View RSS Feed

deadly56

If John Cena Retired Tomorrow

Rate this Entry
If John Cena Retired Tomorrow

In this blog I will suggest superstars, who are currently in WWE, that would take John's spot as face of the company if he left WWE. I am not saying he is leaving, but if it was to happen. The superstars I have chosen are in no particular order, but the last superstar would be my great pick. Anyway, lets get on with the blog.

Rey Mysterio
​
He is currently 37 years old and debuted in WWE since 2002. He is a former 4 time Tag Team Champion, 2 time Intercontinental Champion, 3 time Cruiser Weight Champion, 2 time World Heavy Weight Champion and a WWE Champion. He won the 2006 Royal Rumble and is the 21st Triple Crown Winner.

I can see why he is WWE's biggest little man. I bet if he was physical enough, since his in-ring return this year, he would be in the main event scene right now. This year, I recall, at Summerslam which was his first PPV back he got injured battling against The Miz. The reason why hes's even with Sin Cara, at the moment, is because it's less work for him to compete in the ring. The other reason, you may already know, is there rumored match for Wrestlemania29. The WWE loves a great Tag Team history, for when opponents face each other, and it should be a great match for Rey to retire while losing to Cara. You may now wonder; why did I pick Rey as a option to be face of the WWE? This one is easy. He sells huge merchandise! He sells it especially well to the Mexican fan base which is the number 1 biggest buyers for the WWE. That is the main reason why John Cena is the face of the company. It is only logical to find a superstar who also sells a lot of merchandise to kids. It is PG era after all.

Sheamus

He is currently 34 years old and debuted in WWE since 2009. He is a former United States Champion, World Heavy Weight Champion and a 2 time WWE Champion. He also won the 2012 Royal Rumble, as well as King of the Ring in 2010.

Sheamus has only been in the WWE for three years, and his accolades are very impressive. He just lost his World Heavy Weight Championship to Big Show, at Hell In The Cell, which shall I say was defiantly match of the night. His World Heavy Weight Championship reign may be dull for a lot of people but still one of the belts longest reigns. I know a lot of people don't like Sheamus because they feel he's being shoved down our throats, I agree with that, but at least we receive quality matches. I don't mean on Raw, or Smackdown. I am talking about PPV's. Did you guys take the time and actually watch his matches against Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and occasionally Del Rio. I know I did, and they where all quality matches. I look forward to watching his rematch against Big Show, at Survivor series. Anyway, I believe Sheamus would be a good replacement for John Cena, and he may be pushed down our throats now and again, but not as bad as Cena and not have superman comebacks during matches, well PPV matches.

Randy Orton

He is currently 32 years old and debuted in WWE since 2002. He is a former Intercontinental Champion, World Tag Team Champion, 3 time World Heavy Weight Champion and 6 time WWE Champion. He also won the 2009 Royal Rumble.

Randy Orton is at a state of his career where if he has one more strike he will be out of WWE, because the use of steroids. I believe that is the main reason why he hasn't got the World Heavy Championship in his grasp. I also believe sending to him to Smackdown was a bad idea, it makes him more of a afterthought, if he's not World Heavy Weight Champion, or challenging for the Belt. Anyway before there was a Sheamus or CM Punk. Randy Orton was the clearest person to take over, if anything happened to Cena, but I guess now it's a good thing we got more options. Especially the current state of Orton now, don't get me wrong, he's still one of the best in WWE, but he could be doing a lot better than he's doing now. And, if he really is going to shoot a movie soon shouldn't he be putting people over. I may have you guys confuse right now because i'm saying one thing than going against what i'm saying. Let me elaborate. I'm basically saying if WWE are pushing him give him a good push, if not why push him in the first place.

Ryback

He is 30 years old. Ryback hasn't won any achievements, since he re-debuted this year.

Ryback his the youngest out of all my list, but has the less experience in WWE. He has one of the best reactions from the crowd, and has the best catch phrase 'Feed me more' which the crowd also chants to. His most memorable match was, at the Hell In The Cell PPV, when he went 1 on 1 with CM Punk for the WWE Championship. He lost, and as a result ended his big undefeated streak. Everything may still be going swell for Ryback, but no matter how much the crowd loves him I hope he never wins a World Championship for now. He still has a lot more to prove but like most rising talent now a days he may be zoomed to the top, and when everything doesn't go according to plan he gets back down and splat on the floor...ouch!

CM Punk

He is currently 34 years old and debuted in WWE since 2006. He is a former intercontinental Champion, World Tag Team Champion, 3 time World Heavy Weight Champion and a two time WWE Champion. He also won the 2008 and 2009 Money In The Bank matches(the only wrestler to win it twice in a row) He is also the 19th Triple Crown Winner, and won the slammy award '2011 superstar of the year'.

