When The great One’s return was announced, I again started watching wrestling with more interest..I wanted to feel the electricity again…though The Rock was not at his best…still I thoroughly enjoyed him… I started using his catch phrases once again in my daily routine and now that The Rock is popular everyone understood it and some laughed at me
But I took this opportunity and invited all of my old friends and we had a gr8 meet throughout this week, we have brought all the DVDs of The Rock, The matches which we have recorded when they were telecasted in TVs…the matches we have downloaded and everything...we had a projector n placed it on the rver bank and watched all of those videos..We have once again played with our own stories and our own promos…and had a gr8 blast…we relived our teenage….the only difference is that the cool drinks are replaced by Vodka and Rum..:d and now we are not as athletic/agile as we used to be in our teenage..

Then, I realized why WWE has brought The Great One back!!! Hope he makes more appearances for The Rock's MILLIONS of Fans like me!!!

Thanks for Reading!!!

Submit "It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" to Digg Submit "It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "It doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" to Google

Updated 04-22-2012 at 04:50 AM by Sahu

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The dream merchant? Dude...
    lols I used to write poetry in my mother tongue and my pen name was that..n if I translate it into English it'll come as Dream Merchant..:d
    Updated 09-28-2012 at 03:11 AM by Sahu
    Growing up in bangladesh, i wouldnt go as far to say wrestling was taboo...but it was certainly frowned upon but with people like the Rock and especially Kane i watched wrestling regardless of what people thought...
    the asian countries wernt ready for this sort of entertainment, it was new abd scary for them.
    i remember watching jeff hardy with my grandma...the look on her face when he did his swanton off a ladder was priceless lol
    Great read bro, it's always interesting to see how people started watching WWE/WWF. Especially if it wasn't a well liked thing to many people you knew, but it was still enjoyable for us Wrestling fans.

I hope you continue making more blogs bro!
    Akbar bhai...it was not taboo in cities like Hyderabad and Mumbai...but surely in smaller towns...I'm from a small town..so it's surely a taboo..and u are talking abt your granma..but, I had such experiences with my sister who's just 4yrs elder than me....esp when E&C does the two men con chair to...she always used to make my day..:d

deadly56: thanx bro!!! yeah it was a tough task for us to see pro-wrestling esp back then, internet was not popular and was very expensive n always treated as a luxury...I used to fight with my sister who used to see music channels, my mother who used to see soaps and my pa...wanted to see news...lols....that was all fun..:d
    So its a blog from an Indian bro & a bangladeshi bro has commented,me being from Pakistan must add that Yes,THE ROCK was the reason 1000's got interested in wrestling in PK & this interest spread country wide in not time & Till this day i dont think any other superstar is liked as much as THE ROCK & a very close 2nd SCSA.I remember not only children or teenagers but also grown up men wearing those ROCK t-shirts & we used to talk about wrestling just like we talk about CRICKET(the most famous sports in india,pakistan & bangladesh).Just like Sahu,my interest faded after Attitude Era finished,but the return of Rock in Feb 2011 has brought many of us old timers back with it.I know he'll make only few appearances,but for us his few appearances are like gold compared to be away for seven long years & much much better then a year long Cena BS..
    So its a blog from an Indian bro & a bangladeshi bro has commented,me being from Pakistan must add that Yes,THE ROCK was the reason 1000's got interested in wrestling in PK & this interest spread country wide in not time & Till this day i dont think any other superstar is liked as much as THE ROCK & a very close 2nd SCSA.I remember not only children or teenagers but also grown up men wearing those ROCK t-shirts & we used to talk about wrestling just like we talk about CRICKET(the most famous sports in india,pakistan & bangladesh).Just like Sahu,my interest faded after Attitude Era finished,but the return of Rock in Feb 2011 has brought many of us old timers back with it.I know he'll make only few appearances,but for us his few appearances are like gold compared to be away for seven long years & much much better then a year long Cena BS..
    True nafees bhai...The Rock n SCSA were n are perhaps the most popular in sub-continent followed by may be taker and Kane...

I myself had a huge collection of The Rock's and Stone cold's Shirts...It used to be cool to say "It doesn't matter"; "roody poo and candy ass" n the most famous one used to be "If u smell..." and also it used to be cool to show middle finger like SCSA!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.