View RSS Feed

OneTimePosterShorry

TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business.

Rating: 9 votes, 2.00 average.
If the rumors appear to be true, then TNA is making an awful mistake.

Sky reportedly left the promotion last July. She is expected to come back some time in 2013, but the reason why this is is unknown. The reason that Dixie wants her back so bad is because she helps in promoting their company.

I am sorry, but Dixie is seriously out of her mind. She is by no means a marketing tool, she is only a flamboyant stereotype. It's highly doubtful that Sky of all people has been responsible for helping the company expand. She has been there for five years now, and TNA has still been in the same state as before. She has not been a real crucial asset to the product; The jiggling of her ass and melons don't magically attract viewers and zap the company out of the Impact Zone and off of Spike. It just doesn't work like that in this reality. They couldn't even get her on Dancing with the Stars.

TNA has very much to lose if they go through with keeping her. The Knockouts division has been picking up a number of problems this year alone, mainly that the roster is getting pretty stale. Most of the women are well into their 30s and they've all feuded with one another multiple times. Sky is not a solution to this either; she is part of this staleness. This surprises me after all the good choices they decided to make with the product, and have been doing well so far without her. They don't need her like they think they do; just give some younger women a chance. Refresh the roster, bring in some newer, younger talent. She will only emphasize this problem a lot more, and if they're only booking like three women on the show from now on, they might as well.

Can't they sign another woman, or replace her with Rosita or Taeler? This is a big slap in their faces that Dixie is putting dependability in a woman that left this year instead of using younger women who have much more to prove. It's definitely unfair, and I don't want this to happen anymore.

For that matter, out of Sky's 5 years in TNA, she has only been their champion for a month, which actually feels like a couple of days after Gail Kim took all the momentum away from her. You can argue that Sky had great booking in her run, and I disagree noting that she has lost matches & momentum very often in her feuds. They can promise her whatever they want to now, they still won't take her seriously, and will only serve as fodder for their "flavor of the month" Knockout and eye candy for entertaining a group of her horny cult followers, shielded by a promotion unable to rapidly expand. Can't they just doll up some other woman to assume her role? I just don't understand what they've been trying to achieve with this woman.

There is no point in Sky returning and there is nothing left for her to prove. It is honestly time for her to move on, because it is the right thing for her, for the KO division, and for the company.

A run in the WWE for Sky would be a very good thing for TNA, and this is something Dixie has to understand if she wants her company to draw more exposure and for product to improve. Collecting WWE's released talent has hardly did any good for their company, why not do the opposite for once? They don't want to give up Styles, Aries, Roode, or Joe, but Sky would be the right candidate to use for this experiment. She has appeal, but she's been no big loss, afterall.

Sky can be a catalyst who can bring a taste of their company to RAW's casual demographics. Instead of trying to work up to the mainstream audience, Sky would bring the mainstream audience over to TNA. As a matter of fact, many fans have never even heard of TNA or Sky before, but many of them would be willing to once she would debut. They would find content from her past work including countless pages of sumptuous and freely accessible picture galleries and Youtube videos. Fans will then start to know about TNA and possibly start to become fans themselves curious of what other men and women they might have (and get reacquainted with several former WWE stars).

This could be an effective way to capitalize off of her potential success. ROH has done things similar when CM Punk and Daniel Bryan became successful, like releasing videos, DVDs, and other promotional material as they had that chance to get their name out there, and it has worked to some extent. I remember TNA tried to capitalize off of Punk after he spoke his infamous "pipebomb".

What would it take for Sky to succeed in WWE? The most important thing for a WWE star to have is appeal. She would be a relevant key character for a while if she can be able to connect with the audience. We have seen guys like Bryan, Santino (very early in the year), Sandow, Cesaro, Ryback, and AJ becoming over, and getting over is good for the product because it's what makes for an exciting show. She should have what it takes in that regard. She's not Gail Kim afterall. This would also allow her to work with a brand new crop of women, travel around the country, and possibly improve in the ring, which TNA does not have available for her. She could renew interest in the Divas division, and it would be a very weird, but good feeling that she would be helping America's top two promotions at the same time. But only there could she really find out what she is capable of.

And of course, if things don't work out for her there, she has her whole life to return to TNA. She's likely to be welcome back any time and would at least say that she's been there, so it's not like this would be a big gamble, and I don't understand why this would be a time to re-sign with them.

