View RSS Feed

OneTimePosterShorry

TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business.

Rating: 9 votes, 2.00 average.
If the rumors appear to be true, then TNA is making an awful mistake.

Sky reportedly left the promotion last July. She is expected to come back some time in 2013, but the reason why this is is unknown. The reason that Dixie wants her back so bad is because she helps in promoting their company.

I am sorry, but Dixie is seriously out of her mind. She is by no means a marketing tool, she is only a flamboyant stereotype. It's highly doubtful that Sky of all people has been responsible for helping the company expand. She has been there for five years now, and TNA has still been in the same state as before. She has not been a real crucial asset to the product; The jiggling of her ass and melons don't magically attract viewers and zap the company out of the Impact Zone and off of Spike. It just doesn't work like that in this reality. They couldn't even get her on Dancing with the Stars.

TNA has very much to lose if they go through with keeping her. The Knockouts division has been picking up a number of problems this year alone, mainly that the roster is getting pretty stale. Most of the women are well into their 30s and they've all feuded with one another multiple times. Sky is not a solution to this either; she is part of this staleness. This surprises me after all the good choices they decided to make with the product, and have been doing well so far without her. They don't need her like they think they do; just give some younger women a chance. Refresh the roster, bring in some newer, younger talent. She will only emphasize this problem a lot more, and if they're only booking like three women on the show from now on, they might as well.

Can't they sign another woman, or replace her with Rosita or Taeler? This is a big slap in their faces that Dixie is putting dependability in a woman that left this year instead of using younger women who have much more to prove. It's definitely unfair, and I don't want this to happen anymore.

For that matter, out of Sky's 5 years in TNA, she has only been their champion for a month, which actually feels like a couple of days after Gail Kim took all the momentum away from her. You can argue that Sky had great booking in her run, and I disagree noting that she has lost matches & momentum very often in her feuds. They can promise her whatever they want to now, they still won't take her seriously, and will only serve as fodder for their "flavor of the month" Knockout and eye candy for entertaining a group of her horny cult followers, shielded by a promotion unable to rapidly expand. Can't they just doll up some other woman to assume her role? I just don't understand what they've been trying to achieve with this woman.

There is no point in Sky returning and there is nothing left for her to prove. It is honestly time for her to move on, because it is the right thing for her, for the KO division, and for the company.

A run in the WWE for Sky would be a very good thing for TNA, and this is something Dixie has to understand if she wants her company to draw more exposure and for product to improve. Collecting WWE's released talent has hardly did any good for their company, why not do the opposite for once? They don't want to give up Styles, Aries, Roode, or Joe, but Sky would be the right candidate to use for this experiment. She has appeal, but she's been no big loss, afterall.

Sky can be a catalyst who can bring a taste of their company to RAW's casual demographics. Instead of trying to work up to the mainstream audience, Sky would bring the mainstream audience over to TNA. As a matter of fact, many fans have never even heard of TNA or Sky before, but many of them would be willing to once she would debut. They would find content from her past work including countless pages of sumptuous and freely accessible picture galleries and Youtube videos. Fans will then start to know about TNA and possibly start to become fans themselves curious of what other men and women they might have (and get reacquainted with several former WWE stars).

This could be an effective way to capitalize off of her potential success. ROH has done things similar when CM Punk and Daniel Bryan became successful, like releasing videos, DVDs, and other promotional material as they had that chance to get their name out there, and it has worked to some extent. I remember TNA tried to capitalize off of Punk after he spoke his infamous "pipebomb".

What would it take for Sky to succeed in WWE? The most important thing for a WWE star to have is appeal. She would be a relevant key character for a while if she can be able to connect with the audience. We have seen guys like Bryan, Santino (very early in the year), Sandow, Cesaro, Ryback, and AJ becoming over, and getting over is good for the product because it's what makes for an exciting show. She should have what it takes in that regard. She's not Gail Kim afterall. This would also allow her to work with a brand new crop of women, travel around the country, and possibly improve in the ring, which TNA does not have available for her. She could renew interest in the Divas division, and it would be a very weird, but good feeling that she would be helping America's top two promotions at the same time. But only there could she really find out what she is capable of.

And of course, if things don't work out for her there, she has her whole life to return to TNA. She's likely to be welcome back any time and would at least say that she's been there, so it's not like this would be a big gamble, and I don't understand why this would be a time to re-sign with them.

TNA could possibly have a better advantage if they can sell her contract over to WWE, which they have the chance to do if she is signed with then again. This way they could get something out of it in return like money or getting mentioned on WWE programming.

With all of that said, TNA has much more to gain coughing her up to the 'E than keeping her to themselves, and it would also allow them to make room for new, young women who would like to perform for TNA that they can give chances to as well.

