View RSS Feed

Mr. Jay

Booking TLC 2012: Twists, Turns, Surprises!

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
This is a hypothetical card for TLC. I believe it is not only do-able, but has a chance to be very entertaining, and usher in a "new" PG era, much reminiscent of the Atttude era due to the shock value, twists, turns, and above all, the great entertainment we used to know and love. There will be a lot of character development and something to look forward to in the weeks not just before, but after the TLC PPV as well.

TLC 2012 - The PPV with Attitude!

TLC Match: WWE Championship
Battle of Respect
CM Punk vs. Mick Foley

Story Behind Match: CM Punk retains at Survivor Series to keep his reign intact. Mick Foley, tired of CM Punk and his antics despite being the WWE Champion, challenges him to an “Old School” TLC Match. He dares Punk to beat the respect out of him and show him and the WWE Universe that he really is the best in the world. In the build-up, Mick Foley shows his Pre-PG Mankind side, even going as far to say that even at this stage in his career, he will fight for the legacy of the gold. One of the stipulations: If Foley loses, he must admit that CM Punk has his respect and that he is the Best in the World!

Match Results & Outcome: After a grueling TLC match reminiscent of the Attitude era when hardcore was actually fun, CM Punk (without any outside interference or help) snags the belt and celebrates atop the ladder saying he is the Best in the World. He comes down as Mick Foley gives a speech, gives Punk his praise, and extends his hand. Punk shakes his hand, then delivers the GTS. Not only turning even more heel, but adding to his character as well. (Note: Punk will obviously be expected to win, but this match could take him to physical limits. Yes, Foley is VERY limited now, but if Vince can dish out AND take punishment, I think Foley has is it in him if he feels the fans truly are behind him. The point of this match is to push Punk's name value and add to his legendary reign as WWE Champion. Plus, I'm sure Foley won't mind.)

Tables Match: World Heavyweight Championship
Big Show vs. Randy Orton

Story Behind Match: Story not really needed. The WHC has lost most of its steam. I like Sheamus, but his run as champ could have been a LOT better. Putting Orton back in the hunt may add prestige and entertainment back to the title.

Match Results & Outcome: Big Show choke slams Randy Orton through a table to retain his title. Orton will not give up the hunt, however. Read on to see how his loss will come into play.

Fatal 4-Way: #1 Contender’s for World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Wade Barrett vs. Christian

Story Behind Match: Including a returning Christian, these four grapplers argue and plead their cases to get a WHC match. Booker T books this match as a result. The build-up will include tag team as well as singles matches, with all four getting at each other’s throats.

Match Results & Outcome: Christian wins! Going into the next PPV, Christian is cemented as the #1 Contender. However, a disgruntled Randy Orton challenges Christian’s spot. Orton beats Christian on an episode of Smackdown. (If all goes well with WWE and their booking wisdom… Orton will become the new Champion at the next PPV, and Christian will immediately attack him, resparking their feud, but THIS time with a lot less cheating and whining. Meaning, this feud will have meaning and actually be entertaining.)

WWE Diva’s Championship
Eve vs. Mystery Opponent

Story Behind Match: Eve prances around week-in, week-out saying she is the most dominant divas in WWE history. Vickie Guerrero, unpleased with Eve’s claim as the top Diva at this time, tells Eve she is hand-picking her opponent for TLC to see if Eve can back up her claim. On the night of TLC, Eve arrogantly awaits her opponent, saying she can take on anyone. The lights go dim, then the strike of a piano is heard… KHARMA returns to WWE! Eve looks shocked and scared, and begs off the match

Match Results & Outcome: Kharma charges the ring, delivers her finisher to Eve. She stands on the top turnbuckle and holds up her title. She points to the back (locker room) and says “Come and get it!” then starts her evil laughing away. This will add shock factor. Not to mention, perhaps the Divas Division will become watchable once again.

Chairs Match: United Sates Championship
Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth

Story Behind Match: Let’s say WWE continues with their current feud. As the feud progresses, R-Truth is becoming more serious and is booked to appear as a legitimate threat to Cesaro.