I know all of you knew some where down the line, the current WWE Champion, CM Punk would be on this list. He is the main focus in WWE right now. I know sometime after Wrestlemania WWE will need CM Punk to make a switch again. The problem here is people find CM Punk boring as a face. The majority of his face run he was losing views, and if your the face of the company that's a pretty bad thing. If your the face of the company your suppose to attract more views, not the other way around. Now imagine this, lets say CM Punk never turned heel at SummerSlam. Do you think he would still be WWE Champion? Would you still be on board the CM Punk bandwagon? I don't know the answer, but I do know there would be a decline in the answer being yes.

My pick would be Randy Orton, if Cena retired tomorrow
Lets first see why I turned down the rest of the superstars I've picked.
Rey Mysterio maybe sell a lot of merchandise to kids, and it is convenient being in the PG era, but he's too much of a injury prone and is way up there in age. Sheamus may have a good career but he doesn't have enough recognition in the WWE universe. Ryback is to new, and will be unable to handle being face of the company, after barley being in WWE for a year. It was between CM Punk and Randy Orton for my choice, but I went with Orton because the WWE universe are more familiar with him. He also has much more experience, than Punk in WWE. He is also just about younger than Punk and recently signed a 10 years contract with WWE. But has already two wellness policy's, while Punk has none. If you, or WWE wanted to take a risk its best to go with Punk, but to stay on the safe side Randy Orton is the answer.

Well, that's the end of my blog, I hope you had a good read. It would be great to hear what you guys thought of my blog and superstars you may agree or disagree with. Let me know if there's anyone you would put in. Anyway, peace.

Submit "If John Cena Retired Tomorrow" to Digg Submit "If John Cena Retired Tomorrow" to del.icio.us Submit "If John Cena Retired Tomorrow" to StumbleUpon Submit "If John Cena Retired Tomorrow" to Google

Updated 11-04-2012 at 10:37 AM by deadly56

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by #BITW
    anyone can take cenas spot, its not difficult overbooking a boring talentless idiot. now when you got 5 or 6 top guys like the AE then it would be difficult replacing them
    If anyone can take his spot, why hasn't anyone been able to do so?

Anyways, I don't think there is anyone on the roster that that have proven themselves to be a draw like Cena just yet. I guess you can make the case of them not being able to get the chance of proving themselves as top draws so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I think there are a few wrestlers in NXT that I can definitely see making it t the top in the WWE. Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam
    Considering no one has a realistic answer, I'll give it to you. wrestling itself will die.... cena can't die or get injured or leave because he is holding all this shit up! He is the literal foundation of wrestling 2004-on. I'm sorry to say this, but if we lose him, then there's a bad chance we lose wrestling.
    Valid points, but history itself disagrees. One could argue the same sCENArio when the yellow and red left.

Wrestling will continue and WWE has positioned itself to rely on older Attitude Era wrestlers to bridge the gap until a new star is found.

And in the desperate times where both organizations would be going out of business, pretty sure they would put their differences aside and do business together for some crappy invasion angle. Trust me, business people run this show. No one is going out of business with or without Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by texrodgers
    Valid points, but history itself disagrees. One could argue the same sCENArio when the yellow and red left.

Wrestling will continue and WWE has positioned itself to rely on older Attitude Era wrestlers to bridge the gap until a new star is found.

And in the desperate times where both organizations would be going out of business, pretty sure they would put their differences aside and do business together for some crappy invasion angle. Trust me, business people run this show. No one is going out of business with or without Cena.
    You are definitely right. But I have trouble imagining that finding a new John cena is going to be possible
    People asked the same question about Rowdy Piper, Hulk, Andre, Savage, Hart..all these guys departed a long time ago..and guess what?..the WWF became the WWE and continued. Cena can go anytime he likes. He is not the wing nut, Vince has always been the wing nut that held it together. Worry more about him passing away than Cena retiring. The Rock, Austin left at the same time while Triple H was injured and Michaels was awol..as result they still had a great year and Stephanie/Shane played much bigger roles..jericho himself states that is why he was chosen to be the first unified champ..the E never just fades away.
    It's all about Cody Rhodes. Let him feud with Undertaker.
    Build around Seth Rollins, Zack Ryder, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler..
    Quote Originally Posted by lefthandright
    People asked the same question about Rowdy Piper, Hulk, Andre, Savage, Hart..all these guys departed a long time ago..and guess what?..the WWF became the WWE and continued. Cena can go anytime he likes. He is not the wing nut, Vince has always been the wing nut that held it together. Worry more about him passing away than Cena retiring. The Rock, Austin left at the same time while Triple H was injured and Michaels was awol..as result they still had a great year and Stephanie/Shane played much bigger roles..jericho himself states that is why he was chosen to be the first unified champ..the E never just fades away.
    Wrong. Incorrect. Absolutely Way Off. Huuuuuuuge difference between these situations. There was competition. There were other very well known promotions out there. WCW, which had more money and more star power than WWF. The industry woudn't have died with them, like it would now. Now? There's nowhere to go. No one is a big enough star to keep the train going.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.