View RSS Feed

T-Hughes35

WWE in Trouble? Current WWE Creativity & Survivor Srs 26

Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Before I begin this entry, I would like to say that my thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Stay strong out there east coast, and if anyone wants to donate, you can log on to www.redcross.org for more information.

What is it about WWE? What is it with their product today? Why is it the way it is, and just what are they trying to accomplish? Well, if I may say so myself, after watching WWE programing for the past few weeks and months, I’m not sure that even WWE knows what their product is anymore.

A prime example of this is the entire episode of last weeks RAW alone.

You go LIVE from one of professional wrestling’s best markets in the United Kingdom, and what do you give the beloved Brits? A completely disorganized, un-original, and on-the-spot improvised show (hence the awkward moment with Vince and Vickie) that is nothing short of a complete embarrassment.

Observe: The show’s opening re-cap of last week’s episode.
(And I Quote) “Previously on RAW…”
When I first saw that, I was like you have got to be kidding me.
My first thought of this was every single episode opening to IMPACT Wrestling that has taken place in the last six + months.
The same thing goes for the AJ Lee storyline. When I first saw this storyline, I saw the AJ Styles/Dixie Carter/Claire Lynch fiasco except that this is WWE’s take on it.
I mean just look at the storyline and the roles that they play:

You look at AJ Lee in this scenario and you think of AJ Styles. You look at John Cena and you think of Dixie Carter. If you look at the characters of Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler, then you pretty much see an exact duplication of Kazarian and Christopher Daniels.
It’s both dumb and stupid.
Even AJ Styles himself took a shot at WWE with it this past week on Open Fight Night, when he stated to Bobby Roode (and I quote):
“…While you were Heavyweight Champion, I was dealing with some issues. Not my issues, but someone else’s. Pictures were being taken, videos were being made of AJ Styles getting into an elevator with someone of the opposite sex. It seems to be the new fad if your name is AJ…”

I couldn’t have said it any better myself AJ (Styles). Props to you.

But that’s not the only thing that grinds my teeth.

I talked before in a recent blog about the build up to the WWE Hell In A Cell Pay-Per-View that took place on 10/28/2012.
I mean, it was scary the way that WWE honestly thought that John Cena would be 100% medically cleared to compete at the event in a match of that caliber.
John Cena himself has even stated that he doesn’t like the direction that the company is going.

He stood up to the plate and let Mr. McMahon know in no uncertain terms that the WWE chairman is out of touch, the creative team lacks creativity and the company would end up going "to hell in a handbasket" if it were to continue down its current path.

Here’s the link that proves it:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...mahon-revealed

When the PG Era of wrestling began, I honestly didn’t mind it at first. It was a marketing tool, and it has had its successes in some ways more than others. But creatively, it didn’t hit me until one particular storyline came around. That storyline, was The Nexus. When that storyline started to drag on, that’s when I knew WWE was in trouble. The Creative department needs a major change in direction as soon as possible, because ratings such as a 2.5, the lowest ratings for RAW since pre-Attitude Era in 1997, don’t help your cause any better either.

Let’s talk about Survivor Series for a moment shall we?

The 26th Anniversary of WWE Survivor Series takes place in roughly 10 days from the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A. Here’s what kind of a zoo Mr. McMahon and his creative goonies have come up with thus far for one of professional wrestling most important and prestigious events of the year.

The main event segment of the October 29th episode of RAW featured the surprising and exciting return of Mankind himself, Mick Foley. It was then where CM Punk proposed a Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match between a team lead by himself, and a team led by Mick Foley.

When each man announced his respective teams during the main event segment of the program that night, I actually thought this was pretty cool. 4 out of 5 Team Punk members I actually predicted correctly.

By the swing of things, this looked like it was going to be the first major WWE Pay-Per-View since 2007 where the WWE Championship would not be at stake. That would have been fine by me as it would have stuck to the Survivor Series Tradition, but NO. We NEEDED to HAVE a Triple Threat WWE Championship match in the mix, involving Superman himself, John Cena.
My GOD WWE! What has happened to you?

I mean seriously? This is the way that you treat one of your “Big 4” Pay-Per-Views of the year? This is an event that you should have had finalized MONTHS AGO! Not on-the-spot on LIVE TV!

WWE Survivor Series is supposed to be all about wrestling, survival, and one word, Tradition. Tradition is the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

Here’s a video that a fan made on YouTube that can give you an idea just how important Tradition, and Survivor Series is to the next generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBe7m-M4X7Y

Had you gone down the path by the way RAW ended on October 29th, this could have been what the match card of the 26th Anniversary of Survivor Series might have actually looked like.

WWE Presents: Survivor Series XXVI
Date: November 18th, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.
Theme Song A: “Survival” – Muse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68mw8AE9l_g
Theme Song B: “Deadly Game” – Jim Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9suaCiPixpI
Ring Announcer: Justin Roberts
Ringside Commentators: Michael Cole, JBL, and Jim Ross
Backstage Interviewers: Josh Matthews and Matt Striker

Match Card:
01: 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match:
Team Punk: WWE Champion: CM Punk (W/Paul Heyman), Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, The Miz, and Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)
vs.
Team Foley: (w/Mick Foley), Ryback, WWE Tag-Team Champion: Daniel Bryan, WWE Tag-Team Champion: Kane, WWE Intercontinental Champion: Kofi Kingston, and Randy Orton

02: World Heavyweight Championship Match:
World Heavyweight Champion: The Big Show
vs.
Sheamus

03: 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match:
Team Cena: John Cena (w/AJ Lee), Zack Ryder, Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, and Justin Gabriel
vs.
Team Ziggler: Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero), United States Champion: Antonio Cesaro, Darren Young, Titus O’Neal, and Wade Barrett