Match Results & Outcome: Antonio Cesaro retains the championship. Hopefully, he can move onto another “big” name to build his run even more.

Ladder Match: Intercontinental Championship
Kofi Kingston vs. Justin Gabriel

Story Behind Match: Kofi Kingston at this point should be a tweener. His mean streak is starting to show more and more, especially since he’s worried Gabriel might have a chance at beating him. Gabriel gets more promo time, developing a more superstar-like persona.

Match Results & Outcome: Kofi Kingston wins. This match would obviously have its highlights and high spots. If WWE played their cards right and actually gave these two something to work with, I think this could be a very good feud and match. Depending how they work together, this feud should continue for at least another couple of months. By the end of the feud, Gabriel will have more respect and fame, while Kofi becomes a heel, giving the WWE Universe something different from the norm.

Triple Threat Tag Team Ladder Match: WWE Tag Team Championship Team Hell No! vs. Team Rhodes Scholars vs. Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara

Story Behind Match: The ultimate test of teamwork. This alone speaks wonders considering the current angle with Kane & Daniel Bryan.

Match Results & Outcome: Just as Kane is about to nab the WWE Tag Team Championship while all others are incapacitated, Prime Time Players do a run-in, knocking Kane off the ladder. They then quickly climb the ladder and snatch the title belts. As they speed down, their opponents begin to come to and realize the belts are being stolen. Kane and Bryan begin chasing them into the parking lot. This feud continues with Kane & Bryan becoming closer, tougher, and more dangerous. A twist to what we see now.

Triple Threat Tables Elimination Match: #1 Contender’s for WWE Championship
Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena

Story Behind Match: For one, this match will help insure that Cena will not be handed another title spot. If anything, suspense could be put into this, since obviously the fans will ultimately have no idea who’s going to win. Ziggler should play mind games with both men in attempt to cause heat between them, some of which can result from the Survivor Series match. Even though Ziggler has “The Briefcase” Vickie puts him into this match to give him a shot.

Match Results & Outcome: Sike! Cena wins. Here is why… Dolph Ziggler can still move into the Smackdown side of things, not to mention, Cena and Ziggler should continue their feud, except entertaining and realistic, even with Ziggler costing Cena his title match. Ryback on the other hand: After Cena pins Ziggler, Ryback is pissed. He delivers the Shellshock to both men and stands seemingly tall in the ring. As he is screaming “Feed me more!” BATISTA shows up out of nowhere, power bombs Ryback, and walks up the ramp. (This will build-up a battle of the behemoths/powermen as Batista tells the WWE Universe that he was and still is the toughest, meanest SOB in the WWE. I personally think this feud would be believable and fun.)
Let me know your thoughts!

-Mr. Jay

Submit "Booking TLC 2012: Twists, Turns, Surprises!" to Digg Submit "Booking TLC 2012: Twists, Turns, Surprises!" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking TLC 2012: Twists, Turns, Surprises!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking TLC 2012: Twists, Turns, Surprises!" to Google

Updated 11-14-2012 at 06:52 PM by Mr. Jay (Said the wrong thing in the wrong way. Don't want a sentence to set the tone for an entire blog.)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The first line reads "CM Punk retains at Survivor Series, cheating (as usual)" I'm sorry, but when has he cheated while defending his title? Everyone from John Cena to the casual viewer says that CM Punk does whatever it takes to keep his title. However, he has never done any of the dastardly deeds that he is said to have committed. In fact, the only time I can even recall that he cheated since being WWE Champion was in his match against Sheamus on Main Event (he exposed the turnbuckle).

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I can't recall a time that he's cheated to retain his title? If you remember an instance then please share it. If you're referring to HIAC, then I have to point out that Brad Maddox did that for himself, but that CM Punk did not actually cheat. He simply took advantage of a situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by King MC
    The first line reads "CM Punk retains at Survivor Series, cheating (as usual)" I'm sorry, but when has he cheated while defending his title? Everyone from John Cena to the casual viewer says that CM Punk does whatever it takes to keep his title. However, he has never done any of the dastardly deeds that he is said to have committed. In fact, the only time I can even recall that he cheated since being WWE Champion was in his match against Sheamus on Main Event (he exposed the turnbuckle).