TNA could possibly have a better advantage if they can sell her contract over to WWE, which they have the chance to do if she is signed with then again. This way they could get something out of it in return like money or getting mentioned on WWE programming.

With all of that said, TNA has much more to gain coughing her up to the 'E than keeping her to themselves, and it would also allow them to make room for new, young women who would like to perform for TNA that they can give chances to as well.

Somebody tell Dixie that she needs to overturn this decision while she still has the chance, because this is an opportunity too big to throw away. This is for good of the business.

"Random" Note: Eve is injured, and since she is the title holder, storylines can't progress without her.

Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to Digg Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to del.icio.us Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA: Sending Velvet Sky to WWE would help business." to Google

Updated 12-08-2012 at 12:33 AM by OneTimePosterShorry

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. kylos's Avatar
    Wow.. Ok. I don't know where to start with this, but here goes.

    Velvet Sky has become a huge star because of TNA. Before she surfaced in TNA, she was a nobody. She was actually in the Divas Search competition and she didn't get through to the finals.

    What makes you think that the WWE would even want Velvet Sky? I mean... They don't give a single shit about any of their female performers anyway, except maybe AJ and Vickie, and they don't even wrestle.

    Velvet Sky was one of the biggest reasons I tuned into TNA. Yes it is pretty classless of me to say that a big reason is because of just how hot she is, and her ring entrance is just ... well you know? She really does flaunt her stuff like no other woman in wrestling today.

    Letting her go was one of the biggest mistakes TNA ever made. She wasn't just improving dramatically in the ring, she was helping to get others over.
    Bruce Prichard is the reason why the Knockouts have not had the spotlight that they have done in the past. He is not a big fan of women's wrestling apparently, and it clearly shows.

    Regardless, I still think TNA has some of the best wrestlers in the Knockouts Division. Mickie, Gail Kim, Tara, ODB, Madison Rayne, they are absolutely brilliant and I could never get bored of watching them fight over that belt.

    Now when I watch WWE Divas, I want to fall asleep. They are not interesting, they are not good wrestlers, and they use their actual wrestlers (Natalya, Tamina) like absolute dog crap. I mean.. how is Natalya not Divas Champion??? How was Beth Phoenix constantly beaten with a roll up?

    Letting Velvet Sky go to the WWE would be one of the worst business decisions ever, not just for TNA and it's fans, but Velvet Sky as well. Everyone knows that Vince could care less about who holds that crappy pink Divas title.

    I highly disagree with your statements. And I am sure many others will too. Velvet Sky should come back ASAP and feud with Mickie James over the title. She should be a Heel again, because she was much, much better in that role. We can all relate to super bitches, and she played one perfectly.
    Updated 12-06-2012 at 03:11 PM by kylos
  2. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Wow.. Ok. I don't know where to start with this, but here goes.

    Velvet Sky has become a huge star because of TNA. Before she surfaced in TNA, she was a nobody. She was actually in the Divas Search competition and she didn't get through to the finals.

    What makes you think that the WWE would even want Velvet Sky? I mean... They don't give a single shit about any of their female performers anyway, except maybe AJ and Vickie, and they don't even wrestle.

    Velvet Sky was one of the biggest reasons I tuned into TNA. Yes it is pretty classless of me to say that a big reason is because of just how hot she is, and her ring entrance is just ... well you know? She really does flaunt her stuff like no other woman in wrestling today.

    Letting her go was one of the biggest mistakes TNA ever made. She wasn't just improving dramatically in the ring, she was helping to get others over.
    Bruce Prichard is the reason why the Knockouts have not had the spotlight that they have done in the past. He is not a big fan of women's wrestling apparently, and it clearly shows.

    Regardless, I still think TNA has some of the best wrestlers in the Knockouts Division. Mickie, Gail Kim, Tara, ODB, Madison Rayne, they are absolutely brilliant and I could never get bored of watching them fight over that belt.

    Now when I watch WWE Divas, I want to fall asleep. They are not interesting, they are not good wrestlers, and they use their actual wrestlers (Natalya, Tamina) like absolute dog crap. I mean.. how is Natalya not Divas Champion??? How was Beth Phoenix constantly beaten with a roll up?

    Letting Velvet Sky go to the WWE would be one of the worst business decisions ever, not just for TNA and it's fans, but Velvet Sky as well. Everyone knows that Vince could care less about who holds that crappy pink Divas title.

