View RSS Feed

Skyward Cinema

"Realistic" Mania 29 Prediction Card Proper

Rate this Entry
Pre-show Battle Royale

Tensai, Zach Ryder, Tyson Kidd, The Great Khali, Alex Riley, JTG, Hunico, Curt Hawkins, Ezekiel Jackson, Trent Barreta, Yoshi Tatsu, Michael McGillicutty, Justin Gabriel, Ted DiBiase, Hornswoggle, Brodus Clay, Mason Ryan, Evan Bourne, R-Truth, Fandango

Winner: Fandango

The perennial "let's get everyone on the roster in a Mania match" preshow battle royale. Perhaps a couple surprising names here, but as you will see, this is pretty much a stacked Mania card.

How we got here: None needed.

Likelyhood: Take it to the bank.

MATCH #1: WWE Tag Team Championship 6-team Tornado Elimination Match

Kane & Daniel Bryan (C) vs Cody Rhodes & Damian Sandow vs Jey and Jimmy Uso vs Darren Young & Titus O'Neil vs Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs Primo & Epico

Winner and new Tag Team Champs: Cody Rhodes & Damian Sandow

Exactly what it looks like - a clusterbomb match with all of the tag teams involved in a tornado-style match. The final three men in the matchup (Kane, Damian Sandow, and Titus O'Neil) get taken out by a vengeful 3MB (Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre) for not being involved on the card (ref bump, or make it no-DQ). In the aftermath, O'Neil manages to pin Kane, then suffers from a well-timed Cross Rhodes giving the Rhodes Scholars the victory.

Likelyhood: Unlikely, but why not?

MATCH #2: Bare-knuckle Brawl Match

William Regal vs Wade Barrett

Winner: Wade Barrett

This match will serve similarly for Barrett as Edge's match against Mick Foley at Mania 22 - albeit without the flaming table and bloodshed (unfortunately). As you'll see down the card with the scenarios I lay out, Barrett shouldn't suffer from not being in a main-event match and since he's on the rise, a match like this could serve to do him wonders. Expect a ton of physicality and a good buildup from Regal as this would likely be his swan song - unless he pulls out a heroic performance which could give him a rub towards being in the WHC picture later in the year (fanboys wetdream, eh?). Either way, Barrett emerges, barely, in what will be known as his signature match for years.

How we got here: Not needed.

Likelyhood: Decent

MATCH #3: Attraction Match

Sheamus vs Mark Henry

Winner: Mark Henry

I think with Henry back, built up again to be an unstoppable monster, could be a good opportunity for a decent match between Henry and Sheamus in the undercard of Mania. Doesn't give Sheamus much to do, but they could begin a rivarly here that escalates into the upper card of post-Mania PPV's - ending up with one or both of them back in the WHC hunt.

How we got here: See WHC match.

MATCH #4: World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton (C) vs Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz

Winner and new Champion: The Miz

Went back and forth with all the possible permutations here and had several different matches in mind. However, it does seem that Orton is going to be in the title hunt soon, whether face or heel, and coming into Mania as champion and losing would seem to be a good way to begin the heel process - perhaps even feuding with a face Miz post-Mania. As explained below, after Orton defeats Ziggler in the SD EC match, Miz announces he wants to face Orton being the winner of the 2013 Rumble. Of course, Ziggler wants his return match after facing 5 other men and a returning Henry at EC, so we have a triple threat return in a main event of Mania. Two "future cornerstones" against the vet Orton - should be an exciting matchup.

How we got here: TLC - Sheamus beats Show, Ziggler cashes, Ziggler new champ; RR: Ziggler v Show vs Sheamus, Ziggler retains, Miz wins Rumble; EC: Chamber match for WHC, Mark Henry returns, lays out Sheamus. Ziggler uses distraction to pin Sheamus, then eats an RKO from Orton who pins Ziggler.

MATCH #5: Attraction Tag Team Match

Christian, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella vs Alberto Del Rio, Antonio Cesaro, David Otunga

Winner: Christian, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella

Filler, filler, and more filler. Did I mention filler? Six guys who will likely be on the outside looking in as far as the upper card goes, and with so much to follow and a decent mix of talent here, could be better than it sounds.

HALFWAY THERE PYRO...WOOHOO!!!