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I can't recall a time that he's cheated to retain his title? If you remember an instance then please share it. If you're referring to HIAC, then I have to point out that Brad Maddox did that for himself, but that CM Punk did not actually cheat. He simply took advantage of a situation.
    This is true, you really can't say cheating as usual with CM Punk. He never actually cheated to retain the title.
    True. Punk had to deal with Johnny at Rumble, won elimination chamber and beat jericho twice, beat daniel bryan...twice, along with him and Kane. Beat Cena and Big show, had a draw with Cena and beat Ryback thx to maddox. In every title defense, he has never cheated to win, just took advantage
    WWE title TLC match:CM Punk vs Cena-Never did get a 1 on 1 rematch for the WWE title vs Punk after Night of Champions ppv. This will be the end with Ziggler pushing him off the ladder so Punk will win. Cena gets out of the title picture for a while. Battles with Ziggler til he becomes world champion. Than focus on winning the Rumble match.

World title Chairs match:Big Show vs Sheamus vs Orton-I figure Orton will turn heel at Survivor Series after costing him his world title shot a the ppv. Orton claims WWE is holding him back. He has waited long enough for a world title shot. If they arn't going to give it to me. I'll take matters into my own hands. Sheamus pins Big Show to win back his world title, but is attacked afterwards. Leads to a rematch with Big Show on SD which he wins inside the Steel cage which is when I have Ziggler cashing the MITB on him. Gotta be on a face....

Divas title: Eve vs Tamina Snuka-Why not Eve vs someone actually going to be signed come the ppv? Eve could make fun of her claiming she isn't as beautiful as she is and stuff like that. Win at the ppv to defend her title vs AJ at the Rumble. Why not?

US title Ladder match: Cesaro vs Christian-Cesaro beating Christian in his match would put him over big time.

Triple Threat Tag team tables match
    : Team Hell No! vs Rhodes-Scholars vs Sin Cara/Mysterio-Rhodes-Scholars win the titles tonight I believe anyway. I believe Daniel Bryan has to be on the ppv so I put Team Hell No! in this match. Winners Sin Cara/Mysterio!

Ryback vs Ziggler-Forced by Vince McMahon Dolph has to face Ryback at the ppv. Ryback wins of course, but Ziggler has the last laugh at the end of the night pushing Cena off the ladder while costing him the WWE title.

IC Title: R-Truth vs Kofi-still friends after the match. Why not?
    Updated 11-14-2012 at 04:55 PM by TheGreatOne
    Just to burst your bubble but Foley cant wrestle anymore. Just look at him, he cant even walk properly. I dont know who you can replace Foley with. Maybe Cena or Ryback why not Ziggler, a fatal4way could work too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno535
    Just to burst your bubble but Foley cant wrestle anymore. Just look at him, he cant even walk properly. I dont know who you can replace Foley with. Maybe Cena or Ryback why not Ziggler, a fatal4way could work too.
    That is what I was thinking watching him walk to the ring last night. How in the hell is he going to compete in a TLC match? On paper, it looks good booked, but realistically.....he can't compete in that type of match. If he did have a match left in him, be less than a handful left. Don't think it would be smart to book that as your main event. Draws a crowd, but won't do much else.
    Quote Originally Posted by King MC

You're right. I guess I should've read that through before posting. No he hasn't cheated, but let's be real: As great a Champ Punk is, his character and full potential has not been utilized since his feud with Jericho was over. At currently, he DOES appear cowardly. Not to mention this whole Brad Maddox thing. Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting angle. I would've liked to have seen more domination, drama, and heelish-like antics from him, especially when Paul Heyman came into the picture. BUT, CM Punk is one of my all-time favorites. By the way, I bought a CM Punk car freshner today. Didn't even know they sold those!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.