View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

WWE RAW 10/15 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge

Rating: 7 votes, 2.29 average.
Welcome to another addition of the Deluxe Lounge. Welp! Let's not waste anymore time. Let's -- FEED! YOU! MORE! -- numbers.

The October 15th WWE RAW scored a 2.81 cable rating with 3.98 million viewers. This is pretty much the same rating we got last week. There doesn't seem to be any improvement in viewership what so ever. Let's take a look at what hindered the show this week.

In the segment breakdown, the opener with Big Show did a 2.82 quarter rating. This is lower than usual, but it is kind of the same type of rating RAW usually gets when the show opens. No biggy I suppose. I personally tuned out. Big Show bores me. Simple as that.

Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan gained 73,000 viewers. A good match that drew a small amount of viewers, but gained viewers regardless. Bryan understandably does the job to give Big Show some momentum to his inevitable defeat against Sheamus. I also like the story being told by Kane and Bryan needing each other to watch each other's backs -- well, if we are being honest it is mostly Bryan needing KANE to watch his back -- which is building up to the day where they eventually split and become rivals.

The CM Punk and Vince McMahon segment with Brodus Clay vs. Alberto Del Rio gained 161,000 viewers. Vince and Punk continue to reign in viewerships. Despite the segment not being so eventful overall, it is still a testament to the star power of Vince and somewhat Punk to keep fans tuned in. It's also surprising Brodus Clay did not have a bad effect on ratings this time around. Or maybe its because he was facing Alberto Del Rio? Who knows?

Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. Titus O'Neil and Darren Young lost 427,000 viewers. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Yes, its good we have tag teams again. But for christ sake, DO SOMETHING WITH THEM OTHER THAN HAVING RANDOM FREAKING MATCHES! Do a segment backstage, take them somewhere, have them do backstage interviews, or something! We need more than just half-naked men wrestling inside the ring.

Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler and David Otunga gained 512,000 viewers for a 3.04 quarter rating in the 9pm timeslot. To kick off the second hour we get the show off cutting one hell of a promo on Ryback, only to be followed by a joke of a promo from David Otunga. And then we unleash the Ryback! FEEDING TIME! He cleans house, the fans love it, and we move on. DONE!

Justin Gabriel vs. Antonio Cesaro and Kane vs. Matt Striker lost 354,000 viewers. Two pointless matches that advanced nothing and led to nothing. Were they entertaining? Somewhat. Were they memorable? Not in the least!

The segment with Kofi Kingston and The Miz lost 105,000 viewers. MIZtv did not do so well in viewership this week. Honestly, nothing really happened. Miz degraded Kingston, they made mention of their match on Main Event, and .... they announced a match later on in the night? Umm. Okay.

Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett gained 279,000 viewers in the 10pm timeslot.
As much as I don't like Sheamus, he has been doing pretty well in viewership as of lately. Again, it's probably because of his placement, but an increase is an increase. This match was not as good as their match last week, but it was decent. Show came out and got his ass kicked. More hype for their match. What else can we say?

Layla vs. Eve Torres plus backstage segments lost 53,000 viewers.
I'm shocked they even had this match on RAW. Wasn't this supposed to be the diva's championship match for HIAC? I guess not. Wonder what WWE is going to do instead. Perhaps, a triple threat match between Eve, Layla, and Kaitlyn? Let's see what happens. Not a big loss in viewers for the divas.

Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes vs. Primo and Epico lost 443,000 more viewers. If you're not going to do anything with your tag teams, once again, no one is going to care. This was supposed to be the finals of the tag team tournament but apparently Rey Mysterio got sick. So we will have that next week. Hopefully it gets some hype. This segment had the biggest loss, but not the lowest rating. Guess what did?

The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston lost 3,000 viewers and did a 2.56 quarter rating. Yep. The main event of WWE main event had the lowest rating of the entire show. Sucks for the Intercontinental champion. This might have been what led to the Miz loses the title, his inability to draw viewers. The same could be said for Kofi Kingston, but WWE will probably let that slide based off the fact that he is extremmely popular.

