View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Hell in a Cell Quick Results and Thoughts

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. Thank you to the comments on my post from the other day on my predictions for Hell in a Cell. Now I will share with you my thoughts on what actually transpired.

[U][B]Results[/B][/U]
CM Punk def. Ryback in a Hell in a Cell match to retain the WWE Title
Big Show def. Sheamus to win the World Heavyweight Title
Kofi Kingston def. The Miz to retain the Intercontinental Title
Antonio Cesaro def. Justin Gabriel to retain the United States Title
Eve Torres def. Layla and Kaitlyn to retaiin the Divas Title
Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow def. Kane & Daniel Bryan via DQ
Randy Orton def. Alberto Del Rio
Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara def. Darren Young & Titus O'Neil

[B][U]My Thoughts

[/U][/B][I]WWE Championship match[/I]

For a minute, I actually thought WWE Creative were going to have Ryback walk out of Hell in a Cell with the WWE Championship. The finish took me by surprise. I thought Ryback was going to hit the Shell Shocked and Punk was to kick out. The referee low blowing Ryback was a bit of a shock to me and I'm sure alot of people too. Even though it was a pretty good and unexpected finish, for a Hell in a Cell match, there was not much action using the Cell itself. Really, the only reason the cell was there was for the end segment. Other than that, it might as well have been a No Disqualification match.

[B]Rating: 3/5 Stars [/B]

[I]World Heavyweight Championship match

[/I]In MY opinion, the World Title match was THE match of the night. It was way better then the WWE Title match. The ending took me by surprise. When Big Show hit the first KO Punch, I thought that was it. I wasn't expecting Sheamus to kick out of it. I was somewhat impressed when Sheamus hoisted Big Show up and hit the White Noise. The Big Show hitting a quick second KO Punch, which countered the Brogue Kick was a really good finish. I was half expecting Dolph Ziggler to come out and cash in Money in the Bank, a repeat of what happened last year at WWE TLC. I am sort of glad he didn't though. Now we can see Big Show have a proper title reign, for the first time in nearly ten years.

[B]Rating: 4.5/5 stars [/B]

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND LEAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS BELOW.

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Hell in a Cell Quick Results and Thoughts" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Hell in a Cell Quick Results and Thoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Hell in a Cell Quick Results and Thoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Hell in a Cell Quick Results and Thoughts" to Google

Updated 11-02-2012 at 01:40 AM by ozfan

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Really, the only reason the cell was there was for the end segment.
    I actually agree. There was no point in having the actuall HIAC match. So they might as well have gotten rid of the Hell in a Cell PPV all together and had a normal No DQ match. Good, Clever, Interesting and Agreeable.
    Updated 10-30-2012 at 01:50 AM by ozfan
    My guess is tonight on RAW we see a new World Heavyweight Champion. I'm sure Big Show will come out and brag about being a champion for almost 24 hours, etc etc. He'll likely call Sheamus out to the ring, we see Sheamus giving Show a Brogue kick, Ziggler immediately cashes in on Vickie's show and new Champ. I cant see them doing something like this on a recorded show, but I could see it happening live. Just dont see any way Ziggler wins the title other than this. The fact that this briefcase is only good for the WHC, kind of pigeon holes Ziggler to going over Show one way or another.
    This hell in a cell match didnt use the actual cell, just like the Undertaker vs. Triple H hell in a cell match at WM28. In that one it was only used in the beginning but vast majority of it was in the middle of the ring with weapons. It sucks that hell in a cell matches are like this now. where the structure itself isn't even put into great use. It's just there to trap people. Sad what WWE does to hell in a cell matches.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.