View RSS Feed

straightuptagteammatch

Undertaker's Streak: A Hypothetical Fantasy Booking Blog

Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
I don't think Undertaker's streak will end before he retires unless the guy who finally beats him turns out to be the next Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair or otherwise. However if Vince McMahon came up to me and said, "Son, I need you to think of a way to retire the Undertaker at Wrestlemania and end the streak", this is probably how I would do it. With a cash-in. In real life I think it would be cool to happen but only because I know they'd never do it. I'm not sure how I'd react if it happened.

- - -

In the build-up to the Royal Rumble, Undertaker can come back on Raw and cut a promo about how he's the last living legend in the WWE and that he can feel that his time is drawing to a close. He announces that the next Wrestlemania will be his final match and for that reason he wants his final match to be against who he considers to be the best the WWE has to offer. For that reason he calls out the WWE Champion, who in this hypothetical scenario is CM Punk. He pretty much shoots down the idea straight away, saying that there's no way in hell he'd want to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Taker promises that one way or another, he'll be in the WWE Championship match at Wrestlemania.

Mr. Money in the Bank Dolph Ziggler isn't happy about Undertaker's arrival, given that he thought he was close to getting the chance to cash in on CM Punk. Now that Undertaker is around, he's not so confident. Cena runs into Undertaker backstage and says that he wishes Undertaker the best of luck in his quest for a WWE Title match and announces that he's in the running to face CM Punk as well because he'll be in the Royal Rumble. Undertaker says nothing and walks off.

Fast forward a few weeks to the Rumble. CM Punk is facing an unlikely challenger (for the sake of naming someone, let's pretend it's Mysterio) to defend his WWE Title, which he retains. Dolph Ziggler seems to think Undertaker has left WWE again and is in high spirits. in the Rumble match, Orton, Miz, Cena and Kingston are battling it out with one person left to go. Miz and Orton get knocked out of the match by the faces Kingston and Cena and agree to wait for #30 to come out, eliminate him and then see who the better man is. The timer counts down and nobody comes out. Then a gong goes off and the lights go out. When they come back on Undertaker is in the ring and he eliminates Kofi Kingston. Cena looks terrified. They battle for ten minutes, Cena is already exhausted. Ultimately Undertaker wins when he catches Cena's shoulderblock and quickly dunks him over the top rope. The Undertaker is going to Wrestlemania.

In the run-up to Elimination Chamber, Cena is desperate to get into that WWE title match and is going crazy that he won't get another chance to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania if he can't do it this time. He tells CM Punk that he's jealous but Punk wants nothing of it. He doesn't want to face Undertaker but he doesn't want to relinquish his WWE Championship to anyone else. Ziggler on the other hand is back in a slump, before Undertaker came back he was bragging about how he was going to cash in and win the WWE Title to be the champion going into Wrestlemania. Now he feels as if the glory has been stolen away from him.

Cena continues to go crazy as we head to Elimination Chamber, where he's involved in the Elimination Chamber match with Punk and four other guys. Dolph Ziggler has challenged Undertaker to a match, where if he wins he'll be allowed in the WWE Title match instead of Undertaker. Taker accepted the match, saying that Ziggler won't be able to succeed. In the end, Undertaker pulled out the victory but paid tribute to Ziggler for not resorting to cheating by doing his deadman on one knee pose in front of him. Ziggler looks scared but Undertaker tips his cap to him and leaves as a sign of respect. In the Chamber match, Punk's paranoia of facing the Undertaker combined with his fear of losing the WWE Title before Wrestlemania proves to be his downfall as John Cena wins the WWE Title.

The final build-up to Wrestlemania includes John Cena realizing what he's done, as if he feels like he's just signed his soul to the Undertaker. He still wants the match but says he didn't realize the enormity of the challenge until it was etched in stone that it was definitely going to happen. CM Punk wants a rematch but realizes that if he gets it and wins, he'll be in the same position as before: Having to fight the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Instead, he decides to calm down and wait. He knows Undertaker is retiring at Wrestlemania and would rather face Cena or someone else for the title, whether it's around Cena's waist or vacated. What CM Punk would do for Wrestlemania has me at a loss, so let's pretend he pissed off Austin on a Raw in Texas and they kept battling week after week to do a quick build for Punk/Austin.

Wrestlemania. Ziggler is in an interpromotional Fatal-4-Way but is found laid out backstage with a huge dent in his briefcase. The 4 Way becomes a triple threat and Ziggler misses his match. Punk/Austin happens and is an awesome match. Cena/Taker is the final match of the night and also the longest. Taker is busted open towards the end and has kicked out of 2 AA's. John Cena has kicked out of a Chokeslam and a Last Ride, he's been to wily for Taker to hit the tombstone yet. He hits the tombstone and Cena kicks out in the nick of time. Undertaker looks beat as hell. He goes for Old School for Cena catches him and plants him down in the third AA of the night and locks in an STF. Undertaker is shouting in pain and looks as if he's to tap but eventually gets to the ropes. Both men lay down exhausted and get up just before ten. They start to slug it out until Cena starts building up speed. Shoulder block. Another shoulder block. Undertaker misses a clothesline and Cena hits a spinout powerbomb. He signals for another five knuckle shuffle. He comes back off the ropes and drops the fist but Undertaker locks in Hells Gate! Cena's locked in the middle of the ring and after almost ten seconds of torture, he taps out.

