View RSS Feed

King W. Motley III

How the WWE can turn CM Punk's injury into a blessing

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Initially losing CM Punk for the TLC pay-per-view is thought to be a serious blow to the WWE, but when you look deeper; his injury may be a blessing in disguise.

Obviously no one has faith in creative right now to make the best of a bad situation, but if there was one brain the size of a pea in the group, he/she would recognize this a great opportunity.

To cover up for the water-down card, Ziggler must win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match against John Cena with a lot of controversy. Then he must cash it in after Sheamus defeats Big Show and walk out of Brooklyn the World Heavyweight Champion.

With buyrates at an all-time low, the WWE is forced to do something that would make fans regret not buying such a lackluster show. Remember when the WWE was about ‘Anything could happen’. The element of surprise will have the crowd in New York love it, and make marks wish they ordered the pay-per-view to witness Ziggler’s crowning moment.

That will leave the door open for a feud between Cena and Ziggler. Cena wants a rematch with Ziggler as a grudge and the World Heavyweight title is just an add-on. But due to WWE rules, Sheamus gets a rematch against Ziggler at the Royal Rumble.

Ziggler retains against Sheamus, while guess who wins the Rumble? Cena.
Meanwhile, The Rock defeats CM Punk for the WWE Championship.
Cena wants Ziggler so bad he wants his title match at Elimination Chamber, meaning Cena wins the title.

With the Royal Rumble opportunity already cashed in and two star-studded World Champions, Cena comes out and challenges The Rock to a rematch. Rocky refuses at first saying he ‘already did that’. Then Cena throws in an added incentive, he puts his title on the line, giving the Rock the opportunity to being the first Undisputed Champion in over a decade. The Rock accepts, but never actually puts his title on the line.

The match would officially be recognized as for the World Heavyweight Championship.

That would give creative a great window of opportunity. It also leaves Vince McMahon and the WWE to decide whether to unify the belt or not.

If they decide for unifying the world titles, the Intercontinental title would automatically become more prestigious. There will be a need to put the IC title on someone like Ryback. He would be able to carry the title in the B-level or “Smackdown” house shows. With the title being the second-most recognizable title once again and a true main event belt for house shows it creates a need and storyline behind top stars vying for the title as well.

Given that, The Rock would eventually put the WWE title on the line as well, giving Cena the ultimate recognition of beating the Rock and unifying the titles.

Of course if McMahon doesn’t want to unify the belts, you have Cena still beat the Rock to even the score. The next night on Raw, CM Punk wants his rematch he never got and defeats the Rock to once again become the WWE Champion.

Even with that outcome it would be one hell of a ride to Wrestlemania and the WWE would have milked a great opportunity and fans interest would be increase. More importantly creative would become creditable to marks and fans.

Submit "How the WWE can turn CM Punk's injury into a blessing" to Digg Submit "How the WWE can turn CM Punk's injury into a blessing" to del.icio.us Submit "How the WWE can turn CM Punk's injury into a blessing" to StumbleUpon Submit "How the WWE can turn CM Punk's injury into a blessing" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I love the idea of it all. Dolph really needs to cash in right away. I swear, if creative lets Cena win the briefcase it will be the biggest mistake ever.
    What the hell did that have to do with cm punk being injured?? And he's only out three weeks. Your blog didn't make sense because the title didn't fit what you were saying. Your basically saying what other people have already about rock and cena 2 but with both belts, NO. Nice try though on the blog
    Do you know why this could be great? Because your idea would create the unified championship and bring in a new belt. That rumored belt we have been hearing of.

In other words, your blog was VERY good, I liked the idea alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy
    What the hell did that have to do with cm punk being injured?? And he's only out three weeks. Your blog didn't make sense because the title didn't fit what you were saying. Your basically saying what other people have already about rock and cena 2 but with both belts, NO. Nice try though on the blog
    Cm punk vs ryback was the main story at tlc. The blog talks about shifting the main focus of the ppv to dolph ziggler
    Not bad sir I rather like this idea but when punk returs what part.does.he play? An ic fued with ryback
    The way of Punk's injury being a good thing for now, was having RyBack battle The Shield at TLC, and getting him the fuck away from the title pic for a while so fans could take him seriously without having him shoved into our eye sockets and told to accept him by going for the main title. And I'm sure people will bitch about how Ambrose and Rollins will job to him right away, but not necessarily, despite what happens, everyone shouldn't see shit be the end of the world if they lose this early in their debuts, and in their PPV AND match debuts. No one's gonna care what you say about it because you've been wrong before about bitching when it came to Punk and Bryan, I just pray WWE creative is smart enough to have better and bigger plans for them in the future. Either way, RyBack vs Shield is his side rivalry for now, I don;t need to see him fight Punk one more time to take him seriously. He already means business. Kane & Bryan is just making things a little better in this 6 man TLC match.
    bad idea, i dont want to see cena vs rock again,
    the title remain seperate,
    punk vs taker for the wwe title
    and ziggler vs big show vs sheamus for the whc title
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.