View RSS Feed

Chaston80

They Earned it! The Rock Earned it!

Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
I have read this statement over and over again...a garbage statement from the IWC that really bothers me. "The Rock winning the WWE title would ruin the prestige of the championship." I have read that statement over and over in multiple different ways. And all I can think is, the IWC has really forgotten the superstars, and specifically The Rock that made the WWE title prestigious in the first place.

From Hulk Hogan to Macho Man Randy Savage, from Bret Hart to Shawn Michaels and from Stone Cold Steve Austin to The Rock...all these men had left their mark on the WWE title and made it center of the WWE Universe. Now, I won't go and argue which era was better or anything like that. I certainly won't take anything away from the champions pre attitude era. However to drive the point home on the title of my blog, They Earned it! Guy's like Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and The Rock ushered in the Attitude Era...more importantly during that era each of these men paid their dues and worked hard to make WWE the dominate force in sports entertainment. The Rock Earned it! Being one of the men that made sure guys like John Cena, Randy Orton and especially CM Punk still had a WWE to work for and win the prestigious WWE title. Lets face it, we all know the history of the Monday Night Wars and the Attidude Era. So I am not gonna go over all those details, we all know The Rock, Dwayne Johnson was there for all of it and became a huge reason we tuned in every week to watch Raw and Smackdown. I mean seriously, one of WWE weekly shows is named after his damn word that he invented. And one last thing that may not mean much to the IWC...but Vince Mcmahon himself said the WWE is The Rocks "toy box" and he can come and go as he pleases.

How much proof do you need to realize that The Rock winning a title he helped keep relevant would never tarnish the title itself. Especially if the IWC's only complaint as far as I can see is that Dwayne is not a full time superstar. It certainly was John Cena's only gripe during their fued. Congrats IWC, your all regurgatating Cena's complaint. Oh I almost forgot, another complaint is that it takes away from the talent that is currently on the roster. Yeah, try again...seriously, if anyone on the roster earned the right to hold the title, they would be challenging for it. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the guys on the roster and I know eventually some of them will earn the title. But thats just it, they still have to earn it. They are all doing what The Rock already did, paying their dues. I will even go as far as to say there are one or two guys who have already earned it. But as many of you like to point out, they are "full time" so they will get their shot.

All in all, if anyone who earned the respect and spot that the has earned came back and won the title I wouldn't have any problem with it. Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and Mick Foley among some others could do this and I wouldn't flinch. In fact, between superstars like Edge and Trish Stratus have left with the title around their waste. So its actually my wish that The Rock gets this really rare occurance where he wins the WWE title and retains at WrestleMania. Just my sidenote here, I think it would be great if The Rock did that, turned heel last second leaving with the title and having occasional promos via satellite about how he still has the title. The story could go similar to CM Punks when he left only it could last longer. In the meantime, they could come up with a different looking WWE title which everyone has been screaming for and when The Rock makes another comeback, it could be another WWE champ vs WWE champ where The Rock could put over whoever had earned it by then.

So here is your chance, let me know what you think. Honestly how could anyone believe that The Rock could take away from the prestige of the WWE title when there are so many story lines that can come from him winning and putting over talent. And if you think he hasnt put over talent or put the company first...see Brock Lesnar or Goldberg during both times Dwayne Johnson left to establish his movie career.

