View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

WWE RAW 10/29 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge

Rating: 5 votes, 1.00 average.
I know what you're thinking. How did RAW fair this week in the ratings? Did they continue to decline? They did climb in the ratings this time around? What did I wear for halloween? And how many girls call me on a regular basis?

Well, here are your answers. Better than the previous weeks but not by much. No. Yes. A wolf mask. And, more than you can imagine. Alright, that last one was a lie, but the others aren't. This time around, RAW received higher numbers than they've gotten over the last two months or so. Is this a good sign of things getting back to normal? Only time will tell. But until then -- time you FEED! YOU! MORE! numbers.

The October 29th WWE RAW with the fallout from Hell In a Cell did a 2.95 cable rating. For the most part, it appears things are slowly but surely returning to normal for the flagship show. Well, in terms of ratings, if anything else. It's still below average, but its definitely more acceptable than the previous weeks of 2.5s and 2.48s. It's also worth noting that this is the best rating RAW has gotten since the football season began. Take that however you feel. Anyways, let's take a look at what helped and hurt the show this week.

The opener with CM Punk and Mick Foley did a 3.21 quarter rating. How do you open up a show properly? Well, by having a heated verbal dispute between CM Punk and Mick Foley, of course. And what do we get from this verbal dispute? The announcement that we will be having a WWE Survivor Series traditional tag match involving Punk and Foley as team captains. Not just that, the teams will be announced at the end of the show. A strong opening in terms of viewership, perhaps the strongest of all three hour RAWs, and its rewarded by announcing the main event of the next PPV and the picks at the end of the show. Nice way to hook fans.

JTG vs. Ryback lost 432,000 viewers. Yet another bad sign for Ryback, and you know something -- this irritated me. First off, what sense does it make for Ryback to go from facing WWE champion CM Punk in the MAIN EVENT the night before to opening the show against a jobber named JTG. Huge step down! If Ryback is a main eventer, doesn't he need to face, oh I don't know, main eventers?? Get him away from jobbers. Secondly, the fact that Ryback is losing viewers is a clear indication that pushing him soon was a bad idea. It's exposed his flaws to a lot of the viewers and, based off of the statisics, they do not like what they see. His matches are predictable to the point that they've become misable and that needs to change. Hopefully things turn around for Ryback.

Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton plus Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil gained 124,000 viewers.
We got a nice little increase in viewership for the next two matches. Obviously, one would assume Orton was the magnet attracting the viewers back, but do not count out Wade Barrett or "Hell No" who have also shown in increases in their segments over the last month. Regardless of who was the main DRAW, an increase is never bad.

The segment with Vickie Guerrero and John Cena at 9pm gained 373,000 viewers for a 3.25 quarter rating. The usual time slot people tune in and, for the most part, things are shaping up good for RAW. The AJ Lee and John Cena "affair" is the focus for this slot. Personally, I think the storyline is stupid and couldn't care less about AJ and Cena making "whoopie" especially since Vickie Guerrero has done it before with other wrestlers: Marriage with Edge, affair with Big Show, and interest with Ziggler. I do have some interest in a Dolph Ziggler verses John Cena feud, though. Depending on how terrible this storyline gets, however, that might change very quickly.

Antonio Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston and a backstage segment with Vickie and AJ Lee lost 451,000 viewers. Pointless match between Antonio Cesaro and Kofi Kingston that did nothing for anyone. Do I have to repeat what happens when you don't do things with your champions? No? Okay, then I won't. I will say it is nice that AJ Lee is back to wrestling though. I can't say I'll miss her as General Manager -- she was more like a mall cop than anything else working under the real authorities, which is Vince McMahon and the Board.

Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal plus Beth Phoenix vs. AJ lost 304,000 more viewers. This hurts me for two reasons. One, this included Beth Phoenix's last match before her hiatus from the company. Two, it also include 3MB who I will admit is a guilty pleasure of mine. Yes, I know they're a joke, but they're a FUNNY joke! Come on. Its a southern red neck, a scotsmen, and a punjabi prince trying to be a boy band and its terrible. You can't tell me that's not comedy gold! Also, its worth noting that for a month, all the segments that Zack Ryder and Santino Marella have been involved in lost viewers. Uh-oh.