04: WWE Diva’s Championship Scramble:
WWE Diva’s Champion: Eve vs. Kaitlyn vs. Layla
vs. Alicia Fox vs. Aksana

05: 6 Man Tag-Team Match:
Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, and Drew McIntire
vs.
Brodus Clay, R-Truth, and Santino Marella

06: Tag-Team Match:
Jimmy and Jey Uso vs. Epico and Primo (w/Rosa Mendes)

07: Tyson Kidd vs. Evan Bourne

Now ladies and gentlemen, this is a decent card. It is the type of card that you use to treat one of your four biggest pay-per-views of the year with both tradition and prestige.
Now, before you say anything, I will say that my reasoning for including Evan “Air” Bourne is because this respective Pay-Per-View was the target date for his scheduled return from injury. The 6 Man Tag Match is for both the kids in the audience (due to the cartoonish faces), and it can also be used as an attempt to put 3MB over. It is all about tradition. THAT is how you create a Survivor Series card!

Well folks, I know that I went on a little bit of a rant, but that’s what we write blogs for, to express our thoughts.

Tell me your thoughts down below, follow me on Twitter @T_Hughes35
Follow me on TOUT @TheTMoney35
Follow me on KEEK @TheTMoney35
and subscribe to my YouTube Channel: TheTMoney35

PEACE!!!

Submit "WWE in Trouble? Current WWE Creativity & Survivor Srs 26" to Digg Submit "WWE in Trouble? Current WWE Creativity & Survivor Srs 26" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE in Trouble? Current WWE Creativity & Survivor Srs 26" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE in Trouble? Current WWE Creativity & Survivor Srs 26" to Google

Updated 11-07-2012 at 11:50 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

It might not be popular, but I want to defend McMahon. Nice that Cena stands up to McMahon when things go a wry, but Cena's solution seems to be to put himself in the mix for a title shot. That's a step back from the 5-on-5 and messed up the storyline.

I believe Vince has been distancing himself a bit from creative: let them do stuff on their own, then let them come up (and shooting down everything at the last minute because it's not that good, in which he is right). And I think he learned two things: that's not a very good management style and he'd better not die/get sick in the near future, because there seems to be no-one else capable of steering his company.

The reports have me believe that Vince is stepping in earlier in the creative process recently, taking a more active interest. And although Raw is a car wreck of half finished storylines, stagnant careers (hi Cody, Miz, Ziggler in a way) and strange choices (jobber Punk, AJ/Cena) there is something happening since Vince is back (on tv, and in the creative mix). I didn't want Vickie to be the one that got sucker punched, but the fact that something on Raw could well be live and unscripted brings back a certain.. need to watch live.

That said: I don't like Ryback, think that the overall value of Raw has even degraded the last few months (which is I believe of typical of Vince: the man throws all on the board, even the questionable storylines, and sees what sticks while the rest fall off to be never heard/seen or spoken of again). So it's not an improvement for me: but still I think that WWE at least is in motion now, this is a low point, and it's moving to a high(er) point.
    John Cena himself has even stated that he doesn’t like the direction that the company is going.

He stood up to the plate and let Mr. McMahon know in no uncertain terms that the WWE chairman is out of touch, the creative team lacks creativity and the company would end up going "to hell in a handbasket" if it were to continue down its current path.

It might have been John Cena that stood up to Vince, but again me personally until it's 100% confirmed that it was him I take it with a grain of salt. If it does turn out to be John Cena who "stood up" to Vince then I really doubt that he chewed Vince out backstage with WWE staff and wrestlers standing around. I'm sure Cena has more respect for Vince and WWE. Then again it could be something that was put out by WWE for a possable storyline down the road.

No matter how far WWE goes to "hell in a handbasket" they are not going anywhere, WWE will be around until Vince does not want it around. No matter how many people say once Vince steps down and hands it over to HHH. Vince will NEVER 100% give up the company and control to HHH. That's Vince and thats what has kept his product around a long time no matter how bad or how low the ratings are.
    I love your blogs. It's always a pleasure doing battle with you in the triple threat blogs. You have a great writing style. And all that still stands firm here in this blog.

However...

You talked about a wrestler lashing out at Vince. And you put a link from bleacherreport to "prove this". Bleacherreport is every bit an opinion as a blog on here. There's zero credibility behind a bleacherreport article. It's nothing more than a blog, like on here.

Plus, don't believe news sites like PWInsider, Wrestling Torch, or Wrestling Observer. They're nothing short of speculative reporting that's just barely a notch higher than the weak and pathetic ramblings of EWN's own, Ryan Clark.

I do agree with you that they probably should have stuck with their original plan. And the card you listed isn't bad, save for the 6 man tag match and Usos vs Primo/Epico tag match. They are Superstars or SMS quality matches at best, not even worth of Raw or Smackdown. And certainly not big time PPV caliber matches.

Good Blog though. I am with that WWE is scrambling right now, hence why I blogged that TNA needs to attack now.
    A lot of people seem to be defending the "traditional" Survivor Series match but it's been the one pay per view I have always hated. I always though the WCW trumped it with War Games because generally the teams they put up to face each other made more sense. The concept just never worked for me except the one time when it was Team WWF vs. The Alliance.

The groups that were put together had nothing in common except that one side was faces and the other was heels. There's no build behind that even though the Punk vs. Foley thing might have been cool.

Still, think about that BEFORE you announce a match!! Don't just change it up a week later. WWE creative is pathetic. They have so much talent on that roster and waste it week after week. The Attitude Era has no business being better than the current era but the difference is back then creative was inspired.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.