View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Time Has Come: TNA Needs to Get Real or Get Out

Rate this Entry
Hey fans. DK Wrestling Savior here. Amidst the unfortunate circumstances that have resulted from the awful storm, school has been closed for a week without power. Since I was smart enough to do my homework over the weekend, I've got time for a blog. It's been a while, so I may be rusty. But this is one certainly a TNA focused blog. So a warning to all the naysayers out there...mostly people who need surgery to remove their lips from WWE's ass...this will be a pro-TNA blog. If you don't like it, don't read it. But I want positive discussion so if you're a WWE mark who's going to completely bash my blog because you lack open-mindedness, be forewarned, I will delete your comments.

You'll notice the title of the blog. It says they need to "Get Real" or "Get Out". So what do I mean by that? If you watched Impact last night, you most likely were not disappointed. It was a very good show, with very minimal Hogan airtime, and another big reveal in the Aces & Eights storyline. Turning point is gearing up to be an awesome PPV. Aries/Hardy Ladder Match, Joe/Magnus No Holds Barred, Roode/Styles/Storm Triple Threat, Daniels/Kaz vs Chavo/Hernandez Tag Title Match, most likely a Joey Ryan/RVD X Division Title Match...plus whatever else they'll be throwing at us. They're putting on good shows, they're building feuds, they're doing everything we've been hoping they were going to do. If you've read and agreed with my Sudden Impact blogs, you'll know that advancing storylines and feud building has always been a thing I've felt they were lacking. So they didn't close the Magnus/Joe feud at OFN. They advanced it. Hogan put high stakes in the Triple Threat match...it may seem predictable that AJ will lose but honestly, TNA's been curve-balling us to death recently, so we'll see. With this kind of momentum, especially coming off BFG, which I thought was the best PPV of the year, it's time to get real.

The fact is, there's real potential here. I've blogged all that stuff before so I don't want to be repetitive. I'm not going to talk about all the things TNA needs to do to improve. But I do want to say that they really need to get real. And what I mean is, it's time to throw down. It's time to become professional. It's now time to invest money and grow the company. Only 1.5 rating points separate the two companies. It could be a mirage, since WWE's ratings have taken hits, but TNA's ratings really haven't. And they face a lot of the same stiff competition as WWE. Last night they went against an NFL game and 3...count em...3 college football games. One of those games, was a big time game between Miami and Va Tech. Now, both teams are having down years but they both have huge and dedicated fan bases. All four of these games were airing at some point during the TNA telecast, so that's a pretty big mountain to conquer. If their ratings come out and it's still near the same as it's been, which is basically right around 1.0, then that's a victory. But, they need to grow. So the best thing for TNA to do at this point, is move...to Mondays. That's right. I said it. Go head to head with WWE and be the WWF, going against WCW from the mid-nineties.

Why go head to head with WWE on Monday Nights? Simple. You have nothing to lose. Chances are, your ratings will actually grow, because you'll steal from WWE. Think about it. There's WWE fans, there's TNA fans, then there's fans of both. So if your a fan of both, and Alberto Del Rio is doing battle with Justin Gabriel, or Zack Ryder, what are you going to watch? That? Or how would you like to switch over to Spike and see what's happening with Aces & Eights, or with Bully Ray? I know my answer. Example two. If they're on their 3rd segment involving Vickie Guerrero and John Cena about an affair, wouldn't it be nice to switch over and see Zema Ion almost lose to a Gut Check opponent who was very impressive in the ring? Or what about the next thing Matt Morgan is going to do?

If you're a fan of both, this is the perfect scenario. Because since Raw has moved to 3 hours, what are you really missing? If you break down Raw, you get a hit or miss promo in the beginning, one good match somewhere in the middle, and hit or miss cliff hanger type ending. A cliff-hanger type ending that you wouldn't miss if TNA went head to head because WWE has the overrun of about 5-10 minutes. And if you're TNA, your faithful will follow you to Monday Nights. So why not jump on the opportunity to siphon some viewers from what I can only imagine has been a lackluster WWE product.

The other half of this blog mentions that if they're not going to get real, they need to get out. Not out of the wrestling industry, but out from the owners. Panda Energy, Dixie Carter, whoever is the Owner of that company, needs to sell to someone with a keen business mind. Dixie Carter is sitting as president of her Daddy's company. She really doesn't do a whole lot. They have the Impact Zone open for free admission. I mean, you have to assume that they're not in it to make money. Otherwise, they'd have more than just Direct Auto Insurance as their sponsors. It's like they're main stream, but want to do it on an indy budget. Anyone who knows anything about running a business, knows that you can't grow that way. Just because WWE is Walmart, doesn't mean TNA can't be Target. So, if TNA doesn't want to be Target, and instead, wants to be Joe's General Store, then they should sell to someone who does want to be Target.

I don't know anything about the wrestling business. But I do know about regular business. And in any company, the only way you're going to succeed is by having the drive, the passion, and the belief in your product. While TNA is putting on great shows, no one knows about it. From a business standpoint, TNA has not taken the necessary steps to try and succeed as a viable wrestling organization. They need to break out of this frame of mind where it's WWE and everyone else. They have a weekly show. They could probably have two. They have great talent that isn't just ex-WWE wrestlers. Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Zema Ion, Bobby Roode, James Storm. This is a great nucleus of wrestling talent that they can build around. They need to show the world that it's not just WWE. WWE is teetering right now. And it's only because they can afford to. TNA needs to stop getting in their own way. If there ever was a time to compete with WWE, it's now. While WWE is lulling along in comfort. TNA can strike.

TNA...the time is now. Get Real....Or Get Out!!!

Submit "The Time Has Come: TNA Needs to Get Real or Get Out" to Digg Submit "The Time Has Come: TNA Needs to Get Real or Get Out" to del.icio.us Submit "The Time Has Come: TNA Needs to Get Real or Get Out" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Time Has Come: TNA Needs to Get Real or Get Out" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm telling FOR a fact, I legit would not watch raw anymore if tna moved to Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam
    I'm telling FOR a fact, I legit would not watch raw anymore if tna moved to Monday.
    So why do you watch Raw now?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealOutlaw
    So why do you watch Raw now?
    Because unlike the mindless cattle of this site, who need that special surgery, he is actually a "Wrestling" fan. He actually opens his mind to stuff that's not WWE.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.