View RSS Feed

King MC

Talking Smack: Cena, Cena Cena

Rate this Entry
Another episode of Smackdown has come and gone, which means it’s now time to start Talking Smack!

The Standout

There were a few things that stood out to me on this week’s episode. The first being the unification of Team Hell No. Finally, they are on the same page. All it took was them to get beat down by the Shield on Raw.

The second thing that stood out was Damien Sandow. His segment before his match was hysterical. The fact that Cody Rhodes is injured and the WWE is going to continue pushing Sandow speaks volumes. I doubt that the Prime Time Playas would get the same treatment if one of them were to get injured.

The final thing that stood out to me was the lack of things. I’m talking about the lack of Booker T and the lack of that ridiculous divas storyline involving a blonde wig. I’m sorry, but they’ve been pushing that down the Universe’s throat for months now, and the only advancement in the story is that Aksana admitted to wearing the wig and attacking Kaitlyn. Yet no one seemed to care about that. NO ONE! Not even Kaitlyn. So thank you WWE for doing the right thing and ending that storyline.

The Breakdown

So that no one questions it, I will openly admit that I am not a John Cena fan. I remember his debut against Kurt Angle. I didn’t like him then and I don’t like him now. However, I can see why some people would like him, and I’m not going to bash them for that. I have simply never cared for him.

With that said, I was disappointed, but curious, to see the show starting off with John Cena showing up. It IS Smackdown after all. For the great John Cena to come to the “B” show it must be for some earth shattering reason. I mean, he just beat Dolph Ziggler on Monday so that storyline is over. It has to be the start of something bigger and better. Nope…..John Cena came to Smackdown to brag about beating Dolph Ziggler. Way to go Cena! You overcame the immovable monstrosity known as Dolph Ziggler. That’s right up there with me bragging about tying my shoes. It’s something that I should be able to do easily, it’s something everyone else expects me to do easily, but for some strange reason even when I do exactly what everyone is expecting me to do I need to brag about it.

So there’s that, and then Alberto del Rio comes out…..and starts talking. Not only was he talking but he was talking about nothing. He’s always talking about nothing. Alberto del Rio is the Seinfeld of wrestling. Then Cena decides to make a match and he can do this because he’s John Cena.

I will say this, this match was pretty decent and one of favorite of the night. They both hit some nice spots, and there was a lot of back and forth action. I did notice that Cena’s knee injury that shows up when he fights against Ziggler didn’t show up here, but whatever. Injuries have a way of not remembering storylines too.

Great Khali vs David Otunga – Why?

Team Hell No and Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barret and Prime Time Playas was entertaining, even with the predictability of the match. I do love that we’re still weeks away from the TLC PPV and there is an actual storyline for the Intercontinental Championship. Also, did you see the way Titus O’Neil threw Daniel Bryan? Sick.

The Damien Sandow vs. Tyson Kidd match was just done to give Sandow some momentum. That’s fine with me, because more wins and air time can only be a good thing when it comes to this superstar.

The Usos vs. 3MB. I guess the good thing here is that the members of 3MB are finally starting to win matches. You can only watch people job so many times. I’m just a little peeved that it had to happen at the Usos expense.

The Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler match was definitely my favorite match of the night. This is the feud I want to see. I don’t believe that Ziggler can beat John Cena, not in his current form anyway. I think he would have a better shot at beating Sheamus. The matches that these two could have would be top notch, as was proven by this match. Sadly, the Big Show got involved and then Cena got involved. That means either on Raw or Smackdown we are going to get a tag match involving these four. Sigh.

Key Players

Damien Sandow
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus

Thanks for reading this issue of Talking Smack. Do you feel the same? Have a different view point? Let me know in the comment section.

Submit "Talking Smack: Cena, Cena Cena" to Digg Submit "Talking Smack: Cena, Cena Cena" to del.icio.us Submit "Talking Smack: Cena, Cena Cena" to StumbleUpon Submit "Talking Smack: Cena, Cena Cena" to Google

Comments

Could you elaborate on your opinions on Dolph's current form? it hasn't been bad at all IMO.
    What I mean by his current form is how he's booked. Ziggler is one of my favorites. I think he's an amazing wrestler. He just loses all the time.
    Nice blog, I will agree with you not caring much for Cena. I see Cena becoming the HHH of WWE. Vince had HHH and let HHH become champ anytime he wanted to. I can see HHH having Cena as his guy and letting Cena have a title match and win anytime he wants.

Of course we will see Cena/Sheamus vs Show/Ziggler on Raw. Waste of time if you ask me. It's time WWE lets Ziggler shine, having Ziggler fued with Sheamus would setup nice for his MITB cash in.

Best part of your blog was the mention of the storyline injury going away during Cena's match against ADR, yet showing up against Ziggler.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.