View RSS Feed

Jaydash

Jason's Thoughts: TNA Impact Wrestling 11-29-12

Rate this Entry
Unfortunately i experiencenced some computer problems and the site did not auto save my work so i will be summarizing some stuff instead of a full report.

Hulk Hogan/Bully/Brooke/Aries segment
This segment was going to be a train wreck until Aries came in and saved it, this storyline may be bland and boring but has Aries ever been more hilarious?
Rating: 3/5 stars

Mickie James vs Gail Kim
Pretty good match, had some good back and forth and gave mickie some nice momentum heading into her match with Tara

James/AJ segment
It was pretty good talking by both men and got me hyped for later

X Divison Contendership segments
I really enjoyed these segments the men did great when it came to talking and i enjoyed the exchange of words by Aries and Hogan all together these segments get.....
Rating: 4/5 stars

Bobby Roode/Christian York segment
Great mic work, a epic slap and a challenge for a match what more can you ask for when it comes to great segments?

Yorke vs Roode
It was ok, it was pretty dull and boring at times aswell as a little slow a real step down from his preformance last week.
Rating: 2.5/5 stars

Aces Segment
It was ok for what it was nothing fantastic

Gutcheck Discussion/Backstage segments
I enjoyed these segments of course you had the typical discussion with pros and cons and then you got the abscense of Al Snow with it being revealed D'Lo Brown will be replacing him

Kaz and Daniels vs Storm and AJ
This was a spectacular matchup with good back and forth and alot of nice spots i also liked the problems AJ and Storm were having through out the match
Rating: 4/5 stars

Joe segment
Nice work by joe not much to say
Rating: 2.9/5

Doug vs Matt Morgan
As soon as Morgan came out i knew Doug has no damn chance. This was a quick and very stale match plus squash matches are trash and very lazy to me if there is no point to me he should have wrestled someone relevant to him like Chavo or Hernadez
Rating: 2/5 stars

Gutcheck Judging- Wes Brisco
This was a very suprising,compelling and emotional Gutcheck with the judges mentioning real problems like ring work, this was a huge step up in intensity from last months
Rating: 3.5/5

Backstage segments (ODB, Aries/Hogan and Hogan/Bully)
These segments were not really notable or important besides a few remarks etc the best one out of the bunch is Aries/Hogan all together these segments are.....

RVD vs Austin Aries (X Divison Title Match)
This was a fantastic match with great spots by both RVD and Austin Aries, that had me at the edge of my seat wondering who would win....until Bully would come and eff the whole thing up by fighting Aries after a few comments he made about Brooke, i just hate when a good match ends in DQ. The show ends with Bully and Hogan staring down.
Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Overall: I give this a 7.5 because even though it was good it still had a few boring and pointless things and compared to other episodes it does not look that awesome.

Extra Comments: Well i know you guys enjoy my reviews of WWE ppvs and Impact Wrestling but how would you guys feel if i reviewed ROH or even NXT from time to time? I hope you enjoyed this blog and have a great day guys.

Submit "Jason's Thoughts: TNA Impact Wrestling 11-29-12" to Digg Submit "Jason's Thoughts: TNA Impact Wrestling 11-29-12" to del.icio.us Submit "Jason's Thoughts: TNA Impact Wrestling 11-29-12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jason's Thoughts: TNA Impact Wrestling 11-29-12" to Google

Comments

I dont evef have the time to watch nxt to itd be nice to have somethimg to read to keep me informed of up and coming talent.
    I watched that RVD v Aries match and thought it was really pretty meh. Basically the same ole RVD stuff that has been stale for 10 years now. I just can't buy into the midget Aries. Then the awful ending with Buh Buh & Hogan (was he stoned BTW? His eyes were incredibly blood shot).
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl
    I watched that RVD v Aries match and thought it was really pretty meh. Basically the same ole RVD stuff that has been stale for 10 years now. I just can't buy into the midget Aries. Then the awful ending with Buh Buh & Hogan (was he stoned BTW? His eyes were incredibly blood shot).

That's crazy because I thought this was one of RVDs better matches in a while. The split leg was nice to see since he hasn't used it on TV in awhile, and the elevated drop kick (picked Aries up for a back body drop, just to kick him in the face) was pretty cool. RVD missing the corkscrew and Aries hitting the neck breaker across the guardrail, RVD with a spin kick to stop the suicide dive, Aries going for the 5star and RVD actually selling in this match... Yet you say it's the "same ole RVD stuff" when this match was RVDs best work in a long while? You are entitled to your opinion for sure, but seeing RVD give Aries quite a bit of dominant offense, allowing Aries to mock him so much (I loved the Rolling Thunder Elbow from Aries), and bringing out some of his older moves we haven't seen in a while doesn't equal the same "stale" stuff from RVD... At least not to me.

And seriously, did anyone expect these guys to have a clean finish? Aries/Bully was heating up all night so we all expected it. I thought Aries grabbing the mic in midmatch was a nice way to set up the run in. For this being the first time these two have met on an "Impact Live" show, I was very pleased with the match... And the finish set up the chance for this to be a PPV match down the line that would be great. Some people might not be able to get behind Aries, and that is perfectly fine to me; however, Aries has a special ability to bring out the best in his opponents. I for one think that is a trait that makes him (as well as Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Joe, Styles) such a great performer(s) currently competing in the ring.
    I never watch TNA, so when I saw RVD, I saw the same ole same ole stuff I'd seen 10 years ago. Just wasnt that impressed. But, my main question is... was Hogan high?

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.