    I highly disagree with your statements. And I am sure many others will too. Velvet Sky should come back ASAP and feud with Mickie James over the title. She should be a Heel again, because she was much, much better in that role. We can all relate to super bitches, and she played one perfectly.
    I disagree, obviously. And you are basing your part of the argument over your opinions and it's not about what you or I want, but what's good for TNA and the business. Sky has an expendable role.

    Sky is a star in TNA, but only in TNA; she can't even get any bigger beyond that. She can make so much noise like she's doing but the only audience that will hear it are the TNA fans, and this is so out of her expectations. Not in terms of her BOOOOORANG entrance, but her personality & work ethic. TNA is just in no position to turn their talents into mainstream celebrities. They are still too small to do that. If you walk up to a random person and ask them about Velvet Sky, they will have no idea who you're talking about, they might if it were Trish Stratus or Kelly Kelly since they are mainstream personalities thanks to WWE.

    Is there evidence that provides that WWE doesn't "give a single shit" about their performers today? This is a highly subjective opinion with lack of proof. Firstly, the fans are the reason why it's like that today. Fans have always got up to go to the bathroom or changed the channel for years! Do you think that motivates WWE to do better? The Divas do not draw and that is WWE's solution. If Sky thought she was capable of changing that she would have considered it. It's called "breaking the mold" like her friend Kharma was about to do.

    WWE brings their Divas on their tours, they compete a lot and travel so they can perform for you in your hometown. TNA does house shows but not as many and only 2 KOs are allowed to go at a time, and usually only in front of 400-600 fans in a venues often just in Florida, Georgia, and Tennesee. What if I was a fan in Utah or somewhere and wanted to see TNA come to my hometown? I don't want a plane ticket AND a ticket to a theme park just to go to the Impact Zone do you?

    Also the "match length" argument is such a pathetic one, I can't believe the Knockouts still use it in their kayfabe interviews, especially now that at time Divas matches on RAW have been longer than KO matches. (source: Profightdb.com)

    The most appealing Divas get pushed. If there is a Diva like Kelly that the fans like, WWE knows that's whom fans want to invest in and they push her. That's what would happen if the fans gave a shit in even more of them! It doesn't matter how talented they are. Natalya is a great wrestler but she would get pushed if she had more appeal. She's not getting pushed because the crowds don't show they want to give her one!

    Beth on the other hand was used very well in WWE this year much so that she was #2 in the PWI Women's top 50. Women are ranked by talent, storylines, attention, strength of opponents. Etc. She was use exactly the way she was meant to and how did you want her to lose, by a K2 leg drop?

    And I could count using the fingers on my hand of how many fans cared for Tamina vs. Beth earlier in the year. Watch that match again if you can. Not their fault.

    I believe WWE would have wanted her, because as you said, she has come a long way and improved dramatically. I guess it doesn't matter now, she is returning tonight, which has been a complete waste of everybody's time.
    Updated 12-06-2012 at 11:47 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
  3. Xpacfan's Avatar
    Many times headlines make or break my decision to take up the agonizing task of reading a great wall of text like this one...this isn't an exception. So thank you for saving me a lot time.

    A talent like Velvet Sky going to the WWE is basically career suicide. She would probably sink into the same abyss of being seen rather than wrestle that Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly did. TNA does a better job at respecting and displaying the talents of their female roster than WWE...PERIOD.
  4. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan
    Many times headlines make or break my decision to take up the agonizing task of reading a great wall of text like this one...this isn't an exception. So thank you for saving me a lot time.
    Oh, no problem. That's the sooner I get to debunk your statements!

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan
    A talent like Velvet Sky going to the WWE is basically career suicide. She would probably sink into the same abyss of being seen rather than wrestle that Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly did. TNA does a better job at respecting and displaying the talents of their female roster than WWE...PERIOD.
    No it is not, and I shouldn't be having to say this to every person that might comment, but what other options do I have?

    So staying with TNA isn't? What has Sky done there that constitutes as an accomplishment in her career? I guess just winning the title in worthless fashion of 28 days, while Kelly held the Divas title in a meaty 104 days before they had her cough it up. But more importantly as I said this should be done to help TNA & get them some exposure, not only to benefit Sky.