Undertaker goes over in his retiring match and wins the WWE Championship, the crowd is happy. They both get up in the middle of the ring, battered and a bit bloody. Cena puts Undertaker over as the biggest Icon in the history of Pro Wrestling and hands Taker the mic before leaving the ring, joining in with the applause of the crowd. Taker cuts a short promo from the heart, somewhat out of character. He thanks the fans for everything they've done and recounts the toll of damage he's taken over his career. He says he's happy that it's over but wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world. He's close to tears and is about to sign off until... Dolph Ziggler's music hits. He comes running out with a referee and the briefcase. He looks absolutely fresh and there's no bandages on him or anything. He faked the attack backstage to keep himself fresh for this cash-in. Taker doesn't argue back at Ziggler but looks horrified, he can't believe this is the same man he paid repsect to only a month ago.

The match starts and Ziggler attempts a ZigZag straight away but is thrown off Taker's back. He's caught with a chokeslam almost immediately but kicks out at 2. He hits Taker with the legdrop bulldog but only gets a 2. Taker lifts Dolph up and goes for the Last Ride but Dolph rolls over Taker's head and lands on his back in a sleeperhold. Taker begins to get choked out and his hands are steadily falling. The referee goes for the long count. 1... Taker is looking weak. 2... Ziggler's on the verge of winning... 3--No! Taker bursts back to life and manages to shove Ziggler back around for a Tombstone but Ziggler punches Taker's knee and gets dropped down. Ziggler goes for a running clothesline but Taker grabs him by the neck, he goes for a chokeslam but it's reversed into a ZigZag! He goes for the cover. 1...2...3!!

Ziggler is the new WWE Champion! He beat Undertaker on the grandest stage of them all and ended the legendary streak! He grabs the WWE Title from the referee and soaks in the glory of the moment as the crowd explodes with hostility. Ziggler goes on to proclaim himself better than Undertaker and everyone he's ever fought. The main event of Extreme Rules would be Ziggler vs CM Punk vs John Cena for the WWE Title.

- - -

Too long did not read? Long story short: Build a feud around Undertaker wanting to face the WWE Champion at Mania in his final match, where Cena is trying desperately to get the title so he can face Undertaker. In their match, Undertaker wins the title only for Dolph Ziggler to cash in on him.

Submit "Undertaker's Streak: A Hypothetical Fantasy Booking Blog" to Digg Submit "Undertaker's Streak: A Hypothetical Fantasy Booking Blog" to del.icio.us Submit "Undertaker's Streak: A Hypothetical Fantasy Booking Blog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Undertaker's Streak: A Hypothetical Fantasy Booking Blog" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    let me make this short. Ziggler? End the streak? About as likely as Hornswoggle.
    I understand that this is a fantasy booking, as I can only imagine you fantasize about Ziggay a lot, but seriously? Ziggler ending the Streak with an MITB cash in? That's really weak.

The booking was nice, save for the part where Undertaker pays respect for Ziggay after their EC match. Taker barely paid any respect to HBK in their two matches, or HHH in their first match. Also, the part where Taker looks horrified when Ziggay comes out? NOT QUITE.

But like I said, it was booked well, and there were some good ideas there. I did like how you kept Punk & Cena involved and ended with a Cena/Taker WM match.
    @Karsten Langenfeld: FANTASY BOOKING

@DK Wrestling Savior: Reason I chose Ziggler is because I've thought it's a bit odd that he hadn't broken into the main event before and he is a great worker. I'm not sure if anyone else could do the cash-in and make it look anywhere near as good. (Of course I'm a fan of the guy too.)

As for ending the streak with a cash-in, sure it's controversial and you could say weak but that's kinda the point. Anyone beating Undertaker in a match cleanly at Wrestlemania would be weak imo, in this fashion it gives Undertaker an excuse for losing in that:

1. It was a last minute match that he wasn't expecting
    2. He just wrestled himself into exhaustion with Cena.
    3. Undertaker expected his match against Cena to be his last match ever.

The point is, people will argue that if Undertaker was fresh he would've beaten Ziggler. And that's true, given that he beat Ziggler at Elimination Chamber. But that's the beauty of it. It's not Undertaker being weak, it's Ziggler using his cunning to pull the biggest upset in history. That's what I was trying to get across anyway. As for the horrified bit, I agree that it was the wrong word to use. I guess appalled would've been better.

Cheers for the criticism anyway, I enjoyed reading and responding to it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.