View RSS Feed

The Royal Ramble

The Royal Ramble: Top Ten Wrestlers To Never Win The WWE Championship!

Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
FOLLOW ME @The_RoyalRamble on TWITTER! Awesome announcement coming on my next blog!

In the world of the WWE, you can accomplish many things. For some, getting a spot on the show is an accomplishment. But, you're main accomplishment in the WWE should be winning the big one and that's the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship. In this day and age in the WWE, the people that deserve the title have a better chance of winning than years ago. There are numerous wrestlers that should have won the title at least once, these are my top ten. I will put the name of the wrestler and put the year that should have won next to them. Some may agree with the list and of course, some won't. If you guys want, in the comment box, put your top ten list. Let's start the Ramble!

10. Goldust - 1996
If Goldust was to ever win the WWE Championship in the year 1996 would have been that year. The bizarre one was on top of his game in this year and was one of the top heels of the company at that time. In this year, he won the Intercontinental title, defended it against several of top stars at the time, and had a great feud with Roddy Piper leading up to WrestleMania 12. As his push was looking to get bigger, it remained at the same spot. He remained as top mid-card heel for several years but never got the main event push that he deserved.

9. Rick Rude - 1990
Rick Rude was one these guys that you love to hate. He was so brash and arrogant, but he had the talent to back it up. At SummerSlam 1990, Rude wrestled the Ultimate Warrior in a Steel Cage match for the WWE Championship. In my eyes, Rude should have won the match and title. His contract was up just two months later and that maybe one of the factors to why he didn't win.

8. Razor Ramon - 1992/1996
Razor Ramon was becoming one of the biggest stars that the WWE had in the early 90s. He was a multiple time IC champion and had one of the greatest WrestleMania matches of all time! He showed that he can be a heel or a face and no matter which one he was, he was very good in doing it! The first time he could have won was when he was a heel in 1992 when he was in a feud with Bret Hart and the second was when he was gaining more popularity as a face in 1996. Razor probably would have became the champion if he didn't get suspended for drug use in 1996. After his suspension he really never got back to where was and ultimately ended in him joining WCW.

7. British Bulldog - 1992
Davey Boy Smith, the British Bulldog looked to be the next big thing in the WWE after his classic of a match with Bret Hart at SummerSlam in 1992. As he continued to get pushed, at the end of the year he was caught getting a steroid from England which ultimately ended his run in WWE for the time being and killed any chance of him winning the big one!

6. Paul Orndorff - 1987
"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff showed that he could be a great champion for the company as a heel. He was in the main event of the first WrestleMania and was one of the best rivals to Hulk Hogan in the late 80s. But it was in 1987 when Orndorff should have became the WWE Champion. He feuded with Hogan for about half of a year and one was one of the most popular feuds for the Hulkster. In that half of a year, Orndorff should have if not once but twice! Orndorff seriously injured his arm during a weightlifting incident and after the feud with Hogan, he wasn't around for that much longer and semi-retired in 1988.

5. Dusty Rhodes - 1990
Dusty Rhodes is one of the greatest stars of all time but to never see him hold the WWE Championship is just sad. He wasn't in the WWE for long but when he was he was the polka-dotted "common man." Some felt this as an insult to him but Rhodes made the best of it and become a huge fan favorite and had a great rivalry with the "Macho Man" Randy Savage. He could have used for title picture in 1990 but never was. In January 1991, he worked the Royal Rumble and then left the WWE and ended his full-time wrestling career.

4. Billy Gunn - 1999
He was an ass man, no doubt about that. Bad Ass Billy Gunn deserved a way better WWE run than he got. He was apart of one of the best tag-teams the WWE has ever seen, the New Age Outlaws. In 1999 the duo split and it looked like the WWE was going to give the run Billy Gunn deserved. Gunn won the King of the Ring and had several big matches that looked as if he was on his way to the top. But his push came to a halt and was put back together with Road Dogg. After this happened, his career never really got back to the momentum he had built up in the year of 1999. He proved in his matches, that he could have been considered a great. He had great mic skills and ring ability. Today in the WWE, I think he could be used very well if he considered taking one more run and shot at it. Maybe team him with Ziggler or feud with him. Billy Gunn will always go down in my eyes one of the most underrated talents of all time.