Somebody tell Dixie that she needs to overturn this decision while she still has the chance, because this is an opportunity too big to throw away. This is for good of the business.

"Random" Note: Eve is injured, and since she is the title holder, storylines can't progress without her.

Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to Digg Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to del.icio.us Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to Google

Updated 12-08-2012 at 12:33 AM by OneTimePosterShorry

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. kylos's Avatar
    Yep. I knew you would respond like that. You can micro analyze everything you like, frankly no one cares about your opinion.

    Why do you get so angry? Why do you feel like you are so right in this matter? Why do you think no one's left any good feedback for you? Look at yourself, and think logically, if that is possible. You seem obsessive, anxious, and outright stubborn when it comes to hearing peoples feedback. Whether you like it or not, Velvet will stay in TNA, and whether she shakes that fine body of hers on that rope or not, I will still be a fan.

    PS: The Beautiful People was one of the best stables in TNA history, and it sold merchandise and drew ratings. It was so popular that WWE tried to copy the idea with LayCool. Velvet is much better as a heel, and she will still sell merchandise, and bring attention back to the Knockouts Division, something which has been clearly lacking in the last six months that she has not been there.
    Updated 12-10-2012 at 04:04 AM by kylos
  2. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Yep. I knew you would respond like that. You can micro analyze everything you like, frankly no one cares about your opinion.

    Why do you get so angry? Why do you feel like you are so right in this matter? Why do you think no one's left any good feedback for you? Look at yourself, and think logically, if that is possible. You seem obsessive, anxious, and outright stubborn when it comes to hearing peoples feedback. Whether you like it or not, Velvet will stay in TNA, and whether she shakes that fine body of hers on that rope or not, I will still be a fan.

    PS: The Beautiful People was one of the best stables in TNA history, and it sold merchandise and drew ratings. It was so popular that WWE tried to copy the idea with LayCool. Velvet is much better as a heel, and she will still sell merchandise, and bring attention back to the Knockouts Division, something which has been clearly lacking in the last six months that she has not been there.
    It's what is called a debate, something you should have been taught at school by now, and I am here to just support my side of the argument. If you're just going to continue to bash me and not provide any contradictions to my points then there's no reason for you to be here at all.

    As you can tell I am a writer. Getting my points across is why I have a purpose to write on this site. I could just be on every sort of bandwagon like you but there are other explanations to things I find that make more sense, & just because you go with the popular opinion doesn't make it the most credible. If I had the same beliefs as you then there's no point for me to write on here.

    While TBP did draw that was back when they were recent and younger. It gets old after a while, they start to fade and there has been need of significant changes; and there's no excuse to keep Velvet's gimmick if she's commented that she has a relationship with Sabin in an official TNA video. I don't see what's so special about her ass, to be frank.

    And there are no similarities between TBP & LayCool. TBP were inspired by the reality show The Simple Life while LayCool were the typical antagonistic duo you'd find on Disney Channel shows. TNA always thinks they created all of their ideas when they've obviously got them from somewhere else so they have no right to take shots at WWE if they do something similar. Another example is Madison's queen wave, she obviously did not invent that, so it is not her property.

    And no, I am proven correct so far, she has not brought any attention to the KOs division; she has further poisoned it if not dead already. She has already ruined the build that led to the title match at Final Res, & they are making a mockery out of the other talent like Mickie whose return they haven't made so important. They think that she is saving the KO division when she is taking all the attention away from it. And you don't promise any of your talents anything! She says that she'll be champion again sometime next year? What does that tell the other women? What do they think? Should they bother to even show up from now on because they haven't been promised the title?

    So in one night with her they given me no reason to watch the PPV & no reason to tune into the show up until her title victory eventually happens. Even if she gets the title back what then? Who does she feud with Brooke, ODB, Madison, Tara, Gail, Mickie? She's already faced these women numerous times already and I have no interest in seeing it again. They's why they should sign new women and release old women if you want to make for an exciting unpredictable show. They already gave away what is going to happen so how is this going to grow the company and get people to watch?
    Updated 12-10-2012 at 04:38 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
  3. kylos's Avatar
    Ok.. well, Velvet Sky wasn't going to come back and say, 'Next year I won't accomplish a thing!'

    You seem to strongly believe that now Sky is back announcing this, that it's 100% fact. The Knockouts have never been as simple as that, they always say that they want the title, specially upon their return. Why should they get lots of new women, when the ones they have now can wrestle? People know who they are, and they have great chemistry with each other. Nothings broken here, and for you to not watch a PPV just because Velvet Sky apparently killed the buildup for the Knockouts title match is absolute ludicrous.

