View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

The Splash: My Thoughts on RAW gloing to 3 hours

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

What’s up Splashers! I’ve noticed a couple of people have been writing about RAW, and how they feel about the 3 hour lineup that started on the 1000th episode. To be honest with you I’m still not sold the idea myself. I’ve been watching RAW each week, and I’m trying to find out what exactly does this extra hour give us? The WWE said it would give us “more entertainment and more action”. Well I’m seeing more and more… but not of entertainment and action…

More Commercials:
Any TV show you watch will take a standard quarterly hour commercial break (That’s 4 in an hour for those of you who can’t keep track ). And the WWE is no exception to the rule. In Fact, they take MORE commercial breaks than the average TV Show. So RAW has already given us MORE commercial breaks.

More endorsement promos:
Before I get on this one, I do think it’s a great thing that the WWE is supporting all these great causes and charities. However I don’t think it needs to be shoved in our face 3 or 4 times a night. If these causes were so valuable and important, why not take up a commercial slot? That would take money out of their pocket…and that’s a no-no.

A similar thing that RAW has been done, that I think is rather disgusting, is they have taken a serious situation like Jerry “The King” Lawler’s Heart attack 2 months ago, and turned it into a storyline! It was pretty sad how the WWE had to show Jerry being revived in the back on RAW over and over. You know the company is just milking this thing on all 6 tits. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a DVD out of it.

More Recaps:
I don’t know about all of you, but I have a DVR. Even Still I can’t remember missing too many wrestling shows even before the days of DVR’s. So why does the WWE feel the need to re-cap…then re-re-cap some of the same shit we’ve seen just 2 hours before? Do they think our memory is that short? Or could it be that they really have nothing else to fill the show up with? They obviously have run out of commercial and endorsement time, so they just fill up the rest with recaps. I guess the idea of MORE MATCHES must have eluded them somewhere along the line.

Now that I’ve gotten all the bad shit out of the way, there is actually SOME…yes JUST some good stuff. With a whole hour added, you figure there would be a lot, but there really isn’t. Some of the matches have been extended a couple of minutes, and yes if you want to keep count there might be an extra match. But if you add in all the extra crap above, all your really getting is 5-10 minutes of extra action.

Hell the WWE even had to add 2 more shows during the week, just to make some of these storylines fit! I guess that proves that extra hour really wasn’t needed. WHY? Because they didn’t DO anything with it!

Hulu Plus will give you the whole RAW show from start to finish…Minus all the unneeded crap and commercials, and the show is only 1hour & 30 minutes! What does that say about the heavy advertising and promoting the WWE is doing?

Should RAW have gone to 3 hours: I’m sorry I just don’t see the need. If they put better quality in The Main Event, and stop killing that off with loaded commercials, then 3 hour RAW is just not needed. Of course the WWE won’t think that with extra money in their pockets.

Well that’s it for this one. As always feel free to post any comments below. Also I am starting up an internet radio show called: Hardcore Wrestling Radio. Right now is aired Wednesday nights at 11pm ET, but as the show grows, more shows will air. Check the link below for more info. Until next time…See you when I see you. -RickStarr

Submit "The Splash: My Thoughts on RAW gloing to 3 hours" to Digg Submit "The Splash: My Thoughts on RAW gloing to 3 hours" to del.icio.us Submit "The Splash: My Thoughts on RAW gloing to 3 hours" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Splash: My Thoughts on RAW gloing to 3 hours" to Google

Comments

I'm pretty sure the "Raw should or shouldn't be 3 hrs" blogs have beaten this topic to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I'm pretty sure the "Raw should or shouldn't be 3 hrs" blogs have beaten this topic to death.
    LOL!! As always Savior has never has real opinion on the topic at hand. Then again, sheep like him never really do. The moron never even read my first sentence, where I said people were talking about the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    LOL!! As always Savior has never has real opinion on the topic at hand. Then again, sheep like him never really do. The moron never even read my first sentence, where I said people were talking about the subject.
    Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    Sheep like me? A moron who never read the first sentence? When you know how to define such things, then maybe you will sound intelligent in your commentary. Seeing as all I said was, the topic was beaten to death, with no mention whatsoever about whether your blog was good or bad, I fail to see where I'm a moron.

As for sheep, you don't see me posting a blog on a topic that was already posted on twice in a week. In fact, I see that you have done so, just like a follower. Just like...A Sheep.

Try Again
    Hmm, fist Blog I saw when logging on here tonight was about the Montreal Screw Job. If repetition of topics is a crime, then I fear for the freedom of this site...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.