Match #6: Loser Retires Forever Match

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

Winner: Brock Lesnar

The two premier matches below pretty much leave this match as the only possibility for these two, and at least gives closure on what is sort of an open wound to this rivalry. Now, they've got quite a bit of work to do to rebuild this matchup, as at least in my opinion, they destoyed quite a bit of potential with their lackluster match at Summerslam. The build for this would be similar to HBK's final match and gives the proper stage and feel for H's final in-ring performance. However, for this to work, I want to see what I thought I was going to see at SS - Bane vs Batman type brutality. I want to feel like H, who comes in in tip-top shape, musters all he can but simply cannot overcome the brute physicality of Lesnar. It puts Lesnar back over as a dominant heel destoyer rather than the sniveling crying Lesnar who quits every other week and gives the next year of Lesnar (probable since I can't see how he wouldn't go for another year at his previous money/workload) as something we have to see. I don't H will mind putting Lesnar over in his farewell match as long as Lesnar signs for another year or two, especially with Mania 30 looming next year.

How we got here: Could happen a multitude of ways - could be as simple as H coming out to make an announcement and Lesnar interferes, or he calls him out. Or Lesnar returns at the RAW after the Rumble and starts the roll towards Mania.

Likelyhood: Perhaps

MATCH #7: Attraction Match

Big Show vs Ryback

Winner: Ryback

As has been reported lately, this matchup would give Ryback a little bit of a needed infusement after his couple of title matches in the latter stages of 2013. Not much else to say, but seems to be a good bet in happening.

Summary: Meh...haha.

Likelyhood: Probable

MATCH #8: Streak Match

Undertaker vs CM Punk

Winner: Undertaker

It's a fresh matchup for the Deadman and obviously high profile. There would even be some that would undoubtedly think that Punk has a shot to end the streak. The lead-up as explained below keeps Taker fresh until EC, and then the 5-week build to Mania really begins. Punk's attitude and defiance against the mainstay that is the Undertaker. In one man's opinion, this match could easily be one of the best in Mania history.

How we got here: As somewhat explained below until EC, although there would be subtle hints in the lead-up to EC that would "pay off" at the PPV. EC - Punk vs Rock, Taker's gong hits, lights go out while Rock is down. Taker tombstones Punk, disappears. Rock wonders what happened, sees Punk down, reluctantly pins him.

MATCH #9: Random Diva's Match (aka Bathroom Break)

AJ, Eve, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Kaitlyn, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tamina Snuka, maybe Vicki Guerrero.

Winner: Our bladders

No clue here. Hopefully something with kickstart a decent woman's feud. Perhaps something around Eve, Tamina, AJ, and Vicki. Either way, all of them will likely be involved in some form or fashion. I wish these Diva Mania matches mattered, but sadly, they haven't really since Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus at Mania 22.

Likelyhood: 1,000,000%

MATCH #10: WWE Championship

The Rock (C) vs John Cena

Winner and new WWE Champion: John Cena

After running through several different scenarios, this one seems the most likely centering around the WWE Title. CM Punk was the beneficiary of a historical run with the title, surpassing Cena's modern-day record run. But there's little doubt that Rocky is going to have his title match at the Rumble and not lose. The question on everyone's mind is how long would Rock hold the strap, since his schedule around this time will be hectic to say the least. However, I see this as Rock's swan song, and as such, I don't think he will mind being champ and promoting WWE while promoting GI JOE and continuing to work on other projects.

As far as performing at the Elimination Chamber, I'd say if the Rumble winner (Miz) goes for the WHC, the RAW Chamber match would be for the right to face the WWE Champion at Mania - leaving Rock a one-on-one return matchup against Punk. Here is where Punk's Mania course takes off (more below), giving Rock a somewhat tainted win, but gets him through to Mania against the Chamber winner - one John Cena. You have to think that with Rock winning at Mania 28, there was a plan in place for him to return the favor, with the title, cementing Cena as this era's #1 guy. Like it or not, it's a great way for Rock to put Cena over, and brings his 3-year return full circle.

How we got here: TLC - Punk retains; RR - Rock wins title; EC - Cena wins RAW Chamber, Rock beats Punk to retain

-----

Only current roster members not on card: Jack Swagger, Camacho

Swagger could be the repackaged returner on the next night's RAW, while Camacho I though was on his way out. Stick him in the pre-show Royale is he's still around.

Special note: Bet your bottom dollar that The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns) will be involved high-profile in some way. They probably won't have a match, but they might get involved in Punk's match, or maybe even a couple matches on the card.

Took a while to come up with this one, so I'm eager to hear thoughts. Hope you enjoyed it and who knows - maybe some of it will happen.

Submit ""Realistic" Mania 29 Prediction Card Proper" to Digg Submit ""Realistic" Mania 29 Prediction Card Proper" to del.icio.us Submit ""Realistic" Mania 29 Prediction Card Proper" to StumbleUpon Submit ""Realistic" Mania 29 Prediction Card Proper" to Google

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Great job, I'd buy that PPV.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.