View RSS Feed

RagefulRhino

Wrestlemania 29: The Main Events

Rating: 7 votes, 3.71 average.
The three main events of Wrestlemania 28 were marvelous, with the highlight being Triple H vs The Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell, with Shawn Michaels as the Special Referee. It'll be hard to top that, obviously, but here we go:

Let's start with the first of the three main events, which still would have massive drawing power, but not as much as the next few. CM Punk loses his WWE title to The Rock at Royal Rumble, and has been abandoned by Paul Heyman in favour of Brock Lesnar. Punk is struggling to get wins leading up to Wrestlemania, and starts to get frustrated. In February, after Sheamus beats him clean on Raw, Punk attacks the Great White on Smackdown, costing him his Number One Contender spot. What's worse, Sheamus goes down with an apparent injury. A few weeks later, Punk is in the Elimination Chamber match desperate to regain the WWE Championship. It comes down to him and the champion when the Celtic Warrior's music hits, Sheamus comes charging down with bolt cutters, scaring the tatoos off of Punk, he turns back around to his opponent.......ROCK BOTTOM!!! Sheamus watches Punk get pinned, opens the door, and hits Punk with White Noise. The two trade verbal jabs and attacks leading up to Mania, where Sheamus is victorious (because he's never had a solid Wrestlemania win).

The Undertaker returned in the Royal Rumble match as entrant number 21 (get it?), he dominated until entrant 28, when John Cena's music hit. The two icons stood face to face in the middle of the ring, and then went to war. Close call after close call led to the Leader of the Cenation eliminating the Deadman. Even though Cena didn't win the Rumble, Undertaker is livid, he haunts Cena with promos on the Titantron, though Cena insists he is focused on the WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber. He enters a qualifying match with CM Punk, when the gong goes off............the place goes dark...........the lights come back on.............nothing. Cena looks around, terrified, when Punk hits him with a GTS for the win. Cena calls out Taker on the Raw after the Chamber, saying the Demon took from him what he cared about most, so he'll do the same. At Wrestlemania 29, The Streak would end. The Phenom came out and accepted Cena's challenge, saying that he would cement his legacy the way The Rock did, by beating Cena. You're typical Undertaker build-up goes on till the event. After an absolute slobberknocker, Taker goes for a Tombstone, shockingly, Cena escapes and hits the AA. 1....2....3! John Cena ends The Streak, then to help send Undertaker off in to the sunset, he helps him up, the two embrace, and Taker walks off, raising his fist on the stage, the way he always did. It is an emotional, heart-breaking farewell, reminiscent of HBK vs Flair.

The main event: Last year it was Rock vs Cena, this year The Great One finds himself on the Grandest Stage once again, up against perhaps his biggest threat yet. Rock beat Punk at the Rumble to recapture the WWE title, but the big story of the night happens in the Royal Rumble match. After Cena eliminated Undertaker, Number 30 walks out. The beast is back, Brock Lesnar returns and wins his second Royal Rumble. You're typical buildup happens with Rock winning at the Chamber, it obviously wouldn't be Brock vs Ziggler (yes he'll probably be champion). So Brock ambushes Rocky the night after the Chamber, saying the title would be his. Brock is the huge heel in this feud, making things personal the way he did with HBK and Triple H, Rock proposes that he'll put the title, and his career on the line if Lesnar does the same. Much to the dismay of Paul Heyman, Brock accepts. An absolute killer of a match, with Paul almost costing Rock the win various times. Rocky comes out on top, proves he's the Great One and Brock is gone forever.

This is just hypothetical, my dream card if you will so don't take it to heart. My first blog, hope you liked it, be on the lookout for more!

Submit "Wrestlemania 29: The Main Events" to Digg Submit "Wrestlemania 29: The Main Events" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestlemania 29: The Main Events" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestlemania 29: The Main Events" to Google

Updated 11-21-2012 at 12:46 PM by RagefulRhino

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HAHAHAHAHA. that was awful. like a 12 year old's fantasy. all the superheroes win.
    Updated 11-22-2012 at 10:43 AM by goodomens
    Yeah. Cena ends the streak. right. and then vince and cena need bodyguards for the rest of their lifes because every real wrestling fan is headhunting them.
    I love reading Wrestlemania predictions. Thanks for the post!
    Quote Originally Posted by DBOR
    I love reading Wrestlemania predictions. Thanks for the post!
    Thanks, glad you liked it! I have another one called WWE '13: A Love/Hate Relationship, check it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld
    Yeah. Cena ends the streak. right. and then vince and cena need bodyguards for the rest of their lifes because every real wrestling fan is headhunting them.
    It was my mistake by not emphasizing that this match could go either way. I only did it that way to retire Undertaker And Cena works harder than anyone so for people to think he doesn't deserve to end it.......well in the end it's up to Taker
    Quote Originally Posted by goodomens
    HAHAHAHAHA. that was awful. like a 12 year old's fantasy. all the superheroes win.
    Sheamus has gotten screwed out of every Wrestlemania he's been in, from being taken off the main card to an 18 second match. The other one was my way of retiring Undertaker, if you read my reply to the other gentleman. Brock's contract ends at Wrestlemania so it only makes sense that he doesn't win the title. Thanks for reading.
    Ugh.

First, last year's three WM main events weren't marvelous. HHH/Taker was great. Punk/Jericho was below average at best, and Rock/Cena was lame.

Second, Taker's streak doesn't end. His send off takes place somewhere other than Wrestlemania.

Finally, I don't see Brock or Rock in WWE after WM, so to have them fight for the title is useless.

Did I mention, UGH.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.