View RSS Feed

Heavy

TCB: Vol. 2 The Great Comparison

Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
What's up everyone it's Heavy here bringing you volume 2 of TCB(Takin' Care of Business) now in the first edition of this series i talked about tag team matches that i personally would love to see.However in this blog i will be talking about something that really has been bothering me as of late, which is comparison of wrestlers.

Goldberg and Ryback
Now of course the main comparison that we seem to be hearing of alot today is Goldberg and Ryback. this comparison really bothers me alot and no offense to any fans but its ridiculous already. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON. everyone says that Ryback is copying Goldberg and trying to be the Next Goldberg.. well he's now and ill explain why i think why.
1. The Look
Ryback is clearly bigger than Goldberg. However Goldberg was just more lean and cut. Just because Ryback is bald doesn't mean that he is stealing Goldberg's look because if that was the case then everybody would be copying each other. Clearly their ring attire is Different Ryback sports the singlet while Goldberg had the MMA tights going on.
2. Ring Work
Now if you ever watched a Goldberg match then you would know that he dominated whoever he was in the ring was and maybe getting beaten down every now and then. We can't say that him and Ryback wrestle the same because Ryback is just getting started with his in ring character work. Goldberg did this for every match he had and remained undefeated, Ryback has lost already.

Shawn Michaels and Dolph Ziggler
Now this one is Just starting to appear and even during Ziggler's matches the commentary team is making this comparison. This one is just crazy because there will never be another Shawn Michaels, and yes Ziggler does some moves similar to Shawn and resembles the confidence of him but so what?? I mean if that's all it takes to be compared to Shawn Michaels then anybody could come close. Shawn knew how to cut a promo with real emotion and could tell a story. Ziggler is just getting comfortable on the mic and still has a long way to go to meet up to Shawn's promo skills.

Side Note:
The main point if this blog is to get you as fans to realize that every wrestler is his own man. You can never recreate anybody no matter how hard you try. The reason's the greats are so great is because there was nobody like them before and there wont be anybody like them in the future. accept and embrace who every comes on that TV screen and don't compare them to wrestlers that you loved in the past because if you do that then you might as well stop watching wrestling because no one will ever satisfy you.

Well that's it for this edition of TCB i hope you enjoyed and i'd love to hear your feedback. Please leave comments (good and bad) Below. Vol. 3 COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submit "TCB: Vol. 2 The Great Comparison" to Digg Submit "TCB: Vol. 2 The Great Comparison" to del.icio.us Submit "TCB: Vol. 2 The Great Comparison" to StumbleUpon Submit "TCB: Vol. 2 The Great Comparison" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am not trying to be harsh, or anything, but if your not going to put more effort in making your blogs then don't make them, simple as. This is more of a forum topic if you ask me. Yes, the Goldberg/Ryback and Ziggler/Michael comparison could simple be a topic about similarities between wrestlers, in the forums.
    Well thanks for your input but sorry I don't feel the same. Anything could be a forum topic or a blog topic. But thanks anyway.
    Terrible blog. Needs more. More points, more opinions, more everything. Way too short and vaugue
    Not saying this mean, but I do disagre with you on Ryback. Yes there will always be one John Cena, one Batista, one Triple H,etc. I know Ryback and Goldberg are not the same person, but they resemble each other alot. I mean, your point on Goldberg dominating every match and Ryback already lost does not really help your point. Ryback has dominated every one of his opponents except CM Punk as Punk atleast have some leverage. But yeah thanks for the blog man I appreciate it. This is not bad for a series of blogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    Not saying this mean, but I do disagre with you on Ryback. Yes there will always be one John Cena, one Batista, one Triple H,etc. I know Ryback and Goldberg are not the same person, but they resemble each other alot. I mean, your point on Goldberg dominating every match and Ryback already lost does not really help your point. Ryback has dominated every one of his opponents except CM Punk as Punk atleast have some leverage. But yeah thanks for the blog man I appreciate it. This is not bad for a series of blogs.

Thanks man. and yeah i understand i'm missing out on some stuff and yes Ryback has dominated but against nobodys really so what would you expect to happen? Goldberg did it to stars and well known wrestlers.. theres not to much of Ryback that any of us know yet. but thanks for the comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    Terrible blog. Needs more. More points, more opinions, more everything. Way too short and vaugue

Short yeah, but more opinions?? you can't tell somebody how many opinions to put into something just to satisfy yourself. and what other points is there? Ryback hasn't been a champion like Goldberg, he's not even close to being done with his career. idk think before you judge. thanks for the comment.
    Ok so no more opinions were needed. Just the few very bland ones you used. Which in turn led to a very bland "blog". I still say it coildve used more. Hell if this was just a rant on the boards itd be fine. Oh and the dolph and hbk comparisons are because they are both phenominal in the ring. Nothing to do with promo skills. Watch an old hbk match and then watch a dolph match. Youll see why the comparisons are being made. And yes every superstar should be their own man and not try to copy another, but the wrestlers arent making these comparisons. The fans are. And i did think before i judged.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.