Submit "They Earned it! The Rock Earned it!" to Digg Submit "They Earned it! The Rock Earned it!" to del.icio.us Submit "They Earned it! The Rock Earned it!" to StumbleUpon Submit "They Earned it! The Rock Earned it!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I think the biggest problem with the Rock is that he is the most GLORIFIED TRANSITIONAL Champion in history. Most of the time he held the belt was just to lose it to Austin. His only lengthy reign was after winning it at KotR in 2000 and even that was more memorable for HHH and Angle fighting each other to see who could beat the Rock. I know most would say his fued with Foley was memorable, and it was, but it would have been just as good without the title involved. Mick once said he 'may have been a transitional champion but by God he was the best transitional champion ever', but I believe that title belongs to The Rock.
    I honestly do not think Rock holding the title will tarnish it at all but why does he need it? The Rock as you pointed out has been there done that so why give him the belt right now? I have no doubt he could come in and get the belt at any time and do well with it and for it but Rock is money anytime anyway with or without gold around his waist so why ruin the story with Punk's roll...talk about Rock making stars in his time right now does he really need the belt to do that?
    The only thing I can completely agree with this blog, is your last sentence..well part of it. "Dwayne Johnson left to establish his movie career" your dead on about that! You tried to put rock hand in hand with many other great names that loved the business and made it their livelihoods. And they only walked away when their health was in jeopardy..not when they saw a bigger paycheck.

Rock left 8 years ago to go make movies...and that was respectful, but then he wanted to come back around WrestleMania time to hog up the spotlight...sorry that's just wrong. In my book he needs to get back at the end of the line and earn his stripes again. I know realisticly it will never happen. but it should.

The Rock wants the WWE Title so he can promote his movies, and the WWE wants The Rock to have the Title to promote the company while Rock promotes his movies. This is all about ADVERTISEMENT, and the WWE Title is being pimped out. Hell! why not bring back David Arquette back, and give him the World Heavyweight Title?
    -Rick Starr Hardcore Wrestling Radio
    Updated 01-24-2013 at 08:20 PM by Rick Starr
    @Rick Starr: you want the rock to get at the end of the line? Behind a shit ton of people who cant hold a candle to him in the ring or on a mic? The rock has earned a permanant spot at the top and with his promo delivery, would be unbelievable anywhere else. Fact: the wwe still works with the rock cuz he puts asses in seats but ill be god damned if he hasnt entertained and been the highlight of my monday nights since his return.
    No, Rock's tenure with the title was never very long, but considering Undertaker never held the title for any length of time longer than the Rock did, I would never consider them transitional champions. Austin only had one lengthy run as well. But either way you put it, my point still stands...Rock earned it either way. That was to hurtts.

In response to scribbler...I am not so sure that the Rock needs the title or that he can take it any time he wants...I like to think the WWE at least would have a reason or story line to carry why Rock would win the title. I highly doubt even Rock can just come in and say I want the title without a valid story to go with it.
    The bigget problem is people are so in love with guys like CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, and Antonio Cesaro that they see Rock winning the title as a way to hold these guys down. That's not the case. WWE is making a business decision. More people will buy Rock vs Cena II than they would Punk vs Ziggler. It's all dollar signs. The bigger issue is, who's going to save it after Wrestlemania? Rock will be gone. Brock is a shell of his former self. Stone Cold is a broken down old man. They're running out of people to bring back and save them during Wrestlemania season where they undoubtedly make the most money.

Rock winning the title tarnishes it? Not a chance. All it does is take the title from Punk and sending the IWC into an uproar.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    The bigget problem is people are so in love with guys like CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, and Antonio Cesaro that they see Rock winning the title as a way to hold these guys down. That's not the case. WWE is making a business decision. More people will buy Rock vs Cena II than they would Punk vs Ziggler. It's all dollar signs. The bigger issue is, who's going to save it after Wrestlemania? Rock will be gone. Brock is a shell of his former self. Stone Cold is a broken down old man. They're running out of people to bring back and save them during Wrestlemania season where they undoubtedly make the most money.

Rock winning the title tarnishes it? Not a chance. All it does is take the title from Punk and sending the IWC into an uproar.

absolutely correct. i think the people who are mostly against the rock getting the title are cm punk fans who couldnt stand their fav boy losing to the rock. same argument they come up with when it goes to facing the undertaker at WM: Why should Taker take the title off of Punk when he is only part time? Well, its easy: Cause he deserves it more than Punk does.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.