View RSS Feed

Brad Roach

How to fix Monday Night Bore?

Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average.
The Monday Night Bore

This is my first blog ladies and gentleman so bare with me on this one!

If there is one thing we all have in common its our frustrations with the current state of the WWE and its abysmal 'product'. As i sit here watching Raw i seem unable to enjoy it because even the smallest details frustrate and annoy me. I just want to walk backstage and tell Vince how to run the show, and here are the things i would say:

Introduction to Raw-
From the moment Raw's broadcast begins i find myself annoyed with the theme song. The theme songs to Raw have gradually degraded but this one takes the biscuit. the WWE has always stayed true to its rock and metal routes, its what its always been about, the music goes with the destruction and chaos that SHOULD explode on a monday night. The current theme song does not only apply to the main stream status-quo but it can not be related to professional wrestling whatsoever. WHOOPS did i say wrestling??
That terrible Recap section at the start of Raw that makes it look like a episodic soap drama also needs to go.

The Ropes!! - This one is simple the ropes NEED to be RED end of.

The Set-
Sometimes less is more, and in the case of the set this really rings true. HD screens as far as the eye can see. Strobe lights, lasers, flashes and bangs. The Raw set we all once loved now acquires more lights and props than the Las Vegas strip. A show that was once about feuds and pure professional wrestling is now about how expensive they can make the set look. It really takes away from the matches when the set makes you think someone has slipped you some LSD.

John Cena- What can i say. Give us a break and take some time off. We all need less super Cena for a while.

The Divas Division- The womens wrestling in WWE took a turn for the worse once Trish and Lita left and there are no signs of improvement. How can the audience relate and get into the Divas when they have no airtime. Even when they do its just thrown together into two minute matches that have no storyline or meaning.

Where are the Monsters? - Everyone loves a monster. Someone who would come down to the ring and when you saw them coming down the ramp you knew shit was about to go down. Ryback is the closest thing nowadays to a monster but its hard to feel his character when his dialogue solely consists of his requirements for food. And for anyone who has kane on there mind as they read this section, his reputation as a monster was destroyed a long time ago.

Time To Step Up-
After seeing Randy Orton, John Cena and the Big Show in the main event picture for so many years i have started to know them in the ring more than they know themselves. The key to wrestling is suprising the audience and leaving them on the edge of there seats. All these guys cause for me is a YAWN. Time for Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler and Codey Rhodes to move up the card.

I feel like i have let some of my anger out now its in writing and thank you for reading. But i dont want to end this Blog on a negative note. So do i have anything positive to say? Yes I do.

Thank you to CM Punk for carrying the WWE over the past year. He and Daniel Bryan are the only reason i have a tiny bit of Faith left in the WWE. As long as true Wrestlers like this stay alive in a WWE ring we are safe.

Please comment and tell me what you think about the current state of the WWE, positive or negative i would love to hear your opinions!

Until next time!

Brad Roach

Submit "How to fix Monday Night Bore?" to Digg Submit "How to fix Monday Night Bore?" to del.icio.us Submit "How to fix Monday Night Bore?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How to fix Monday Night Bore?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I personally like the set the way it is now. It makes it seem more alive ya know?

I never thought about the ropes!!!!

I completely disagree about Cena and here's why. In the month before HIAC when he couldn't wrestle and barely made any appearances the ratings and the overall product absolutely stunk up the joint. It showed the WWE that the only two guys that can carry the show are Punk and Cena. They desperately need to put other guys up at the top. Put Cena in the World Heavyweight title picture and separate him and Punk for a year.
    The opening I definitely agree with you on, the ropes I could care more less about, the set with me I think is fine because what can they do?? Stay stuck in the past forever,?? And let's face it they need cena. Yes we get tired of him but he's the only reason majority of people watch now and when he was gone the ratings showed it. And I'm a HUGE cm punk fan and a fan of Daniel Bryan but you can't say that they're the only reason you watch it now because when they were in the independent scene only die hard wrestling fans knew who they were and no disrespect to them but they weren't the only two good people to come from the indies. But overall I think you did pretty okay for a first blog man
    i wouldnt say stay in the past. But all that is really needed is pyro and the titantron. 10 years ago it wasn't about flashing lights and expensive sets. It was about wrestling, and that is whats missing today. If they focused more on the wrestling and less on making the set look like the illuminations we would see an improvement. For me the red ropes are iconic to Raw, that was the Raw ring. Blue for smackdown and black for PPV. The simplicity of the old days is far superior.
    I understand what everyone's saying about the WWE needing Cena because it's absolutely true, but that's the problem in and of itself. They NEED Cena! Cena has to leave eventually. What happens when he retires? I do believe Cena needs some time off. Let somebody else build up and take the helm for a while. It won't be an overnight thing and it'll take a while to build a new face for the company. If anything, Cena can come back after a year or two and start a "This is my Company" storyline. Punk could also do it, but he's been talking about retiring soon anyway.
    Why are you even watching WWE?
    You sir have hit the nail on the head. they need to start working on this sooner rather than later. What happens if cena becomes injured within the next month and he needs months off to recover? they need to build people up to counteract this problem.
    and thats a valid question. I watch TNA aswell but i have watched the WWE for more than 15 years, i feel a loyalty there. Its like having that uncle that starts to go insane and his presence is akward. But you grew up with him and at the end of the day he is your uncle. Thats the way i feel about the WWE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.