View RSS Feed

T-Hughes35

Sudden Impact: November 8, 2012: D.O.C. Makes His Presence Known

Rate this Entry
http://www.impactwrestling.com/makeanimpact

http://www.spike.com/shows/hire-a-vet

Welcome all wrestling fans to this week’s edition of “Sudden Impact.” Where it is all Total Non-Stop Action, and no plagiarism from the Sports Entertainment Monopoly at Titan Towers. I’m T-Hughes35 filling in this week for the DK Wrestling Savior. Now let’s get down to business.

We open with a recap of last week’s episode of Open Fight Night, and then we’re taken to the secret hideout of the Aces and the 8s. I really like the “Son’s Of Anarchy” style of persona that the Aces and 8s dawn upon. It’s something that’s both different and exciting. The Aces and 8s is the type of storyline that a wrestling fan can get excited for, and credit goes to both Bischoff and Pritchard for coming up with what might just be the storyline of the year.

I also really enjoy the new format of different commentators for each hour of the telecast. It’s somewhat of a nice reminiscent of the old days of WCW Nitro when TNT had Tony Schiavone and “The Living Legend” Larry Zbyszko doing Hour 1, and had Eric Bischoff and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan doing Hour 2.
Todd Keneley and Jeremy Borash make a great play-by-play team, and I hope to see more of them in the future.

Match 01: AJ Styles vs. Bobby Roode
Great Match, and a great way to open the show. The Cowboy James Storm was on commentary, and it was a nice way to set up their Triple Threat Match on Sunday at Turning Point.
Winner: Bobby Roode at about 23:00

We then received a backstage segment with “The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived,” and “The Almighty Hulkster”. Hogan then gave Aries an ultimatum stating that if he does not return the “old” world title belt to Jeff Hardy’s possession, the match at Turning Point is off. Then Aries started accusing Hollywood of drinking Jeff Hardy’s Kool-Aid.

We come back from commercial break, and Joseph Park is in the ring. He wants Aces and 8s at Turning Point. So, he calls out Hogan to make the match official. Hogan does come out, but he tries to talk Park out of it when Bully Ray’s music hits. Bully then tells Hulk that Parks has heart, and the rest of the Hulk-a-maniacs have his back. Wanting in on Aces and 8s too, he begs Hogan to make the match, and Hogan does just that. So at Turning Point, it’s going to be Joseph Park vs. the D.O.C.

8:41 p.m.:
Match 02: 2-on-1 Mixed Handicap Match:
TNA Knockout’s Tag-Team Champion: ODB vs. TNA Knockout’s Champion: Tara and Jesse

I’ll be one to admit, I am not a fan of this storyline with Tara and her “Big Name Hollywood Boyfriend” Jesse from CBS’s Big Brother. I really hoped that it would be someone worth while, but someone who’s pretty much a nobody? I was kind of expecting it’d be someone like a Scott Baio or someone that is on a Bischoff-Hervey produced show, but this clown? COME ON! The “Who-Are-You?” chants at Bound For Glory last month didn’t help this case any better. EY better be there this Sunday at Turning Point. Or this storyline will get very stale.
I am also not a fan of Taryn Tarrell, especially when it comes to her past. In my opinion, she’s not a good referee. Torrie Wilson would make a better female referee than this wannabe playboy bunny.

Winner: TNA Knockout’s Tag Team Champion: ODB in under 4:00

Backstage segment of Christian York’s Gut Check discussion happened next. With his performance last week, I hope it’s a yes.

8:53 p.m. Match 03: Tag-Team Match:
Kurt Angle and Sting
vs.
Devon and D.O.C.
It’s great to see Sting back dawning the old school TNA face paint. It better suits him, especially in this storyline.
I liked the way that this match started out like it was a street fight, but then it turned back into an old school Tag-Team contest.

