View RSS Feed

AWrestlingGod

AWrestlingGod: Heath Slater World Heavyweight Champion?

Rate this Entry
Where he comes from

Heath Slater is whom I consider to be one of (if not) the most under-utilized wrestler on the roster. Heath Slater was the one that week in and week out was putting over legends and making them look good. Heath Slater was one of the wrestlers that took part in one of the best story-lines in the past 5 years when he debuted with the original Nexus, he was also the he one who who took the fall in the Wrestlemania 27 8 man tag team match where he was pinned by the Big Show. Heath Slater though through all his losses would somehow get a reaction from the WWE universe, when he cuts a promo the crowd always responds (usually to a chorus of boos) and even though some consider him to be a glorified jobber, I see a future world champion in Heath Slater, a great one at that.

A Change of Character

I can see Heath Slater getting some kind of weapon like a guitar (like Jeff Jarrett.) Imagine him week in and week out carrying a guitar and using it to retain his intercontinental championship, imagine the heat and excitement he would get using his guitar and it would always get some kind of reaction from the crowd and give a reason for the crowd to want to see him each week. Also I would love to see Heath Slater concerts every once in a while, some where he is ripping on the crowd and singing about how great he is, it would be unique and different compared to the other wrestlers on the roster. With these new aspects to his character Heath Slater could become a top heel on the roster.

Build up to a World Heavyweight Title Reign

Heath Slater after a year long reign of getting under the audience's skin with cheap victories, I want to see Heath Slater enter the money in the bank ladder match and somehow win it. Imagine and ending where Heath Slater and another wrestler is on the ladder and somehow Slater grabs his guitar and uses it while still on top of the ladder to win. It would be a spectacular ending, and a great moment in Slater's career. Eventually Heath Slater would get some big wins over top superstars, and would some weeks attack the world champion and act as if he was about to cash in only to leave claiming he's not ready only to get more heat from the crowd. Finally the night he cashes in he gets his signature guitar and smacks it over the head over the World Heavyweight Champion and gets the victory. His reign should include more Heath Slater concerts, a one man band music video, and a few cheap world title wins.

Conclusion

Heath Slater is a good wrestler, with good promo skills who always seems to get under the audiences skin. And since 2010 he has been a very hard worker who deserves to be one of the top stars and a future champion. Most people don't see it happening but ever since the debut of 3MB got me thinking look at all the wrestlers who got there own factions (Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, Triple H) all where top stars and became top stars due to being leaders of factions, and now Heath Slater is a leader and I believe only great things are to come in the future of the One Man Rock Band.

Thanks for Reading.

Submit "AWrestlingGod: Heath Slater World Heavyweight Champion?" to Digg Submit "AWrestlingGod: Heath Slater World Heavyweight Champion?" to del.icio.us Submit "AWrestlingGod: Heath Slater World Heavyweight Champion?" to StumbleUpon Submit "AWrestlingGod: Heath Slater World Heavyweight Champion?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As of now I do not see him a WHC. But the gimmick you proposed is good.

He should have a different costume also n should carry his own microphone with OMB written on it...he should use that as his weapon....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahu
    As of now I do not see him a WHC. But the gimmick you proposed is good.

He should have a different costume also n should carry his own microphone with OMB written on it...he should use that as his weapon....
    World Champion is a bit of a stretch but I can see as a multi time intercontinental champion along the lines of a Honky Tonk Man, and Jeff Jarrett. I just feel like if he gets over enough he can get some what of a main event push.
    You can maybe put him in a run for the IC Heavyweight Title, but World Heavyweight Title, give him (at the minimum) a year and a half and then we'll go from there.
    World Champion is a bit of a stretch but I can see as a multi time intercontinental champion along the lines of a Honky Tonk Man, and Jeff Jarrett. I just feel like if he gets over enough he can get some what of a main event push.
    Yes I can also see a multi time US champ n IC champ. I do not know much about Honky Tonk Man so I woll not comment on him. But I can say one thing, Slater is more entertaining than Jarrett ever was in WWF n WCW...
    The problem with "The Change of Character" is that it's been done way too many times, and its unoriginal. Sure it will give him a push, but if it even gets this current 3MB the tag titles, I'd say that's even a stretch at the moment. Slater's Character doesn't get under my skin...I just get up and take a piss. I'd rather watch the commercials than watch his lame-ass promos.

But I will admit, he does have some wrestling skill. So that tells me he just needs to shed this current gimmick he has. Yes it's going to give him and the others a SLIGHT push, but after that, he'll be right back to jobbing after Survivor Series. My guess is the WWE is making all these teams up now for SS, and after they will slowly break them up. Call me crazy, but that's my thoughts.
    Updated 10-26-2012 at 01:21 PM by Rick Starr

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.