3. Owen Hart - 1994
In the year 1994, Owen and Bret Hart had one of the greatest rivalries of all time and at SummerSlam 1994 the two wrestled for the title in a Steel Cage. Owen should have really went over in this match. If he would have won, we could have gotten to see him wrestle Bret a few more times. Every time these two got in the ring together it was magic! Owen deserved the title almost more than anyone else in the company. After this year was over, Owen pretty much stayed in as a mid-carder for the rest of his career and never really got back into the main event scene like in 1994.

2. Mr. Perfect - 1992/1993
Mr. Perfect returned to the ring in 1992 as a face for the first time in his career and immediately became a fan favorite. He was getting a very big push and had several big feuds with Ric Flair, Lex Luger, and Shawn Michaels. When he looked to be continued to be pushed he retired due to back injuries. He would return to the ring years later but never got back to the main event scene.

1. Rowdy Roddy Piper - 1985/1986
If there was anyone who deserved to be the champion more, it would be Roddy Piper! The Hot Rod was biggest heel for a few years and in my eyes if it wasn't for him, WrestleMania would have never been so successful! Everyone watched it because they wanted to see Piper get his ass kicked by Hogan! If there wasn't that rivalry, who knows where the WWE would be today. Piper deserved to win the title from Hogan but never did. He remained one of the most popular wrestlers of all time but was still never given the chance to hold the gold!

Thank you for reading, I hope you all enjoyed it. Any ideas for next blog? Send it to me on TWITTER (@The_RoyalRamble) or in the comment box. Thank you guys! On my next blog I will announce my awesome announcement....It's been a long time coming!

Submit "The Royal Ramble: Top Ten Wrestlers To Never Win The WWE Championship!" to Digg Submit "The Royal Ramble: Top Ten Wrestlers To Never Win The WWE Championship!" to del.icio.us Submit "The Royal Ramble: Top Ten Wrestlers To Never Win The WWE Championship!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Royal Ramble: Top Ten Wrestlers To Never Win The WWE Championship!" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow I dont mean to be rude but terrible list. I dont see how Dusthy Rhodes, Paul Orndorff and Billy Gun could be over Rick Rude or The British Bulldog. and if This list is People who didnt win a title in WWF/WWE How is Diabise, Jake Roberts, Harley Race and Vader not on here?.

and Billy Gun was not good on the mic, There was a reason Why billy Gunns only speaking words in DX and the NAO's were SUCK IT.

I like your top two, They would be easily in my top 5 maybe even top 3.
    @crippler thats why this is a personal list. Its an opinion, my friend. Good read and i happen to agree with you on billy gunn. Some reports say theres interest in bringing him back. I hope that scenario pans out. Id like to see him feud with cena for some reason.
    List is pointless without Dibiase or Roberts.
    Ricky Steamboat damn sure should have won the WWF/E championship has much as anyone. Ricky worked great with everyone. I agree about Shelton 100%, all he needed was somebody to talk for him. Bobby Heenan would have been the perfect choice for Mr. Benjamin.
    Everyone says Benjamin needed a manager... If you look over history the superstars that did well with a manager also had good charisma themselves. Heenan was magnificent at this with guys like Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect. Sensational Sherri and Shawn Michaels also were fantastic together. The manager was almost a way to enhance the charisma of a talent almost like a non-wrestling tag-team partner. Sometimes wrestlers do very well with a manager substituting for a lack of charisma (Brock Lesnar/Paul Heyman a big example but I truly felt Brock got much, much better on the stick towards the end of his first WWE run) but despite how good Benjamin was in the ring, I don't even think a Paul Heyman-esque manager could push him all that way. I just didn't get "it" from him. Does anyone think putting a big personality (like Booker T for instance) could help Kofi? I don't...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.