Winners: Kurt Angle and Sting by DQ in 12:00
Post-Match: Bully Ray came out, set up a table, and Devon hit the bricks. Aces and 8s then showed up and beat the holy hell out of Sting. What a beat-down it was. Everyone played it off like he’s going to be off of television for sometime. It made for some really good wrestling television. It was one of the best Tenay-Taz calls that I have heard in a long time.

At 9:12 p.m., I discovered that #IMPACTLive was trending worldwide. It has over the past few weeks, but this time, it was the #2 trend in the world. Just under the promotion of the #LastStandTrailer. Pretty cool I think.

We then got a promo of the IMPACT Wrestling World Tour. I just wish they would announce that they were taping IMPACT at these locations instead of just doing LIVE Events. I’ll expand further on this in a later blog, but TNA really needs to start taking IMPACT on the road every week.

GUT CHECK REVELATION TIME:
The moment of truth has arrived for Christian York. Just a reminder that the next TNA Gut Check tryout takes place from Fargo, North Dakota on December 1st.
I really hope he gets signed, let’s go to the judges scorecards:
TAZ: “…you have that IT FACTOR.” YES!
Bruce Pritchard: “…you haven’t had the chance, my answers YES, Welcome to IMPACT Wrestling.”
For the first time ever, a clean sweep of yes’s on the judges scorecard.
That was also a great post speech promo that Christian York gave. Very inspiring. According to several reports on Twitter, it was quite an emotional night for him backstage and for good reason. Congratulations to you Mr. York and I hope to see more of you in the future.

We then got a rundown of the match-card at TNA Turning Point.

9:30 p.m.: Match 04: Six-Man Tag-Team Match:
Brutus Magnus, Kazarian, and Christopher Daniels
vs.
TNA Tag Team Champion: Hernandez, TNA Tag Team Champion: Chavo Guerrero, and TNA Television Champion: Samoa Joe
A nice 6 Man Tag-Team Match that featured the “Direct Impact of The Night”. Also, apparently Christopher Daniels is Gangnam Style. #OhDearGod
Winners at 17:00: Brutus Magnus, Kazarian, and Christopher Daniels

The Main Event Segment of the evening had Austin Aries in the ring. Earlier in the evening, Hulk Hogan said that Aries needed to give back the TNA Title to Jeff Hardy or forfeit his title opportunity at Turning Point.
“The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived” then cut a rather nice promo about “Beating Hardy at his own game”. He also did a nice owning of the crowd with the What? Chants.
“Creatures, HERE WE GO!” as Jeff Hardy attempted to send one final message to Aries. However, it was Aries that countered and sent Hardy flying.
It then showed Aries standing tall over Hardy with the belts as IMPACT went off the air.

Overall, this week’s IMPACT was very well done and very entertaining. Even though we only had four matches, the storylines were so well put together that it can keep your eyes set to the TV so you can see what happens. This was also one of the most socially involved episodes of IMPACT that I have ever seen. It was nice to see three moments of the broadcast being able to trend worldwide on Twitter.

Well folks, that concludes this week’s edition of Sudden Impact.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: TheTMoney35
Follow me on both TOUT and KEEK: @TheTMoney35
And as always, Follow me on Twitter: @T_Hughes35

Peace on the streets, and Be Safe Everyone. I’m T-Hughes35, Till We Meet Again.

Submit "Sudden Impact: November 8, 2012: D.O.C. Makes His Presence Known" to Digg Submit "Sudden Impact: November 8, 2012: D.O.C. Makes His Presence Known" to del.icio.us Submit "Sudden Impact: November 8, 2012: D.O.C. Makes His Presence Known" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sudden Impact: November 8, 2012: D.O.C. Makes His Presence Known" to Google

Comments

Excellent coverage of last weeks Sudden Impact. I'm especially glad someone was able to take the bull by the horns, and continue "The Saviors'" work. What with last nights Turning Point being an absolute success, I'm looking forward to seeing how TNA plays out the whole scenario with Morgan. I've got high hopes they kick him into heavyweight title contention sooner rather than later. Either way, here's to hoping DK does a Turning Point review!

Great Blog bud!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.