View RSS Feed

OneTimePosterShorry

TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business.

Rating: 9 votes, 2.00 average.
If the rumors appear to be true, then TNA is making an awful mistake.

Sky reportedly left the promotion last July. She is expected to come back some time in 2013, but the reason why this is is unknown. The reason that Dixie wants her back so bad is because she helps in promoting their company.

I am sorry, but Dixie is seriously out of her mind. She is by no means a marketing tool, she is only a flamboyant stereotype. It's highly doubtful that Sky of all people has been responsible for helping the company expand. She has been there for five years now, and TNA has still been in the same state as before. She has not been a real crucial asset to the product; The jiggling of her ass and melons don't magically attract viewers and zap the company out of the Impact Zone and off of Spike. It just doesn't work like that in this reality. They couldn't even get her on Dancing with the Stars.

TNA has very much to lose if they go through with keeping her. The Knockouts division has been picking up a number of problems this year alone, mainly that the roster is getting pretty stale. Most of the women are well into their 30s and they've all feuded with one another multiple times. Sky is not a solution to this either; she is part of this staleness. This surprises me after all the good choices they decided to make with the product, and have been doing well so far without her. They don't need her like they think they do; just give some younger women a chance. Refresh the roster, bring in some newer, younger talent. She will only emphasize this problem a lot more, and if they're only booking like three women on the show from now on, they might as well.

Can't they sign another woman, or replace her with Rosita or Taeler? This is a big slap in their faces that Dixie is putting dependability in a woman that left this year instead of using younger women who have much more to prove. It's definitely unfair, and I don't want this to happen anymore.

For that matter, out of Sky's 5 years in TNA, she has only been their champion for a month, which actually feels like a couple of days after Gail Kim took all the momentum away from her. You can argue that Sky had great booking in her run, and I disagree noting that she has lost matches & momentum very often in her feuds. They can promise her whatever they want to now, they still won't take her seriously, and will only serve as fodder for their "flavor of the month" Knockout and eye candy for entertaining a group of her horny cult followers, shielded by a promotion unable to rapidly expand. Can't they just doll up some other woman to assume her role? I just don't understand what they've been trying to achieve with this woman.

There is no point in Sky returning and there is nothing left for her to prove. It is honestly time for her to move on, because it is the right thing for her, for the KO division, and for the company.

A run in the WWE for Sky would be a very good thing for TNA, and this is something Dixie has to understand if she wants her company to draw more exposure and for product to improve. Collecting WWE's released talent has hardly did any good for their company, why not do the opposite for once? They don't want to give up Styles, Aries, Roode, or Joe, but Sky would be the right candidate to use for this experiment. She has appeal, but she's been no big loss, afterall.

Sky can be a catalyst who can bring a taste of their company to RAW's casual demographics. Instead of trying to work up to the mainstream audience, Sky would bring the mainstream audience over to TNA. As a matter of fact, many fans have never even heard of TNA or Sky before, but many of them would be willing to once she would debut. They would find content from her past work including countless pages of sumptuous and freely accessible picture galleries and Youtube videos. Fans will then start to know about TNA and possibly start to become fans themselves curious of what other men and women they might have (and get reacquainted with several former WWE stars).

This could be an effective way to capitalize off of her potential success. ROH has done things similar when CM Punk and Daniel Bryan became successful, like releasing videos, DVDs, and other promotional material as they had that chance to get their name out there, and it has worked to some extent. I remember TNA tried to capitalize off of Punk after he spoke his infamous "pipebomb".

What would it take for Sky to succeed in WWE? The most important thing for a WWE star to have is appeal. She would be a relevant key character for a while if she can be able to connect with the audience. We have seen guys like Bryan, Santino (very early in the year), Sandow, Cesaro, Ryback, and AJ becoming over, and getting over is good for the product because it's what makes for an exciting show. She should have what it takes in that regard. She's not Gail Kim afterall. This would also allow her to work with a brand new crop of women, travel around the country, and possibly improve in the ring, which TNA does not have available for her. She could renew interest in the Divas division, and it would be a very weird, but good feeling that she would be helping America's top two promotions at the same time. But only there could she really find out what she is capable of.

And of course, if things don't work out for her there, she has her whole life to return to TNA. She's likely to be welcome back any time and would at least say that she's been there, so it's not like this would be a big gamble, and I don't understand why this would be a time to re-sign with them.

TNA could possibly have a better advantage if they can sell her contract over to WWE, which they have the chance to do if she is signed with then again. This way they could get something out of it in return like money or getting mentioned on WWE programming.

With all of that said, TNA has much more to gain coughing her up to the 'E than keeping her to themselves, and it would also allow them to make room for new, young women who would like to perform for TNA that they can give chances to as well.

Somebody tell Dixie that she needs to overturn this decision while she still has the chance, because this is an opportunity too big to throw away. This is for good of the business.

"Random" Note: Eve is injured, and since she is the title holder, storylines can't progress without her.

Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to Digg Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to del.icio.us Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to Google

Updated 12-08-2012 at 12:33 AM by OneTimePosterShorry

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Impact rating: 0.98

Yeah what a big help she's done.

wat u mean she dont draw? beautiful people always draw beautiful people was always the highest rating when they was book to wrestle yes rating was not od high but it was tna best.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky7pointman
    wat u mean she dont draw? beautiful people always draw beautiful people was always the highest rating when they was book to wrestle yes rating was not od high but it was tna best.
    That's a terrible thing to admit about your product don't you think?
    i guess you dont pay mind to the tna rating system anything beautiful people did in tna was always they highest rating look that up
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimePosterShorry
    That's a terrible thing to admit about your product don't you think?
    lol it is terrible i just giving fact lol if she was the reason rating of ur show was going good will u hiring her back?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimePosterShorry
    Impact rating: 0.98

Yeah what a big help she's done.

lol i dont mean this week i mean when beautiful people was around plus i did say it is not high lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky7pointman
    lol it is terrible i just giving fact lol if she was the reason rating of ur show was going good will u hiring her back?
    No, if she were responsible for that you would reward her like give her a pay raise, or a push of some sort, but no none of that has happened to her, ever and it's a real shame she still wants to settle for less with that dolt Dixie. Angelina on the other hand I'm glad has left, she might not help TNA as much on the outside but she deserves much bigger.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.