View RSS Feed

The Saratski

YOU May not like ADR, but.......

Rate this Entry
I would like to start my first blog here by saying hello to anyone who reads this, and thanks for taking the the time to do so. Let us now jump right in. I have to say that I am a huge fan of Alberto Del Rio. I liked him right off the bat with his very first few promos before his official debut. For me, it was his first few promos that got me interested, I found them to be hilarious. However, he has certainly become a polarizing wrestler with as many haters as fans. In order to keep things simple I will try to summarize the reasons why ADR is greatness, and where I think his potential to be even better is.

1) The Mexican fan base.
Besides ADR, WWE has basically no Mexican superstar wrestlers. Rey has been out for a long time, and was slowing down before he left from all the injuries. Sin Cara is a unique wrestler but doesn't talk at all. ADR has also recently demolished Sin Cara, and debuted with a big win over Rey. So that sends an obvious message. The Mexican fan base for WWE is huge and ADR is the current top ambassador.

2) Ricardo
I chuckle every time I see Ricardo being announced. Ricardo's announcing style is pretty intense and funny at the same time. He has also shown to be an effective distraction in and out of the ring. A recent highlight occurred when Ricardo told ADR to slam Sheamus's head on the hood of his car. That whole promo was actually very good in my opinion.

3) In ring skills
ADR is versatile in the ring, and even most that dislike ADR agree on this. Not much needs to be said here. Its worth mentioning that ADR is very consistent in the ring, and has had great matches with pretty much every one he wrestles. Although I was not a big fan of the Big Show feud, or his matches with the Great Kali. That is more of a booking issue in my opinion.

4) Potential
ADR has a lot of opportunity ahead of him. He is constantly in the main event scene. And even after returning from his injury, he was put back in the main event scene immediately. Maybe that is because of all the other superstars being out for one reason or another at that time. Even so, It is clear that WWE has big plans for ADR which will certainly include winning a championship perhaps as soon as MITB.

I can understand those that dislike his mic skills, or just find him plain boring. For whatever reason I have always found ADR to be a bit humorous. I believe he has some better promos in him, that will develop over time. I have also always wondered what if ADR turns face. I will still like him, but it would be interesting to see the result. ADR was a huge face pre-WWE. Randy Orton is in the same boat (although on opposite ends). Great as a heel, not so much as a face. So that may explain why many dislike him as a heel. Perhaps he just needs more time to develop his promos as a dominant heel. I believe the new "aggressive" side of ADR is a step in that direction. ADR brings lots of possibilities to the WWE, and has lots of potential fueds that could end up being fantastic. Meanwhile John Cena has to wrestle Johnny Ace and the Big Show (AGAIN!) which is as fresh as grandmas bananas. The WWE needs ADR, and (even if you do not know it yet), YOU need him too. Thanks for reading.

Submit "YOU May not like ADR, but......." to Digg Submit "YOU May not like ADR, but......." to del.icio.us Submit "YOU May not like ADR, but......." to StumbleUpon Submit "YOU May not like ADR, but......." to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nice read I would like to add also that ADR much like JBL at the time is disliked by the wrestling fans for a simple reason the guy doesn't need anything like merchandise or something that would make him marketable so what a better thing for a heel. A heel wrestler works better the least people like him and if you watched Raw in South Texas where many Hispanics live you could hear how over he is as a heel unlike dolph or bryan who are over with the fans but are not necessarily heels since to be a heel you have to be disliked by almost all the viewers not just the majority.
    I am not and ADR fan but to your point about him turning face, I remember watching the royal rumble this year after he had been for a while and his musi hit, and the crowd gave a huge pop and then ricardo came out, but it was interesting to see the pop ADR got i was really surprised. So maybe a face ADR could work.
    I'm for face ADR!!! His looks suit him as a Face....n I love his in ring skills....
    To me, there is no ...but. I find nothing likeable about ADR. He's boring, his gimmick is unoriginal and played out, and it's hard to even remotely accept someone that's constantly force fed to you over and over again, no matter how much the fans resist.
    Sorry but I have to disagree. While I do think he can go in the ring his persona is a bit....... zzzzz, sorry where was I? Bland is the word that springs to mind, bland enough that I don't think there are a lot of ADR haters out there, simply a lot of people who have absolutely no interest in anything he does or says. His ring announcer has more character and charisma than he does, hell even the cars he drives to the ring are more entertaining.
    ADR needs that Eddie Guerrero type person to push him like Eddie pushed JBL
    my favourite thing about Del Rio is his Ring announcer *speaks random spanish* GURAYGHYAGARROoaee Albertooooooooooo DEEEEEL RIIIIOOOOOOOOOO0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.