Sheamus and Big Show's segment at 10pm did 324,000 viewers for a 2.94 quarter rating. This, so far, is the biggest growth in viewership for the top of the dreaded third hour. See what happens when you advertise stuff ahead of time, WWE? The segment wasn't even anything special. Sheamus comes out to ask for a rematch against Big Show. He talks about how he does not care about winning a belt but he loves to fight -- which asks the question why the hell is he even asking for a rematch to begin with -- and Show comes out to tell him he isn't worth his time. Sheamus picks up Big Show, because we have NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE, and slams him with the White Noise. End segment.

Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes lost 189,000 viewers. Very good wrestling match between two very impressive tag teams. Too bad it did nothing for some of the viewers at home. I'm sure this was around the time fans got exhausted and tune out from the show, like usual. So we really can't blame the guys inside the ring on this one. Three hours is just too long for some fans.

The in-ring presentation with Susan G. Komen lost 143,000 viewers. Great gesture by WWE. Not something fans watch the show for, which explains why some tuned out.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Justin Gabriel gained 59,000 viewers. Looks like Justin Gabriel is becoming a regular fixture on RAW. On top of that, his match gained some viewers. Is this a sign of things to come? Let's see.

The final segment with Team Punk and Team Foley gained 708,000 viewers for a 3.26 overrun rating. This should surprise no one. The show was built around this segment and it was first thing advertised at the start. It gained the most viewrs and it had the highest rating of the entire show. I won't lie when I say I was kind of disappointed when the contestants were announced, but I still do have some reserves about it. Depending on what WWE does with it, I may end up salivating for it or completely skipping it. Only time will tell.

As usual, I leave you guys with the video of the week. This video takes a look at the pros and cons of the main event and what things WWE can do to make us excited for it. They only have two weeks to do it, and yes you read that correctly, so here is hoping things heat up:

Until next week, stay classy readers.

Submit "WWE RAW 10/29 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Digg Submit "WWE RAW 10/29 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE RAW 10/29 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE RAW 10/29 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Google

Updated 11-02-2012 at 10:30 AM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ryback is losing viewers because the moment u say Ryback vs some jobber, ppl know Ryback is going to win n since, Punk n Foley had their segment ppl are double assured that Punk will do nothing in Ryback's match...

when even 6yr old kids can predict things, you'll lose viewers....
    Wrestling_Deluxe_08: If I could give you a belt for every time you make a good post, you'd be Ric Flair by now. And that's the TRUTH

Sahu: You can't speak the TRUTH any clearer. The thing with Ryberg is that you know what's going to happen by looking @ his opponent. He needs a slight tweek in his gimick. You knew what was going to happen in a Goldberg match...but you still watched. Ryberg needs to find that niche.

...the truth hurts
    Deluxeman you have done it again. Your blogs and videos are just genious. I truly do enjoy the idea of team members clashing against one another and a swerve of some kind. It is just so dang interesting and that wold truly make me want to see the match even more. Thank you for all your opinions.
    After Survivor Series, I hope we finally see Foley vs Punk. It could be at TLC perhaps. I know Foley is no longer able to compete at a main event level, but some sort of extreme match he will be able to work.
    One problem with Punk vs Foley at TLC.... We 100% know Punk will win it would be better off to do Cena vs Punk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2
    One problem with Punk vs Foley at TLC.... We 100% know Punk will win it would be better off to do Cena vs Punk.
    Well let me ask you this. Does it matter if CM Punk wins or not? Cause damn man. The match would be insane! Personally, I'll watch it for the simply fact that it'll be a hardcore all-out brawl and bloodfest. Punk apparently has political pull to blade in his match. You know damn well Foley is going to take serious bumps and insane spots.
    If they really had to do the 3 weeks vs 6 weeks thing, I think they should've done 3 weeks for Hell in a Cell and 6 for Survivor Series. Survivor Series is supposed to be one of the big 4 PPVs of the year... 3 weeks of build is a complete joke quite frankly. Non-title matches should in theory require more storyline building than title matches do because the draw of a title match is the title being on the line.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.