The final segment with Vince, Ryback, Punk and John Cena gained 766,000 viewers for a 3.10 overrun rating. Yet again, we are seeing significant gains in viewership when it comes to the main event, which is always a great thing. I mean, look at the components. Vince, Ryback, Cena, and Punk. All of them are ratings drawers. So no matter how BAD this segment COULD have been, people were going to watch it. It was set up to succeed.

Now, as always, I have my opinions about the show. Namely, Ryback getting the main event spot. If you want to here it in detail, please check out the "Video of the Week" down below:

See you next week for more numbers.

Submit "WWE RAW 10/15 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Digg Submit "WWE RAW 10/15 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE RAW 10/15 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE RAW 10/15 Ratings Breakdown ~ The Deluxe Lounge" to Google

Updated 10-20-2012 at 01:40 PM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @2Shoes -- So I make one understandable grammar mistake, and now I don't know English?? Huh? I mean, out of an article full of words, around one thousand last I checked, ONE word dictates my knowlegde of the english language. Excuse my french, but that is fucking retarded ... the hell is your problem?

Also, there is a reason I used the term "might" in the sentence, so it does not come across PRECISE! Who knows why Miz and Kofi got a low rating? Could be because of Miz or Kofi, but I'm not ASSUMING its either one of them. I am simply making a inductive conclusion based off of the Miz LOSING viewers over the last month as IC champion. Get your fucking facts straight before you decide to come on here and tell me how to write my own damn blog. Idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Deluxe_08
    @2Shoes -- So I make one understandable grammar mistake, and now I don't know English?? Huh? I mean, out of an article full of words, around one thousand last I checked, ONE word dictates my knowlegde of the english language. Excuse my french, but that is fucking retarded ... the hell is your problem?

Also, there is a reason I used the term "might" in the sentence, so it does not come across PRECISE! Who knows why Miz and Kofi got a low rating? Could be because of Miz or Kofi, but I'm not ASSUMING its either one of them. I am simply making a inductive conclusion based off of the Miz LOSING viewers over the last month as IC champion. Get your fucking facts straight before you decide to come on here and tell me how to write my own damn blog. Idiot.
    Please learn to use the reply feature so I know when you respond.

No, you've actually made several mistakes. Here are some of them:

"There doesn't seem to be any improvement in viewership what so ever."
    "Whatsoever" is a single word, not three.

"But for christ sake"
    This doesn't make sense. I think you mean "But for Christ's sake" - capitalisation is also important.

"Do a segment backstage, take them somewhere, have them do backstage interviews, or something!"
    Why the comma before "or something!"?

"To kick off the second hour we get the show off cutting one hell of a promo on Ryback..."
    Why is Ryback capitalised and "show off" not? "Show Off" - it's one of his nicknames.

"Wasn't this supposed to be the diva's championship match for HIAC? ... Not a big loss in viewers for the divas."
    "Diva's" should be capitalised, just like "Superstars" is capitalised.

"Perhaps, a triple threat match between Eve, Layla, and Kaitlyn?"
    Why the comma after "Perhaps"?

Other issues:
    "As much as I don't like Sheamus, he has been doing pretty well in viewership as of lately. Again, it's probably because of his placement, but an increase is an increase."
    How can you say this? What data are you calculating this probability on? - Your opinion. Again, pretentious blog.
    Also, it's "as of late" not "as of lately" - seriously, do you even go to school?

"This might have been what led to the Miz loses the title, his inability to draw viewers."
    This is, again, your opinion. Pretentious blog. You're being authoritative with your opinons and stating them as fact. "...his inability to draw viewers", your logic makes no sense at all. You haven't counted in any other data to support your opinion, you're just being an authority because you don't like Miz. Get over yourself. Pretentious.

All in all, terrible blog. Pretentious. Would not read again. 2/10. 2 for effort and nice layout. Just learn how to write and if you're going to give your opinion on the ratings, make sure it's an informed opinion instead of just saying that Miz can't draw because you don't like him. There's plenty of evidence to the contrary, and you haven't even looked at what else was on TV nor the psychology behind the viewers.

P.S. I think you mean "grammatical mistake", not "grammar mistake" lol.
    Updated 10-20-2012 at 09:49 PM by 2Shoes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.