    There was very little buildup for Mickie and Tara, and there didn't need to be. Their rivalry over many years speaks for itself, having Velvet come in at that moment and make a statement was the best way to bring her back. How else could you have done it?

    And you say just because she has admitted to being with Sabin makes her entrance pointless? Try asking any TNA fan whether they think the same, the majority will be confused, so what if shes got a boyfriend? Shes a tease, that's the whole point. Divas used to be real teases back in the day, wearing as little as possible, Velvet Sky is pretty tame compared to them.

    It seems to me that you hate Velvet Sky. That's how it comes across anyway. If that was not your intention, then you need work on your writing. Your message did not get across how you expected. That's not a dig, it is a fact.
    Updated 12-11-2012 at 01:17 AM by kylos
  4. kylos's Avatar
    Also you seem to have this warped view that Velvet Sky could be sent to the WWE for an "experiment" of sorts. Where does this logic come from? Velvet Sky is only under contract to TNA, she is not something they can casually loan to the WWE just to get some exposure.

    Vince hates having talent that were grown elsewhere become big in his company, he wouldn't want to grow them, give them tons of exposure, only to have that person leave and take all that momentum to a rival company. Vince isn't that stupid, and if Velvet was to go to the WWE, she would definitely want to stay there, but at the same time she would end up like many others who were big elsewhere, and ended up flopping in the WWE. Velvet would be in the WWE for herself, not because she can help TNA in the future. If she became a huge success in the WWE, she would not leave, she would become loyal to the WWE and not want to give it up to go back to TNA.

    This is why I can't understand this blog. I mean if you seem to assume that Velvet would go to the WWE, and assume even further that she would fail there, but somehow get a ton of exposure, then decide to go back to TNA? How do you even know that would happen?

    Velvet Sky is not the property of TNA, and for TNA to just let one of their most popular talents drift away into a company they are constantly reminded is the #1 company in the world, that is bad business. TNA wants to keep all the star power they can, they are hungry for success, but they realize they need the next generation to come through, which they are doing as of late, but you can't build the next generation without wrestlers like Velvet Sky to put them over.

    One last time... this 'Experiment' is very illogical. I just don't understand it. It would never happen, and if it did, it wouldn't work, and if it did happen to work, then i would tip my hat off to you and call you a genius.
    Updated 12-11-2012 at 01:21 AM by kylos
  5. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Ok.. well, Velvet Sky wasn't going to come back and say, 'Next year I won't accomplish a thing!'
    Sarita, Rosita, Winter, and ODB have all said that this year. Where was their spotlight?

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    You seem to strongly believe that now Sky is back announcing this, that it's 100% fact. The Knockouts have never been as simple as that, they always say that they want the title, specially upon their return. Why should they get lots of new women, when the ones they have now can wrestle? People know who they are, and they have great chemistry with each other. Nothings broken here, and for you to not watch a PPV just because Velvet Sky apparently killed the buildup for the Knockouts title match is absolute ludicrous.
    Such a practice has happened before with Gail Kim. She was a crybaby who left the WWE because she was a major flop who never got over & returned to TNA and was handed both women's titles right away, all because she returned, same with Sting. That was where the root of all the KOs problems began, and whether I would have wanted Sky to have gotten a much more meaningful title reign at the time, that time has now passed and her time has been well wasted.

    Nobody wants to see Sky vs Madison or Mickie vs Tara for the 80th time. What is going to happen when all these women eventually retire? You need young talent you can develop on TV and not be stuck in a closet somewhere. What was the point of Taeler passing the "gut check"? Why keep Rosita under contract when she hasn't been on TV since April?

    & not like it would have been the deciding factor for me to buy the PPV, but you have the time given on your show to build it so why not hype it instead of rush Sky back on TV?

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    There was very little buildup for Mickie and Tara, and there didn't need to be. Their rivalry over many years speaks for itself, having Velvet come in at that moment and make a statement was the best way to bring her back. How else could you have done it?
    No it wasn't. She was not even going to get involved in the match they were supposed to hype, so it really did not help draw attention to Mickie or Tara right before their match. I would not even consider her bringing her back because there is no good way to. I would be sending agents to scout the Indies for a woman that could replace her, since all you really need to do to turn guys like you on is to doll her up the same way and dress her like a whore.

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    And you say just because she has admitted to being with Sabin makes her entrance pointless? Try asking any TNA fan whether they think the same, the majority will be confused, so what if shes got a boyfriend? Shes a tease, that's the whole point. Divas used to be real teases back in the day, wearing as little as possible, Velvet Sky is pretty tame compared to them.
    Yeah. It's very awkward she acts very flirty to the audience when she acknowledges her relationship in one of TNA's videos. You got Maria who is now in ROH and she is a girlfriend and valet to Mike Bennett, and a fan grabs her ass at an event and you think she liked that? And hardly any of the Divas ever acknowledged any of their relationships on air, except for Lita who was being in character with Edge.

