View RSS Feed

deadly56

The Future Biggest Wrestling Company...TNA

Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average.
The Future Biggest Wrestling Company...TNA

Let me start of by saying, this is my 20th blog in EWN. I wanted to do something different for a change, something I have not blogged about before. I came to the idea which is...TNA! I never done a TNA blog before, except from now. Anyway, lets get on with my 20th blog!

The good about TNA
I have been a fan of TNA since the past few years. I am impressed by their majority of wrestlers. My favorite wrestlers are AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Christopher Daniels. I enjoy watching AJ styles and Daniels intense rivalry, over the years, but I do feel they have had to much to do with each other, however, they do pull off having great matches which usually is match of the night. I don't recall seeing anyone moving the speed of Samoa Joe at the size he is. He isn't just athletic, but also as tough as he looks, or even tougher. When TNA did put these men in a match together; it was a all out brutal brawl these men gave to each other. Apparently, it was the best match in TNA history. WWE may be bigger than TNA, at the moment, but when comparing TNA to WWE's roster. TNA have more quality wrestlers by the mile. You better not get me started on WWE's Woman Division. WWE like to focus more on entertaining then wrestling, and that is very stupid because with out the wrestling. WWE should just be called W.E. Regardless, WWE still managed to make it work, but making the loyal fans very unhappy. TNA may use major story lines, now and again, but at the end of the day its the wrestling which they have the main focus on.

The Faults of TNA
TNA may have good consistent matches, but they do have many faults which prevents them from being big. I will discuss a few. TNA do have good matches, but I feel sometimes there put together out of the blue. The Triple Threat Tag Team match, at Bond For Glory, for instance. I felt AJ and Angle where randomly put in the match because they didn't have anything to do. It was obvious they wouldn't win, and if they did win not much people could get behind there recent teaming. This is because they haven't really had that much build up, being in the match. I also don't like there Consistent absent with superstars; one minute there here next week they're not. They like to take at least 3-4 months off, then return, and shoot up back to the main event scene. I know wrestlers need a break, every now and again, but not a regular basis. I am not suggesting they should have a Vince schedule, not the slightest, but if they take a break let them take a big break. If they want to wrestle, let them wrestle for a long time with out taking a longed out break. Lets say 2-3 years contract, and when there contract is up, let them take a 6-12 month rest before resigning. Many fans also like to blame, TNA faults, on Hogan, and Bishop. They blame them for the numerous past stables in TNA that ended up going in a bad direction. They dislike them for keeping themselves in the spotlight most of the time, and overshadowing superstars that really sell. I think the best thing that happened since Bishop, and Hogan gained control is Aces & 8s; lets hope they don't eventually mess that up to.

TNA's Obsession With Former WWE Superstars
I was going to write this in 'The Fault of TNA' paragraph, but I felt I could write a paragraph solely on this, lol. TNA love to take superstars from WWE; WWE is famously known around the world so taking famous superstars is a must, for TNA. The only problem is they usually take guys who are former WWE superstars; this makes TNA look cheap because their basically taking WWE's unwanted trash. When they do have WWE's superstars they sky rocket them to the main event scene, and they eventually go on to win the big one. This has happened to many superstars such as Jeff Hardy, Kurt angle, Rhino, Mr Kennedy,Christian and Rob Van Dam. I could go on, but TNA have taken more than 20 superstars from WWE so I won't. They use WWE's unwanted group to go over their own talent who have earned the right to be at that top spot, which the unwanted group have taken. I just don't understand this, TNA have great talent but would rather use old rusty superstars such as Chavo Guerrero, than their own hard working talent. Does TNA realize that gives them a bad image? The worst thing about it, most of the time it never ends well. Then that opens the question, was it all worth it? But, that's most of the time. Let's look at former WWE/WCW superstars who have helped make TNA a better place.

I am going to say, in a particular order, which former WWE/WCW superstars have helped themselves, and TNA to be a success.

05. Bull Ray&Devon/Team 3D:
These guys have one won the most Tag Team Championships. They have had many great feuds and memorable moments such as sending abyss through a flaming table. These guys where one of the best Tag Teams in WWE, but now also in TNA. They are currently one of the hottest things right now in TNA. We all know now that Devon is a important figure in Aces and 8s, and Bully Ray was shocked to find out, but now whats nothing more to battle his past Tag Team partner.

04. Kurt Angle:
Kurt Angle's WWE contract was up, and in a few mere weeks he joined TNA. Kurt Angle became one of the top, and at one point the biggest superstar in TNA. He changed the landscape of TNA, having feuds with Samoa Joe, AJ styles and being the leader of 'Main Event Mafia'. He is the type of superstars TNA dreamed for; Kurt is probably the best wrestler TNA managed to get there hands on, from the WWE. He may be aging, but TNA still need him, and we as fans still want to see him.