    But just because you said so, that's why I said TNA would have been willing to bring her back any time, and since Sky herself would be getting paid well, getting exposure, and medical attention, it's not really such a big risk. Nobody but me even takes these things into account. Is it so important to you that she has to feud with Mickie, ODB, and Madison for the 50th time? Is it so important to you that KO matches are just a minute longer? Does it mean that much to you? Can you say the same for Sarita, Taeler, Rosita, Brooke, whoever they aren't using right now? Are they getting treated right by missing the shows and making nothing in that time? And what of the KO tag titles? Do I need to explain? I'd like to know what you think all of this. I think it's bullshit.

    If TNA does a better job respecting their women, tell me why Daffney has sued TNA because she has been injured so badly by them that they wouldn't pay for her medical bills which forced her to retire. Yeah, that's so awesome...

    And what does this quote mean, it confuses me: "sink into the same abyss of being seen"?
    Updated 12-07-2012 at 12:03 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
  5. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    The reason for her going back to TNA is confirmed to be because of Sabin and he is said to be back in action around February.
  6. kylos's Avatar
    Velvet Sky got the pop of the night. She made an Impact, and everyone round the world is happy to see her back where she belongs.

    Your arguments make little sense. I could bring up tons of proof behind my points, but the fact you have had no one agree with your statements, and the fact this blog has 1 Star, it shows the quality in this blog is very clearly lacking.

    Tamina vs Beth was the only relevant Divas match in many years. I hope Mickie gets the Knockouts title, and either her or Velvet turn heel and they get a feud going. Knockouts > Divas, end of story.
  7. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Velvet Sky got the pop of the night. She made an Impact, and everyone round the world is happy to see her back where she belongs.
    Saying she belongs in TNA is like saying a Ferrari engine belongs in an army tank. You smarks are so silly & judgmental. Everybody around the world was watching Peyton get it done in Oakland. Is it honestly better than she in back in the IZ, making chintzy coin feuding with Mickie, Madison, and ODB for the 32nd time, and continuously failing to market beyond the company & getting her push blown time and time again? 2013 is her year? That's what they said last year! They only want to keep her so that she doesn't go after her life-ling dream so that she rots & decays to the point that she'll be too old for them. They are fools and are shooting themselves in the foot by not noticing they have a chance to expand if they allow her to move on to bigger and better. They'll always lure people to stay with these BS promises like RVD, Joe, Angle, Bully, etc. All those guys are still due for a world title push. Is Sabin as well? Get in line. The Knockouts would be solid if they included more young original talent, which WWE has been doing a good job with as of late with AJ & Kaitlyn.

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Your arguments make little sense. I could bring up tons of proof behind my points, but the fact you have had no one agree with your statements, and the fact this blog has 1 Star, it shows the quality in this blog is very clearly lacking.
    LOL That doesn't bother me. That only means there are smarks out there like you with the same opinion and disagree with me, it doesn't determine that I'm not right in what I say at all. One star! Oh no! Retreat! LMAO. What's your proof then? You hardly threw back any of my points with your rebuttal, you dodged a lot in fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Tamina vs Beth was the only relevant Divas match in many years. I hope Mickie gets the Knockouts title, and either her or Velvet turn heel and they get a feud going. Knockouts > Divas, end of story.
    The Milwaukee crowds were so DEAD during that match, that's why, bub! You don't hear crowds express any interest for the most talented of Divas. It's called "supply and demand", maybe you've heard of it. Either the crowds have to ball up or they need somebody like Sky that would get them to.

    Wait, wait. LMAO There wasn't even a KOs match this week, and the primary reason you boys are against this idea is because of the KO matches. WWE at least showed us AJ vs Tamina on RAW & a tag match on NXT. And none of those even involved the champion Eve because she was still awaiting to be cleared to compete.

    But as I said before match time is hardly a significant argument, that's like saying you don't like having kickers in the NFL. It's only on ratings based shows because they bring the ratings down. Go see a house show or a PPV and you are bound to experience better because they can't flop on shows that don't have ratings. The IWC think they know so much about the business yet they don't even take business into regard. No wonder why the wrestling business is in decline. At least Angelina & Sarita want to do something about it.

    Also, you are saying she's been so crucial to TNA's marketing yet you want her to turn heel? What other contradictions in your pitch, here? I have already found 2! Oh wait, you also said that AJ doesn't wrestle, that makes 3...

    Admit it, you only want her around because she rubs herself all over the building and she wouldn't be allowed to anywhere else am I right? And I thought TNA was all about the "wrestling" which you've made an effort to say in some form. That's 4! We've all seen her entrance before, so we don't need to see it again.
    Updated 12-08-2012 at 12:34 AM by OneTimePosterShorry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.