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    It seems to me that you hate Velvet Sky. That's how it comes across anyway. If that was not your intention, then you need work on your writing. Your message did not get across how you expected. That's not a dig, it is a fact.
    I have some respect for Sky as a person and a drudge to the business with a good work ethic who tries to improve herself. I may have lost some of that respect if staying in TNA was her intention all along because saying she was only taking a break would have been the right and ethical thing to do. I do not care for her looks or her 5000 year old hooker gimmick and her booking which has always been bad whether it's positive or negative.

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Also you seem to have this warped view that Velvet Sky could be sent to the WWE for an "experiment" of sorts. Where does this logic come from? Velvet Sky is only under contract to TNA, she is not something they can casually loan to the WWE just to get some exposure.
    Who said anything about loaning her? If that's how you see it than that's your problem. You release her and don't bring her back; or if you want something out of it just send them her contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Vince hates having talent that were grown elsewhere become big in his company, he wouldn't want to grow them, give them tons of exposure, only to have that person leave and take all that momentum to a rival company. Vince isn't that stupid, and if Velvet was to go to the WWE, she would definitely want to stay there, but at the same time she would end up like many others who were big elsewhere, and ended up flopping in the WWE. Velvet would be in the WWE for herself, not because she can help TNA in the future. If she became a huge success in the WWE, she would not leave, she would become loyal to the WWE and not want to give it up to go back to TNA.
    Hmm...he did not want to grow...
    Stone Cold?
    Mick Foley?
    Big Show?
    Chris Benoit?
    Chris Jericho?
    Stacy Keibler?
    Eddie Guerrero?
    Rey Mysterio?
    DDP?
    Goldberg?
    Booker T?
    CM Punk?
    Daniel Bryan?
    Kharma?
    Sin Cara?
    Antonio Cesaro?
    The Shield?

    "Vince" has gotten several of his talents from other places, but he generally likes to make talents of his own from the ground up because original talents have advantages in character development and appeal. A guy who is all talent may not end up exciting the crowds, just ask Gail Kim. He doesn't make money just off skill alone.

    But realize what it would do for TNA. Such a big monkey to finally be off their backs, one less worry, one less woman they dropped the ball with to be accountable for, they can simply move on and plan for the future. Whether Sky would return to TNA or not later wouldn't matter to TNA if they want to move on to revamping the KOs, that would be her option. If she was welcome to return anytime in her life, I don't understand why it would be now when she hasn't even explored her options and doesn't have much time left until she is too old for them, and when TNA has a lot more to lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    This is why I can't understand this blog. I mean if you seem to assume that Velvet would go to the WWE, and assume even further that she would fail there, but somehow get a ton of exposure, then decide to go back to TNA? How do you even know that would happen?
    I am not assuming or predicting anything. Who said anything about failing? If Sky were to flop, WWE wouldn't be to blame because they would have tried all they could to make her look legit, like what Kharma said in her recent interview: "If they are interested in you, they want to invest in you". Sky is the kind of person with appeal that could adapt regardless that she wouldn't have her "pigeons".

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Velvet Sky is not the property of TNA, and for TNA to just let one of their most popular talents drift away into a company they are constantly reminded is the #1 company in the world, that is bad business. TNA wants to keep all the star power they can, they are hungry for success, but they realize they need the next generation to come through, which they are doing as of late, but you can't build the next generation without wrestlers like Velvet Sky to put them over.
    Keeping Styles, Joe, Roode, Aries, Daniels, etc. is completely understandable. Sky is not a keeper. Her booking has shown it. Riding Angelina's coat tails, getting beat up by every KO on the roster, and only having one brief title reign is not whom I would consider keeping on my roster even longer. If anything, Angelina would have been the one they should have tried to keep, since she has been a successful achiever, a great personality, and a very classy individual while still in her prime. So why did they let her be? Why put her in "danger" of the "empire's" clutches?

    You can't build the next generation without signing the next generation. You got Gail, ODB, Mickie and Tara who are far older, yet far more talented than Sky. Sky isn't a wrestler meant to help carry younger opponents and I do not see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    One last time... this 'Experiment' is very illogical. I just don't understand it. It would never happen, and if it did, it wouldn't work, and if it did happen to work, then i would tip my hat off to you and call you a genius.
    It helps TNA either way. Just not by keeping her and Dixie is very clueless to even have thought about it.
    Updated 12-11-2012 at 01:56 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.