03. Jeff Hardy:
At the time, Jeff Hardy was seriously popular with the fans in WWE. WWE had to let him go, because of certain reasons. TNA decided to grab him as fast as they could, as a result, Jeff Hardy is now TNA's best merchandise seller. TNA have finally found some one who could be a cash cow for them. Jeff Hardy beat Austin Aries, at Bound For Glory, and Jeff is currently TNA's World Heavy Weight Champion. I have heard rumors, Jeff was planning to return to WWE next year. I guess TNA gave Jeff the World Title as a reason to not go back to the WWE, but to tell the truth who would want to lose their best merchandise seller.

02. Sting:
He is the only WCW wrestler to not go WWE; he decided to go to TNA instead, which was at its early stages, at the time. He is the first inductee in the TNA hall of fame. I do like when he's present with Hogan by his side. These two where one of the most important wrestling figures in WWE/WCW, so it's kinda cool them being side by side holding weapons such as baseball bats and chairs.

01. Jeff Jarrett:
Who where you expecting? If it wasn't for this man having a brilliant idea there wouldn't be a TNA; there's nothing more to say than that.

TNA Can Be The Future Biggest Wrestling Company
‚ÄčTNA is the WWE's biggest competition, at the moment. TNA is watching WWE, and WWE is watching TNA. TNA have a few things WWE don't have which is a strong Woman Division, and more quality wrestlers. The right thing TNA have done so far is by going live in the summer, and apparently will continue the rest of the year. TNA have a loyal fan base, so most ratings in TNA is never to high or to low. TNA are winning over places like England and Australia, better then WWE. They are going in the right direction. I live in England and TNA do treat us fans very well. I am going to boast and say I was at the very first ever episode on TNA, in England. Anyway, in England we can watch the PPV for free. The only downside I would say is, I believe, if TNA really want to take a risk they have to get on a better channel to attract more views. In England they are on the former channel Bravo, which is now known as Challenge. If they want many English fans to watch, they should go to the sports section where WWE currently is. Since it's taped for us in England, it would be more convenient to bring it to the sports channel, and I guarantee more people would watch it. WWE Raw is featured live in sky sports; which showcases at 2am in the morning. I'm sure TNA could easily steal more WWE fans. TNA is taped so it would be on Sky sports late in the afternoon, so more people would watch it instead of waiting to watch WWE. I don't know much about US Networks/Channels, but I do know the infamous one's, such as 'USA','ABC','CBS' and etc. I believe, WWE is shown on 'USA'. I am not saying TNA should just jump and go in a big Network/Channel, but a decent one if they're not already. Ratings is the only thing holding back TNA from reaching WWE status. TNA have only been around for a decade, it will be a hard journey, but the sky is the limit for TNA.

Thanks for reading my 20th blog. I hoped you enjoyed it; let me hear your thoughts about TNA and my blog. Do you think they will reach WWE's popularity one day? Is there anything else you would like to add? If there is just leave a comment. Anyway, peace.

Submit "The Future Biggest Wrestling Company...TNA" to Digg Submit "The Future Biggest Wrestling Company...TNA" to del.icio.us Submit "The Future Biggest Wrestling Company...TNA" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Future Biggest Wrestling Company...TNA" to Google

Updated 11-14-2012 at 02:59 PM by deadly56

Tags: tna
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    When i saw this blog title, I got excited. I like hearing people's thoughts on stuff like this. But, there's a lot more to it than just this, and I'm not sure that, in their current position and the current state of wrestling as a whole, they have any chance of being the next big company. Maybe if I hit the lottery and own it, but not under the direction they're under now.

Here are my thoughts.

1. I like TNA's product and their wrestling, much moreso than WWE. However, I cannot and definitively say their talent is better. I think in some areas, they are. For instance I feel AJ Styles sells better than Ziggles. He's like the Shawn Michaels of TNA and I would match him up against pretty much anyone in WWE. I think A Double and Bobby Roode have really come into their own. But for other top guys like say, James Storm. I like him, but I couldn't sit here and say he's at a Randy Orton level.

2. I agree with your fautls, but there are many many many many many more.

3. I don't think TNA has an obsession w/ former WWE wrestlers. These guys gotta go somewhere if WWE releases them, don't they? Are people bashing ROH for having Benjamin & Haas? Too many people think that, just because WWE releases them, it's over. They should wither away and die. TNA is a viable option for these guys. I'm surprised there's not more. I'm shocked that Chris Masters and John Morrison aren't TNA mainstays right now.

I've actually listed changes they need to make in some of my blogs in the past, so I'm definitely with you that they have the potential to possibly become a big number two. I'm not sure WWE feels threatened by them, but with their shrinking numbers, and TNA's not shrinking numbers, it may draw "some" concern ..like, maybe a tiny bit. But TNA has a long long way to go.
    When I mean TNA offers better talent, like I said in my blog, i'm basically saying TNA has the majority of better wrestlers than WWE. I will admit, people such as James storm isn't as entertaining as Randy Orton, but TNA focus more on the wrestling than the entertaining, and isn't it about the wrestling at the end of the day? That's why a lot of people like TNA; they don't go to far when it comes to story lines, unlike WWE.

2. You are right, I didn't talk about all the aspects of TNA. In further TNA blogs I will do so.

3.I feel TNA are obsessed with former WWE talents. I believe this because ,TNA assume by taking known WWE talent it will increase their popularity. They will also shoot them to the main event scene, and they have done this with people like Christian, Angle, Hardy..etc.

I will admit TNA do have a very long way to go, and they might never make it, but I believe, with the right person, they can go in the right direction and they will be at a point where the only way is up for them.

Anyway, thanks for your comment.
    Updated 11-14-2012 at 02:44 PM by deadly56
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealOutlaw
    TNA is the WWE's biggest competition - TNA is the only other wrestling company out there that is on TV. ROH is PPV. So just because TNA is really the only other wrestling company does not make it competition to WWE.

TNA is watching WWE, and WWE is watching TNA - TNA is watching WWE, they are looking for future wrestlers. What reason does WWE have to watch TNA?
    WWE and TNA are both the two biggest wrestling companies, at the moment. They are also the only two wrestling companies World Wide in the USA. look at the facts, it doesn't matter how much of a positive, or negative gap between these two companies. They are both still the only real competition for each other.

If WWE aren't watching TNA; I want you to give me explanation for the idea of the recent AJ/Cena story line.

@Harperson
    TNA's woman division is actually entertaining, and actually good quality wrestling, which are respectfully long. The WWE's Woman Division is a complete joke, especially when compared to TNA. You are right, woman wrestling has always been a side show sort of thing, but did you know the woman division normally gathers the largest rating views for TNA. I believe, if done right the Woman Division can be a successful and popular market. It is just that, no one wants to make it bigger than it is. In WWE, last time I checked, the difference between male, and female fans watchers wasn't by much. In that case, I don't think it would be hard to make the Woman's Division very successful.

I am not going to lie, the money issues with TNA I could of discussed in the TNA fault paragraph. In further TNA blogs, I will mention everything that I should. And as for your deluded naming paragraph. Thanks for your comment, but go SUCK YOURSELF!
    Updated 11-14-2012 at 03:22 PM by deadly56
    I watched TNA for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was purely by accident. It happened to be on the right channel when I turned on the TV.

I was actually entertained by some of the matches but I quickly lost interest when I saw a group called the Aces and Eights get beat up by Hulk Hogan. It was odd and uncomfortable to watch.

Haven't watched since.
    I give you props for writing his blog on a pro-wwe site. That being said, I do agree with you on majority of points. My problem is (in all honesty) that is going to take a long fucking time for this to happen, plus ALL (not just some) of the right moves have to be made for this company.
    A big problem with TNA is Hogan. They lost their distinctiveness when the 6 sided ring was taken away. Hogan's sex tape scandal is so embarrassing to the company and him taking down all of Aces and 8s is just lame. I mean he's in his 60s right? Also, the whole Jeff/Karen/Kurt storyline was freaking ridiculous. Oh and Jeff Hardy high on a PPV and his match lasting all but 20 seconds I mean come on. I don't think you can get any worse than TNA.
    I mean, people obviously can like whatever they want to like, but there have been people saying this company was going to be beating wwe even as far back as 2004. I thought this once, no twice. By the end of 2005, TNA had the top, absolute best wrestling you could get anywhere in north america, they just needed the big names. Enter the debut of Christian, followed within a few months by Kurt Angle. Two huge stars, still considered in their prime at the time and still very popular with fans. TNA capitalized on this by booking these stars semi-well but the rest of the company into complete oblivion, angles that lasted an entire year and went nowhere. Terrible acting, terrible backstage segments. They have done this for the years since and I honestly have no idea how this company remains in business. They have had every opportunity to at the very least contend with the wwe. WWE has been pg rated for years, which a ton of people complain about. Perfect time for TNA to to go the "attitude" route and they sort of try, but with a terrible product. They have been given some of the biggest names ever in wrestling, hogan, flair, nash, foley, booker, bischoff, sting. They have the distinct advantage as well of having far better in ring wrestlers. But again, the booking is terrible and its as if they have no idea what wrestling fans want, well they do, except its not 1997 any longer and what fans want has drastically changed. Also if they think for a split second that anyone gives a damn about Mike Knox, Luke Gallows and Chuck Palumbo or whatever people are getting this aces and 8 business, they are sadly and pitifully mistaken. I speak with anger because i put my trust in this company in the mid 2000's and they spit in my face. Giving away angles on Impact, telling me to essentially find out how a ppv ends, to "tune into impact". People that still support this company, by all means, but it will never ever ever get there, ever.
    I don't believe that Vince is sitting in front of the tele every Thursday night with a notebook and pen, but I also do not believe he is oblivious to what is going on in the other company. Imo it would be a foolish business decision to consider yourself so untouchable as to not at least monitor what other companies in your industry are doing. And, we all know that ol' Vinny is a smart business man. It is not out of fear, but intelligence, that WWE moniters TNA. To think otherwise is arrogant and naive.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.